Warren County Basketball

14pioneers

Well it??™s like this. Yes the freshmen are good and they were also good at the middle school, but so were the teams that came previous to them. I imagine with the combination if they can stick it out we will be competative again next year. There might be about two that could compete at the varsity level right now, (Mitchel & Casey) I??™ll have to disagree with the ones mentioned before. I don't think they are ready yet. They only have one senior playing down low the rest are younger guys and neither of the two freshman mentioned could out play them.

I think this years sophomores won nearly ever game they played at the middle school level. This year??™s juniors and seniors also won at that level. Most of those kids get to the High school and quit. They either move on to another sport or just can??™t handle all the negative crap thrown their way. Look at how many have quit over the past 4 years. These aren??™t kids that got cut they quit! One senior walked off the court during practice last year has anyone bothered to ask why? The seniors only have five left and most of them weren??™t starters at the middle school. From a player prospective when you??™ve played with the same kids your entire life you know what??™s about to happen, and can anticipate the out come. Someone said they need talent and heart well I would have to say the kids??™ still standing DO. The players left at the end of the day play because they love the game. How many of you would play for WC if you had too:

1. Put in hours & hours of practice to get told you have NO heart or talent by a fat guy at a keyboard

2. Have a fellow students tell you that your team stinks

3. Have former players tell you it??™s not worth all the BS

4. Have coaches tell you that you stink and you??™re losers

5. Have parents that give you the third degree when you make a mistake because one mistake and you??™re pulled from the game

6. During the summer you??™re playing tournaments instead of enjoying the Gilley pool

7. When your friends are enjoying Christmas break you??™re getting hammered at a tournament somewhere

8. You get slammed by the newspaper reporter in print for the world to see

9. At the end of the season when banquet time arrives you don??™t even get a trophy for all the hours of sacrifice you put in or have a principle that doesn??™t show up because he doesn??™t want to be bothered.

Really with all that support would you play for WC? I for one think every player on that team has more heart then we will ever know. Good luck WC win or lose you have one fan behind you! Go lady pioneers!

WOW !!!!!somebody is finally seeing what they have told me. Know for sure these guys and girls can compete at high level but must have support. What a waste when you have the kids wanting to bust there butts .

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW !!!!!somebody is finally seeing what they have told me. Know for sure these guys and girls can compete at high level but must have support. What a waste when you have the kids wanting to bust there butts .

I would just like to take this time and wish all Pioneer players, coaches, and Pioneer supporters a Happy Holiday Season. Good luck in your Holiday tourney Pioneers, you guys are really close to becoming a dangerous team. Keep working !! GO PIONEERS !!!!

I would just like to take this time and wish all Pioneer players, coaches, and Pioneer supporters a Happy Holiday Season. Good luck in your Holiday tourney Pioneers, you guys are really close to becoming a dangerous team. Keep working !! GO PIONEERS !!!!

Any news on today's game with harpeth ? They played at 12 o'clock. Also any news on the girls game against Mapelwood ? Anybody !!! Somebody !!

Warren County plays at 1:30 P.M. Tuesday at Ravenwood.

Ravenwood defeated Warren County 59-45. After a close first half (30-27) , we were outscored 20-1 in the 3rd quarter. Eleven pioneer players scored with Prater, Brassel and Bond all netting 6 points apiece. We play a 8am game today, that is probably over by now against Rossview.

Ravenwood defeated Warren County 59-45. After a close first half (30-27) , we were outscored 20-1 in the 3rd quarter. Eleven pioneer players scored with Prater, Brassel and Bond all netting 6 points apiece. We play a 8am game today, that is probably over by now against Rossview.

Warren County was absolutely routed today by Rossview 63-26 !!!!! What's up with that ???? 26 points for a High School Basketball team ????