Official New District Alignments

Solomon

Oak Ridge will be part of the easiest District in the state.. Maybe that will help them turn things around?

Sure, Oak Ridge should have no trouble with their 6A region opponents, but keep in mind, the old region 3-4A was often one of the toughest regions in the state. OR will have tough region games against Halls, Powell, Central, Clinton, and Anderson County next year.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Tullahoma fan let me say that although I had really hoped Coffee Co. would make it into District 8-AAA, I knew the chances were slim. Things won't change much in football as the Coffee Pot will still be a huge game.

However, what the TSSAA has done in the other sports is absolutely ridiculous. Now Tullahoma and Coffee Co., two schools in the same county only 12 miles apart, will no longer be in the same basketball, baseball, softball, and volleyball regions.

This is bad for the whole county, for both communities, and for all the athletic programs involved. Shame on you TSSAA. There had to be a better way than this for Coffee Co.

I guess that BS that Mathis tried to feed everyone that he would keep CC and Tullahoma in the same district was just smoke and mirrors...........

The big problem I see in Smyrna" district is having to find 5 out of district games instead of the 3 we now have. Smyrna has a very hard time finding games and other teams that are seen as pretty good will also have a hard time finding games.

Oakland will go from teams calling them to teams not retruning calls.

The only reason Smyrna scheduled Brentwood Academy is because they could not get anybody else to play them.

I am sure other good teams have dealt with this but now with 5 games instead of 3 it will be harder

The big problem I see in Smyrna" district is having to find 5 out of district games instead of the 3 we now have. Smyrna has a very hard time finding games and other teams that are seen as pretty good will also have a hard time finding games.

The only reason Smyrna scheduled Brentwood Academy is because they could not get anybody else to play them.

I am sure other good teams have dealt with this but now with 5 games instead of 3 it will be harder

I agree and think that when the new schools in Rutherford county are up and running it will remedy the situation.

I agree and think that when the new schools in Rutherford county are up and running it will remedy the situation.

I am sure that is what the Board of Control had in mind when re-classifying 7-AAA. However, I see a larger problem at hand. Some of these district only have 2 teams for a playoff class. Technically, they could go 1-9 and get an automatic qualifier over a team that 6-4, 7-3, but they just happened to be that team's 1 win, it still does not fix the situation of bad teams getting into the playoffs.

They had a chance to squash it and they killed any hopes of doing so when they rejected Bolton's proposal to have team with only a .500 record or better make the playoffs.

There will always be teams out there looking for a good game. Overall record will have a big say in the 8 wild card sports, but if you take care of business within your district, nothing to worry about.

With that said, your going to see some teams load up on easy competition in preparation of getting one of these wildcard spots. I would rather use a computer power ranking system that relying on the state association's method of tiebreakers.

I am sure that is what the Board of Control had in mind when re-classifying 7-AAA. However, I see a larger problem at hand. Some of these district only have 2 teams for a playoff class. Technically, they could go 1-9 and get an automatic qualifier over a team that 6-4, 7-3, but they just happened to be that team's 1 win, it still does not fix the situation of bad teams getting into the playoffs.

They had a chance to squash it and they killed any hopes of doing so when they rejected Bolton's proposal to have team with only a .500 record or better make the playoffs.

I agree, and that??™s why I wrote this in another thread where they were comparing their district to the SEC:

???I still feel TN. HS football should go to a point system like in Ohio and other states where the teams you beat and the teams they beat calculate to a number which determines your playoff status.

This will keep it "somewhat" fair and keep teams from playing "cup cakes" and going 10-0 or 9-1 then finding out their not as good when they lose in the 1st round of the playoffs (ummm.......DB) It also keeps teams with 3-7 records from making the playoffs because their region stinks.

Like anything, this would not be perfect because what if you are in a terrible district and you don't get good value from beating them. So then an 8-2 or 7-3 team can be seated ahead of a 10-0 team but that 8-2 or 7-3 team may be better anyway.???

I agree, and that??™s why I wrote this in another thread where they were comparing their district to the SEC:

???I still feel TN. HS football should go to a point system like in Ohio and other states where the teams you beat and the teams they beat calculate to a number which determines your playoff status.

This will keep it "somewhat" fair and keep teams from playing "cup cakes" and going 10-0 or 9-1 then finding out their not as good when they lose in the 1st round of the playoffs (ummm.......DB) It also keeps teams with 3-7 records from making the playoffs because their region stinks.

Like anything, this would not be perfect because what if you are in a terrible district and you don't get good value from beating them. So then an 8-2 or 7-3 team can be seated ahead of a 10-0 team but that 8-2 or 7-3 team may be better anyway.???

I think had the TSSAA accepted Bolton's proposal that all teams that make the playoffs must have at 5 wins, that would have been effective enough to make this system work. But in terms of bad teams qualifying for the playoffs, it is even worse than what we have at this moment.

not wanting to sound too stupid, but why are there 5A and 6A schools in the same district? How will they compete for the district crown? thnx for assistance for an old guy

In the regular season, they are compressing it to just 3 classifications, so you are going to have 5 and 6A teams in some of the districts. There is going to be a district crown, but it really is not going to mean as much unless you have a district where all the teams will be playing in the same class, such as 7-AAA. No shame in not understanding how this new plan works, I am still trying to figure out all the little nuances myself.

I think had the TSSAA accepted Bolton's proposal that all teams that make the playoffs must have at 5 wins, that would have been effective enough to make this system work. But in terms of bad teams qualifying for the playoffs, it is even worse than what we have at this moment.

I will tell you straight up why that proposal was denied. When they added a class you split the number of schools into more playoff slots thus adding more teams. If you only select teams with a 5-5 record or better then you could possibly have some open slots. That my friend would make the T$$AA lose playoff revenue. Who ever said this was going to let only the good teams make the playoffs was feeding everybody a line. More slots= more teams plain and simple.

I will tell you straight up why that proposal was denied. When they added a class you split the number of schools into more playoff slots thus adding more teams. If you only select teams with a 5-5 record or better then you could possibly have some open slots. That my friend would make the T$$AA lose playoff revenue. Who ever said this was going to let only the good teams make the playoffs was feeding everybody a line. More slots= more teams plain and simple.

Believe me, I know why they denied it. But they had a chance to win some favor back across the state and chose to give everybody the obligatory "screw you" instead