Official New District Alignments

Solomon

Believe me, I know why they denied it. But they had a chance to win some favor back across the state and chose to give everybody the obligatory "screw you" instead

Just like they usually do.

Best case senerio would have been to condense the playoffs to 4 classes with 1-A through 4-A and gone back to taking the top 2 from 16 districts. But that is way too simple.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like they usually do.

Best case senerio would have been to condense the playoffs to 4 classes with 1-A through 4-A and gone back to taking the top 2 from 16 districts. But that is way too simple.

Honestly, I dont even know why they have to break away from what we currently have. I will say that they will win some points back from me if they decide to mix up the seeding and not have teams playing each other for a second time before the quarterfinals.

I guess that BS that Mathis tried to feed everyone that he would keep CC and Tullahoma in the same district was just smoke and mirrors...........

Don't think one person can make the decision on who plays where........but agree that CC should be in region w/ FC Shelby, Tull etc.

Cumberland Co and White Co would be hard to place anywhere without getting complaints.

Lebanon would be my choice to play in region w/ White Co. Cookeville, etc and Coffee Co. move in old CTC group.

The big problem I see in Smyrna" district is having to find 5 out of district games instead of the 3 we now have. Smyrna has a very hard time finding games and other teams that are seen as pretty good will also have a hard time finding games.

Oakland will go from teams calling them to teams not retruning calls.

The only reason Smyrna scheduled Brentwood Academy is because they could not get anybody else to play them.

I am sure other good teams have dealt with this but now with 5 games instead of 3 it will be harder

I was glad to see them schedule a team like BA. Since the only thing that mattered was region record for playoffs why wouldn't you schedule a team like that. I understand some publics will not play Div II teams but after 12 years some of that seems to going away. It is better than taking Ooltewah approach and only having a 9 game schedule the last 2 years because they would not play a Div II team. Smyrna JV and Smyrna freshman played MBA this year maybe MBA will pop up on the schedule next year.

I guess that BS that Mathis tried to feed everyone that he would keep CC and Tullahoma in the same district was just smoke and mirrors...........

My understanding from those in attendance at the meeting was that Mathis DID try to retain CC back into the old district and did in turn vote to get this done. One person from one area cannot decide the outcome and should never be held accountable. (unless of course you have a personal problem not related to this issue)