Official New District Alignments

Solomon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tssaa.org/allclasses.pdf

Discuss amongst yourselves.

I'll discuss it right here...I HATE IT!! CC is stuck in a district with 4 other teams that aren't rivals, andwill still have to play 6 non-region games against our real rivals, but they won't count for anything. This ain't the z-plan. It's the ######-plan. You'll have to win the district to make the play-offs, unless there is sumthin I'm missing here. Every other district has at least 6 or more teams, so why would you have one with only 5?

I'll discuss it right here...I HATE IT!! CC is stuck in a district with 4 other teams that aren't rivals, andwill still have to play 6 non-region games against our real rivals, but they won't count for anything. This ain't the z-plan. It's the ######-plan. You'll have to win the district to make the play-offs, unless there is sumthin I'm missing here. Every other district has at least 6 or more teams, so why would you have one with only 5?

Which of the many CC's are you talking about? I'm going to guess that you mean Coffee County. And I have to agree that y'all drew the short straw on this one--but someone had to. As I put it elsewhere, it's a real challenge to get the map to work statewide. Cumberland and White Counties are always hard to place; Warren County and Cookeville are logical additions to them, but then where do you go, Lebanon? (When I drew it up, I took in Rhea County and Soddy-Daisy, which might have been an even worse idea--but I was trying to avoid the overcrowding you see in Knoxville.) That said, even with all those difficulties, Tullahoma should have gone over with you.

As for making the playoffs, again assuming you are who I think you are, you can do it three ways. One, finish first or second among all five teams. Second, finish above both of the other 6A teams in the district. Third, win enough games overall to get a wild card.

(And there is one other 5-team district in AAA, namely--or numerically, rather--13, in the non-Shelby west.)

Which of the many CC's are you talking about? I'm going to guess that you mean Coffee County. And I have to agree that y'all drew the short straw on this one--but someone had to. As I put it elsewhere, it's a real challenge to get the map to work statewide. Cumberland and White Counties are always hard to place; Warren County and Cookeville are logical additions to them, but then where do you go, Lebanon? (When I drew it up, I took in Rhea County and Soddy-Daisy, which might have been an even worse idea--but I was trying to avoid the overcrowding you see in Knoxville.) That said, even with all those difficulties, Tullahoma should have gone over with you.

As for making the playoffs, again assuming you are who I think you are, you can do it three ways. One, finish first or second among all five teams. Second, finish above both of the other 6A teams in the district. Third, win enough games overall to get a wild card.

(And there is one other 5-team district in AAA, namely--or numerically, rather--13, in the non-Shelby west.)

We are in the 13th....Dyer County. I dread this...the closest team in our district is Jackson NS. I don't mind the competition even though we are one of THE smallest 5A schools....we jumped 2 classifications.....what I mind is the ridiculous amount of travel. There are people in the world that have small children /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Whole deal has given me a headache.

sorry, yes I'm talking about Coffee County. We've built not only football, but softball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc. rivalries with these teams for longer than I been around, and now we start over. The travel will be more. Coffee, Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Winchester, Lincoln Co., Columbia, and Lawrenceburg have been playing each other for ever. I quess we still will, but it won't count except for over-all record. We Would have been much better off, if they had left it the way it was. I don't see it helping the gate either.

sorry, yes I'm talking about Coffee County. We've built not only football, but softball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc. rivalries with these teams for longer than I been around, and now we start over. The travel will be more. Coffee, Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Winchester, Lincoln Co., Columbia, and Lawrenceburg have been playing each other for ever. I quess we still will, but it won't count except for over-all record. We Would have been much better off, if they had left it the way it was. I don't see it helping the gate either.

By the way Silverpie, I liked your plan better than what we got.

Good idea Solly...

I'm sure this will keep us busy long after the playoffs are over.....

Do you (or anyone else) know when the schedules will be set??????

tpoole12

No clue, but my guess is very soon. I talked to a friend on mine who coaches and he was getting contrats taken care of today and only had one ify game left.

I believe district schedules are typicaly scheduled at these meetings and then out of district shortly there-after.

I must say Catholic in District 4 was a surprise. Also a bit surprised that they sent Knox Co teams 3 ways in regions 2, 3, and 4.

I'm ready to see who team #3 for Maryville out of district will be....

No clue, but my guess is very soon. I talked to a friend on mine who coaches and he was getting contrats taken care of today and only had one ify game left.

I believe district schedules are typicaly scheduled at these meetings and then out of district shortly there-after.

I must say Catholic in District 4 was a surprise. Also a bit surprised that they sent Knox Co teams 3 ways in regions 2, 3, and 4.

I'm ready to see who team #3 for Maryville out of district will be....

I figure Alcoa will be one... and according to our softspoken, easy going friends... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> from Oak Ridge there may be a Rebels/ Wildcat meeting.....

The first rumors I heard had us in a nine team district but it didn't turn out that way. That leaves us lookng for three also.. I think Sevier Co. is a given but have no clue about the others...

tpoole12

Guest catsvoice

As a Tullahoma fan let me say that although I had really hoped Coffee Co. would make it into District 8-AAA, I knew the chances were slim. Things won't change much in football as the Coffee Pot will still be a huge game.

However, what the TSSAA has done in the other sports is absolutely ridiculous. Now Tullahoma and Coffee Co., two schools in the same county only 12 miles apart, will no longer be in the same basketball, baseball, softball, and volleyball regions.

This is bad for the whole county, for both communities, and for all the athletic programs involved. Shame on you TSSAA. There had to be a better way than this for Coffee Co.

Oak Ridge will be part of the easiest District in the state.. Maybe that will help them turn things around?

I'm hearing that Oak Ridges two non district wishes would be Farragut and Maryville, but for the life of me I can't see why unless it would just be for the money from the gate.

And as for the new opponents we will just have some new teams to beat us if changes aren't made. But we can't talk about that or this thread will be closed.