Greeneville's New Conference Schedule Set

WGRV

They said it would be 09' before they had that in place but it is coming. GHS has a great home field.......except the parking in the endzone. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know that there have been a few times someone has got cold and started their car for heat and headlights come on. But that is a rare occasion. These parking space raise a lot of money for the atheletic dept. They provide parking for people who have a hardship in walking or getting in the bleachers, to be able to watch the game. I hope that explains that issue a little bit more in detail.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the process of naming the new conferences and what would be the time table to doing this?

It's already been named!

It's called the UETCC (Upper East Tennessee Cupcake Conference).... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

J/K

Anyways, one legit question.... with the new turf, were those rocks taken out of the endzone? There was always a history with the slope of that endzone, and I was wondering if it was still there.

It's already been named!

It's called the UETCC (Upper East Tennessee Cupcake Conference).... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

J/K

Anyways, one legit question.... with the new turf, were those rocks taken out of the endzone? There was always a history with the slope of that endzone, and I was wondering if it was still there.

Yes, the rocks remain. When the turf was installed the field was shifted about 8-10 yards away from the rocks. You can see the field by logging on to www.greenevillefootball.com.

It's already been named!

J/K

Wesley don't be so snarley /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

So I guess the other teams in the district don't even need to play greeneville and just concede the win to them. I guess everyone else just needs to play for second right? I hope all of Greenevilles fans arent like the ones that post on these treads. There are gonna be some good football games in this conference and yes, even when the other teams play mighty greeneville. Don't put that trophy on your shelf just yet. It's still November!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So I guess the other teams in the district don't even need to play greeneville and just concede the win to them. I guess everyone else just needs to play for second right? I hope all of Greenevilles fans arent like the ones that post on these treads. There are gonna be some good football games in this conference and yes, even when the other teams play mighty greeneville. Don't put that trophy on your shelf just yet. It's still November!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Total aggreement veerman /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Veer half these people on this thread are current rivals from MLC and 5 rivers who are finally having to accept the reality that they've been beaten by a little soon-to-be 2A team...This is a fine decision for Greeneville. I don't see anyone dissing Central for trying to be reassigned to 2A or Betsy and North for playing in their assigned division but for Greeneville to do it... well we're just looking for an easy road to state. I rather think the one we were on was taking us nowhere...This great competition, and renewed cross-county rivalries will make District 2 stronger over the next 4 years. It would be nice to see upper East Tn make some noise in 2A.

Veer half these people on this thread are current rivals from MLC and 5 rivers who are finally having to accept the reality that they've been beaten by a little soon-to-be 2A team...This is a fine decision for Greeneville. I don't see anyone dissing Central for trying to be reassigned to 2A or Betsy and North for playing in their assigned division but for Greeneville to do it... well we're just looking for an easy road to state. I rather think the one we were on was taking us nowhere...This great competition, and renewed cross-county rivalries will make District 2 stronger over the next 4 years. It would be nice to see upper East Tn make some noise in 2A.

Ghs may be out ahead of others in the conference next year but by how much. I think playing to our size will be great b/c next season should be a rebuilding year, am i right. With all the players we lose this year. Coach M will finally start earning that money(not saying he isn't already) As for the scoreboard that is with the school and pepsi I believe. As far a upgrades i don't see them starting soon. With the way the economy is who knows what will happen.

Barb, I know you didn't mean it this way, but saying that "the road we were on was taking us nowhere" is somewhat offensive to former players and coaches who have accomplished so much over the years. Winning back to back conference championships in region 2-4A is a huge accomplishment. Many other teams have been successful over the years doing what most schools are scared to try. Making the playoffs in the top division when only two teams were chosen was a great feat done by teams that could run right through next years 4A division. Noone from Fulton and certainly noone from next years conference could have tackled James Mayes or Dustin Moore among many others.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rant, but I do think that it is important to recognize success outside of winning one of the 8 "state championships" in Tennessee.

Ghs may be out ahead of others in the conference next year but by how much. I think playing to our size will be great b/c next season should be a rebuilding year, am i right. With all the players we lose this year. Coach M will finally start earning that money(not saying he isn't already) As for the scoreboard that is with the school and pepsi I believe. As far a upgrades i don't see them starting soon. With the way the economy is who knows what will happen.

If you judge by previous history and the fact that these two teams compete with the rest of the competition, one might guess that we are somewhere between 20 and 40 points ahead depending on the year, and within two touchdowns about once per decade.

Chuckey-Doak (14-0)

1987 W 28-13

1988 W 10-8

1989 W 28-0

1990 W 20-0

1991 W 35-20

1992 W 23-13

1993 W 27-6

1994 W 48-0

1997 W 47-0

1998 W 35-12

1999 W 62-6

2000 W 42-0

2001 W 28-0

2002 W 56-6

South Greene (16-1)

1979 W 19-6

1980 W 12-0

1981 W 15-0

1982 W 17-0

1983 W 28-20

1984 L 0-7

1985 W 28-7

1986 W 40-14

1988 W 36-6

1989 W 33-6

1990 W 39-0

1991 W 42-9

1992 W 33-7

1993 W 40-6

1994 W 48-0

1997 W 33-6

1998 W 42-0

Barb, I know you didn't mean it this way, but saying that "the road we were on was taking us nowhere" is somewhat offensive to former players and coaches who have accomplished so much over the years. Winning back to back conference championships in region 2-4A is a huge accomplishment. Many other teams have been successful over the years doing what most schools are scared to try. Making the playoffs in the top division when only two teams were chosen was a great feat done by teams that could run right through next years 4A division. Noone from Fulton and certainly noone from next years conference could have tackled James Mayes or Dustin Moore among many others.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rant, but I do think that it is important to recognize success outside of winning one of the 8 "state championships" in Tennessee.

If you judge by previous history and the fact that these two teams compete with the rest of the competition, one might guess that we are somewhere between 20 and 40 points ahead depending on the year and within two touchdowns about once per decade.

Chuckey-Doak (14-0)

1987 W 28-13

1988 W 10-8

1989 W 28-0

1990 W 20-0

1991 W 35-20

1992 W 23-13

1993 W 27-6

1994 W 48-0

1997 W 47-0

1998 W 35-12

1999 W 62-6

2000 W 42-0

2001 W 28-0

2002 W 56-6

South Greene (16-1)

1979 W 19-6

1980 W 12-0

1981 W 15-0

1982 W 17-0

1983 W 28-20

1984 L 0-7

1985 W 28-7

1986 W 40-14

1988 W 36-6

1989 W 33-6

1990 W 39-0

1991 W 42-9

1992 W 33-7

1993 W 40-6

1994 W 48-0

1997 W 33-6

1998 W 42-0

I certainly did not mean to make light of our teams accomplishments and storied history, but these days, success is measured in state championships...whether we like it or not. While we could continue to play up with limited success, we will ultimately fall victim to larger schools with larger rosters, more depth and a larger talent pool. I would not be adverse to this but since TSSAA will not allow us to play up in some sports and not in others, it creates a very uneven playing field for other sports such as wrestling and soccer. And its really easy to sit back as an adult with different priorities and talk about how proud we all should be to have won conference championships and made the play-offs but surely you remember how badly you wanted to win and move on, come play-off time...how much you desired that championship. Its time these kids had a fighting chance at acheiving their goal.