Maryville @ Rhea

BackValleyRally

Just a question...what was the Cleveland vs Rhea county score? Didn't Cleveland beat them pretty bad? Maryville could have beaten Cleveland by as much as they wanted... I remember last year..or maybe the year before and undefeated Red Bank came calling and got the fool beat out of them. Same with Morristown West a couple years before...I am sure it was destiny for all them too. I say Rebels by 3 touchdowns.I'd say 5 but they are playing at Rhea County and that is a HUGE advantage.

Since it is NOT tattooed on my backside, I'll have to pull the Cleveland score from memory...and I think it was 41 or 42 to 7. Can't remember for sure. I think I would deem that a "pretty bad" beating.

I think the underlying theme on here for the supporters of the green and gold is this - none of us wanted it to come down to this game. I know I didn't. But it has. That being said, we've grown as a team this year and we're not intimidated or afraid of the game tomorrow night. It is what it is - and whatever the score at 10 PM, life will go on. But we're not going into this beaten already. You win it tomorrow, you'll have to earn it. Fans are ready, coaches are ready, team is ready. I've been one of the most outspoken here, maintaining that the Maryville game would be the end of the road for us. I took a little heat for it. But I've changed my mind. I think if our team wants it bad enough, they can make it happen. That's my take on it.

Just a question...what was the Cleveland vs Rhea county score? Didn't Cleveland beat them pretty bad? Maryville could have beaten Cleveland by as much as they wanted... I remember last year..or maybe the year before and undefeated Red Bank came calling and got the fool beat out of them. Same with Morristown West a couple years before...I am sure it was destiny for all them too. I say Rebels by 3 touchdowns.I'd say 5 but they are playing at Rhea County and that is a HUGE advantage.

You like to quote stats and scores.... They mean little to nothing.... How about a couple years ago when Brainerd went to Maryville and lost 21-18 I believe and that was after everyone (Rhea, Cleveland, & Red Bank) in region 4 had used them as a doormat no one thought that could happen.

So it may be a cliche but "On any given Friday, any given team can lose."

Even if Rhea does lose (which I hope we don't) Maryville's streak will end at 74 because Henry County will spank them in the finals. The Brandon (FL) wrestling dynasty of 459 straight wins (30+ years and longest streak for ANY high school sport) ended last year so why not the Maryville football dynasty this year?

Rhea - 42

Maryville - 38

it doesnt matter how many people it holds MARYVILLE is coming to clean house and yuo tell # 1 5 8 10 11 12 14 18 22 52 77 that WE MARYVILLE AINTPLAYING NO GAMES THATS IT SO TOMMORROW NIGHT ABOUT 10:30 rhea county golden eagles will be puttong up their pads so lets go rebels and lets kick their #### and cam tallent is just a sphomore choke dog who cant win the big games

You Rhea Co. guys have been entertaining , I'll give you that . This brand new poster here who Is supposedly a Maryville fan who joined CoachT an hour ago to make his first post under the name maryvilleisgod ..... hmmm , surely there's not people out there gullible enough to believe this ... but good try guys ... between the Knute Rockne speeches , the Claw , Mary-ville , Reflecting on 2006 , and now the oldest trick on CoachT , the newly planted " ARROGANT " opposing fan ... you guys are pulling all the tricks out /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

While I did not attend either of these fine institutions, I have followed them pretty closely this year. I firmly believe that Maryville is beatable and that Rhea County has a chance to win this game. Maryville is undersized, and does not seem to have any real superstar players. Yeah. Maryville is beatable.....by the TN Titans and Rhea County has a chance...... a snowball's chance in a furnace! Maryville has been beatable according to every team they have faced this season. Revis is just another in a long line of players, who has towed the party line and spoken out about how his team is going to show Maryville "how football is played"

I have every confidence that both teams will play with class and discipline. I am sure that the Rhea County Fans have their team pumped up to an emotional peak and I am sure that Maryville will appreciate that. The thing that seems to always work in Maryville's favor is that the other team comes on to the field in a frenzy of motivation and emotion. As soon as something goes the wrong way, the heads drop and the beating begins. Maryville on the the other hand has this Spartan like approach to football. Mother's turn their sons over to the lilkes of Winders and Sentell at a young age and the training begins. By the time they hit High School, there is no need for fiery speeches from fans or coaches. These young men can motivate themselves. The Maryville Seniors are special and their is a military style discipline that permeates the group. They are not flashy, they don't need much Ra Ra (though they like to hear the fans) THEY JUST WIN.

By the way, I think during the last outing between these two teams it was Rhea County that resorted to the trick play against the Rebel Reserves to score six of their 18 points.

This will probably be a low scoring game. MHS 35 RCHS 7.

You Rhea Co. guys have been entertaining , I'll give you that . This brand new poster here who Is supposedly a Maryville fan who joined CoachT an hour ago to make his first post under the name maryvilleisgod ..... hmmm , surely there's not people out there gullible enough to believe this ... but good try guys ... between the Knute Rockne speeches , the Claw , Mary-ville , Reflecting on 2006 , and now the oldest trick on CoachT , the newly planted " ARROGANT " opposing fan ... you guys are pulling all the tricks out /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

To be fair, this "maryvilleisgod" person could be anyone - just some random onlooker who has no interest in either Rhea or Maryville. I knew as soon as I read it that it likely wasn't a real Maryville fan (although every fan base does have some idiots, that's just the way it is), because while we have had an interesting week of conversations, I generally do not have any problem with Maryville or their fans. And yes, those of us here in Eagle country do get pretty excited about our football - that's all that these posts have been...enthusiastic at best. Most (knowledgeable) Rhea fans will admit to a man that they have a good bit of respect for Maryville.

Oh well, enough of this for now - I'm just ready for kickoff...this has seriously been the longest week ever.

Boyz eye aint ben two Ray Countee cents tha mid two lait '80's......Eye know thay had jest bilt a knew home side bak then....Lots uv good seets....Me, mommaSTARS, tha Pups, and sevull thousund Mairvul folks will be crossin' tha Watts Bar Dam on Fridee uv tha evenin'.. lookin' fer a good gaim......Hopefully ewe Ray folks will haiv plenty of concesshuns.....momma gits awfull hungree on these long rode trips.....Eye'll haiv two pull Nellie Belle ovur a few times, caws momma will haiv two eat 3 times beefour we git two Eye-75...... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Would you please try to act a little less 'Black'? We are here to talk about football, not to listen to you reminisce your old football playing days. Bottom line: Rhea County is going to beat Maryville. It will be a close game but I know those boys have it in them to take us to the top. We are NOT holding back tomorrow. They have it coming. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Would you please try to act a little less 'Black'? We are here to talk about football, not to listen to you reminisce your old football playing days. Bottom line: Rhea County is going to beat Maryville. It will be a close game but I know those boys have it in them to take us to the top. We are NOT holding back tomorrow. They have it coming. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You joined 12 minutes ago (as of 11:15) to say that? Make this your first & last post.