Smyrna vs. Oakland

SHSBaseballLaz

It's going to be a great game and only one Region 4 team will remain after it. Personally after seeing Riverdale vs. Smyrna a couple of years ago it's to the Bulldogs advantage to lose in the regular season and then come back and win in the playoffs. And Smyrna has allowed all of 2 points so far in the playoffs and if they hadn't lost their mind on that one series and allowed a safety they would have back-to-back shutouts. So give the Bulldogs D so cred. Plus the ground game and the fact they have won 7 of 8 makes me pick the Dawgs. Don't discount Oakland though. Don't do it.

Smyrna 10, Oakland 7

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a great game and only one Region 4 team will remain after it. Personally after seeing Riverdale vs. Smyrna a couple of years ago it's to the Bulldogs advantage to lose in the regular season and then come back and win in the playoffs. And Smyrna has allowed all of 2 points so far in the playoffs and if they hadn't lost their mind on that one series and allowed a safety they would have back-to-back shutouts. So give the Bulldogs D so cred. Plus the ground game and the fact they have won 7 of 8 makes me pick the Dawgs. Don't discount Oakland though. Don't do it.

Smyrna 10, Oakland 7

I think it goes without saying as to how great of a game this shall be. Hard to really tell as to which team is playing better, Oakland isnt dominating on the scoreboard as much, but has experienced a resurgence of sorts these last 2 weeks on offense. I think this game could come down to whoever makes the best adjustments from the 1st time around. With the resurgence of the passing game, a feel a little better about Oakland's chances than I would have felt a couple of weeks ago. Bring your grandaddy's out to this one, because this going to be smashmouth football at it's finest.

Wow, way to get it started early.....I like it.

I've been hoping this was the match up in the 1/4 finals. I'm not sure I will sleep well all week. I wish they could get after it tomorrow. After the battle in the regular season, I bet this thread will be very active.

It should be a VERY PHISICAL FOOTBALL GAME. The 1st game was one of the most physical HS football games I've seen in a long time and I expect this one to be as hard hitting as the last.

I like the Score in the first post and it may be very close to accurate.

OaklandPatriots, you wanted the Champs, You got'em

I think it goes without saying as to how great of a game this shall be. Hard to really tell as to which team is playing better, Oakland isnt dominating on the scoreboard as much, but has experienced a resurgence of sorts these last 2 weeks on offense. I think this game could come down to whoever makes the best adjustments from the 1st time around. With the resurgence of the passing game, a feel a little better about Oakland's chances than I would have felt a couple of weeks ago. Bring your grandaddy's out to this one, because this going to be smashmouth football at it's finest.

You know the funny thing Oaklandpatriot, Smyrna too is developing in the passing game.

They had some very nice pass plays the last few games.

Should be fun.

Wow, way to get it started early.....I like it.

I've been hoping this was the match up in the 1/4 finals. I'm not sure I will sleep well all week. I wish they could get after it tomorrow. After the battle in the regular season, I bet this thread will be very active.

It should be a VERY PHISICAL FOOTBALL GAME. The 1st game was one of the most physical HS football games I've seen in a long time and I expect this one to be as hard hitting as the last.

I like the Score in the first post and it may be very close to accurate.

OaklandPatriots, you wanted the Champs, You got'em

Indeed, none pleases me more than for my boys to have a chance to end the reign of the Bulldogs...............

Maybe Oakland can keep the Bulldog defense on their toes this time by making them respect the pass. I did see where WC's lil back had 126 yards on 17 carries. I will probably sleep well till about thursday night. Come friday morning, ill be ready to explode. For some reason, I think it is going to be around 14-13, 17-14, something like that. I think as much as the defenses grab the headlines, the offenses could have the biggest say of all as both of them have really improved since our first meeting. We could very well be seeing the beginning of a new rivalry in 4-5A, the Dawgs and the Pats.........

You know the funny thing Oaklandpatriot, Smyrna too is developing in the passing game.

They had some very nice pass plays the last few games.

Should be fun.

I know Wilson gets some flack, but I came away kinda impressed in how he operates. I think he and Christian will both be great qb's for their respective programs.

This will be a classic in 5A playoffs. The quarters all across the state will be huge games. Good luck to both teams. I have a personal interest in this game on both sides so I won't pick a winner but say good luck to both teams. Could be a 10-7 game or 7-3. Or it could be 28-24 but with both of these teams D's I would say a low scoring game should be the outcome.

Indeed, none pleases me more than for my boys to have a chance to end the reign of the Bulldogs...............

Maybe Oakland can keep the Bulldog defense on their toes this time by making them respect the pass. I did see where WC's lil back had 126 yards on 17 carries. I will probably sleep well till about thursday night. Come friday morning, ill be ready to explode. For some reason, I think it is going to be around 14-13, 17-14, something like that. I think as much as the defenses grab the headlines, the offenses could have the biggest say of all as both of them have really improved since our first meeting. We could very well be seeing the beginning of a new rivalry in 4-5A, the Dawgs and the Pats.........

I know Wilson gets some flack, but I came away kinda impressed in how he operates. I think he and Christian will both be great qb's for their respective programs.

You may be right about the score. Both offences have improved their offences and they should have a bit more success.

Yea, WC had a few big plays tonight. #20 broke contain a few times for big runs. He also had an 80 yard TD called back for a block in the back. It would have made the score 21-9 (maybe 10 if they went for 2) at the time.

You may be right about the score. Both offences have improved their offences and they should have a bit more.

Yea, WC had a few big plays tonight. #20 broke contain a few times for big runs. He also had an 80 yard TD called back for a block in the back. It would have made the score 21-9 (maybe 10 if they went for 2) at the time.

I thought that play happened in the first half?