JCS vs. Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

Can anyone find out how many yard Gilbert ran at JCS in the regular season this year? I know we gave up a couple of interceptions and two touchdowns by kickoff return.

The killer is that Milan does not have to win just on Gilbert. They have lots of weapons on both sides of the ball. Slow down Gilbert and they can beat you with someone else, and you still go home to play basketball.

Gilbert had 30 yards on 15 carries. For whatever reason, Milan ran a very limited variety of plays the first time against JCS. I expect the playbook to be opened up a bit more this time around.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad that will all end for JCS after this season. I just don't understand leaving D1 and going to play the Harding, Bishop Byrne, and the St. George's of the world. Coach Stewart can spin it all he wants but winning a state championship against those 11-12 teams means nothing more than winning a region championship.

You guys compete well here and the d1 district you were going to be in next year is easier than 8-2A.

Those teams are no slouches. Harding, Briarcrest, and ECS have each had All Americans the last 2-3 years. Briarcrest has two grads slated to be top 15 NFL draft picks this year. The Briarcrest team that USJ blew out had more talent (in terms of college players) than anyone else they played this year. The DII-A division is going to be strong with about twenty teams. JCS, USJ, ECS, Harding, St. George's, FACS, BGA, Davidson, etc, etc. are all about the same level, so things should be very competitive.

Gilbert had 30 yards on 15 carries. For whatever reason, Milan ran a very limited variety of plays the first time against JCS. I expect the playbook to be opened up a bit more this time around.

Milan's offense is fine. They scored 35 last time against JCS and have averaged around 40 every game this year. The playbook is fine. Gilbert is fine. Milan will have to win on defense.

And I'll give Milan the upper hand in special teams /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Milan 28

JCS 27

Milan's offense is fine. They scored 35 last time against JCS and have averaged around 40 every game this year. The playbook is fine. Gilbert is fine. Milan will have to win on defense.

And I'll give Milan the upper hand in special teams /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Milan 28

JCS 27

The offense was only responsible for 21 of those points and were stopped a few times on 4th and short. My point was Milan used very little of their fine playbook. Give JCS credit, as I recall, Milan didn"t stop themselves with turnover's and penalties it was a pretty stout Eagle defense that held them in check.

The defense played well against JCS, especially since they were on the field most of the second half. I think they will do fine this time around as well.

Guest Advisor

Those teams are no slouches. Harding, Briarcrest, and ECS have each had All Americans the last 2-3 years. Briarcrest has two grads slated to be top 15 NFL draft picks this year. The Briarcrest team that USJ blew out had more talent (in terms of college players) than anyone else they played this year. The DII-A division is going to be strong with about twenty teams. JCS, USJ, ECS, Harding, St. George's, FACS, BGA, Davidson, etc, etc. are all about the same level, so things should be very competitive.

Easy there Kum Ba Yah........or however you say that! Every team whether D-I or D-II occasionally has some "big time" studs on their squad! We ALL understand that......PLEASE don't use that to argue your point!! BGA,USJ, and Briarcrest are good.....yes........that is true........Harding Academy.......occasionally.....Davidson Academy......every now and then...........the rest can't play dead in a cowboy movie!! That's right........cream puff city baby!!!! After the season JCS has had, it's an absolute crime to rob future student athletes from the same type playoff atmosphere that these kids are experiencing! However, the choices have been made and you will compete in D-II next season. But please.......NEVER let anyone else you guys say that you "Can't compete with the D-I schools" in the area!! It simply don't hold water!

Good Luck against the Bulldogs!!! Many of us would love to see the Eagles advance to the Semis!!!

Easy there Kum Ba Yah........or however you say that! Every team whether D-I or D-II occasionally has some "big time" studs on their squad! We ALL understand that......PLEASE don't use that to argue your point!! BGA,USJ, and Briarcrest are good.....yes........that is true........Harding Academy.......occasionally.....Davidson Academy......every now and then...........the rest can't play dead in a cowboy movie!! That's right........cream puff city baby!!!! After the season JCS has had, it's an absolute crime to rob future student athletes from the same type playoff atmosphere that these kids are experiencing! However, the choices have been made and you will compete in D-II next season. But please.......NEVER let anyone else you guys say that you "Can't compete with the D-I schools" in the area!! It simply don't hold water!

Good Luck against the Bulldogs!!! Many of us would love to see the Eagles advance to the Semis!!!

I think the main point here, is who would JCS rather play...Milan 20 miles down the road, or some private 150-200 miles away. It will not be as much fun for anyone in the program....but the more I learn about the Z-plan, that is what it's all about. separation of public/private.

Go Cart... Huntingdon will definitely NOT play privates. Many good folks there in the private schools but they have a huge advantage we don't have here in Huntingdon.

We have to play who gets off the bus....

KublahKD.. As I've posted many times here on CoachT privates recruit.. Period... Even if some may not recruit but they get their students form other counties. I didn't know the sisters that are so good for TCA softball are from Decatur County. If Riverside had them don't you think they would be a state contenter? You posted that the schols in DII-A had All Americans on their teams the last several years. Think they started 1st grade there? I would think they were found on the Saturday football afternoon fields in Germanton and Cordova.

JCS and USJ will do well in the new classification but get used to playing schools with the best facilities,coaches and put in just as much money as ya'll do. I'm sure Briarcrest evens gets a couple of athletes from Mississippi.

Think how many championships Milan would have if they didn't have to face the privates in years past. 3 maybe 4??

This is a Milan-JCS thread so I'll close with this.......

GOOOOOOOOOO Dawgs.......

These were my thoughts EXACTLY! Milan, Huntingdon, Humboldt, Westview....all the PUBLIC schools in West TN, and across the state for that matter take the kids they have and make them athletes.

Schools like USJ, JCS, and even Alcoa being in an 'open' district, get the athletes and make them great. I wonder if teams like Maryland, and Alcoa had strict district rules like we do in West TN if they would be so dominate? But who knows because they do have the open zones. (I know this will be taken as a Milan fan making an "excuse" but I'm not. I'm simply stating my opinion.) I in no way mean to take ANYTHING from Alcoa because they are an excellent team with excellent coaches. However, I think these coaches that work in the public, strict zone districts deserve more credit because they work with what they have and make it something great. We go through 're-building' years. We can see that Alcoa isn't rebuilding anything and probably won't for a while. Now who really thinks that's fair???

But anyway....Milan will miss playing JCS. JCS and USJ show them different plays from the other teams in the area because of the more dominate pass play, and need of pass protection. Guess we'll go back to the good ol' days where everyone is buildt basically the same and may the best man win....or the one with the less blood that week! LoL

GO DAWGS!

We've been somewhat of a jekyl and hyde team this year and in the playoffs the last several years. The seniors and captains need to get the rest of the team focused and on track this week or this year will end like the last 8. I, like BPF think Morris might open up the playbook. Tristian and JW didn't play offense last time which really limited our play calling. Since that game JW has gotten more touches. With the way JCS stacked the box last time I think Morris and Jackson will get a little creative with their playcalling and get it out to the speed guys. I'm also curious what kind of game play Morris and Holden will draw up for the defensive backfield. Too much speed and talent back there to give up the yards we did the first time around.

Go Cart... Huntingdon will definitely NOT play privates. Many good folks there in the private schools but they have a huge advantage we don't have here in Huntingdon.

KublahKD.. As I've posted many times here on CoachT privates recruit.. Period... Even if some may not recruit but they get their students form other counties. I didn't know the sisters that are so good for TCA softball are from Decatur County. If Riverside had them don't you think they would be a state contenter? You posted that the schols in DII-A had All Americans on their teams the last several years. Think they started 1st grade there? I would think they were found on the Saturday football afternoon fields in Germanton and Cordova.

JCS and USJ will do well in the new classification but get used to playing schools with the best facilities,coaches and put in just as much money as ya'll do. I'm sure Briarcrest evens gets a couple of athletes from Mississippi.

Think how many championships Milan would have if they didn't have to face the privates in years past. 3 maybe 4??

This is a Milan-JCS thread so I'll close with this.......

GOOOOOOOOOO Dawgs.......

this is ignorant... have you looked at some of the other talent trinity has in softball... with or without the renfroe girls riverside wouldnt have came close to doing what trinity has

this is ignorant... have you looked at some of the other talent trinity has in softball... with or without the renfroe girls riverside wouldnt have came close to doing what trinity has

I think what he is trying to point out is that without the Renfroe girls Trinity would also not have been as sucessful as in the past.

Also, someone just pointed out that three out of the four teams in the bottom half of the 2A bracket are private schools. Yes, there are advantages for the privates. Now I will set back and eat my popcorn........ /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Guest nwtnsports

Guys, if you want to talk public/private, move to that forum.

Back to this game. Cody Jones threw for 379 yards, 3 TD and 2 INT against Milan in week seven.

Give your thoughts about the Bulldog pass defense and this week's game plan.