Henry County and Melrose

Red Dawn

Henry Co. opponents are alos averaging about 4 wins a year. We could take the numbers all day and skew them to make our point. Bottom line is that this is the best offense that Melrose will see, and this is the best defense that Henry Co. will see to this point. In about 12 hours we will know which one is better. I want all West Tn. teams to win, but my opinion, which doesn't mean that much, is that Melrose will win a close game. Please Henry Co. fans, don't take that as me bashing your team. That is my objective opinion. If you win, I will be the 1st one to say congrats.

Fair enough huf. There is nothing wrong with one's objective opinion. But remember many Big Red fans remember each year just how tough the Melrose D is and how our powerful offense has racked up points on their "unscoreable" defense. In the last couple of years their D had allowed something like an average of 3 or 4 points a game. We have consistently put up the most points scored on them during the year by double or triple. This year will be no different in my opinion. It all depends on the success of our Defense against their passing game - which is very potent. The Big Red Machine will put points on the board. But how few points can our D hold the Melrose offense. Like you said, in about 10-12 hours we will know the answer...

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to pull for Henry Co. even though I live a pretty good little distance from there. I went and watched them against Brighton earlier this year and they are a VERY awesome team. Probably one of the best I've seen in the past couple of years! I honestly think that they're better than all mighty team of Maryville. I saw Maryville last year, and I honestly believe this years Henry Co. team is better than last years Maryville team. Trader, have you seen Henry Co. any this year? Three D1 players in the backfield... one is a Jr. and of course the other 2 are Teague and Allen. I just think with it being Melrose, they'll get some points on Henry Co., but Henry Co.'s Offense IS unstoppable!!!!

I share your enthusiasm, but NO TEAM is unstoppable.

Henry Co. opponents are alos averaging about 4 wins a year. We could take the numbers all day and skew them to make our point. Bottom line is that this is the best offense that Melrose will see, and this is the best defense that Henry Co. will see to this point. In about 12 hours we will know which one is better. I want all West Tn. teams to win, but my opinion, which doesn't mean that much, is that Melrose will win a close game. Please Henry Co. fans, don't take that as me bashing your team. That is my objective opinion. If you win, I will be the 1st one to say congrats.

I agree with your post except for the outcome of the game.

There is no thread that cares what he has to say. Oh wait, The Inner Circle Jerk needs him to be pivot man! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

For the last time, rebelrebelman said you can NOT join. Just give it up, please!! Melrose by 2 touchdowns!!!!!!! Go Melrose, ummmmm, whatever you all are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For the last time, rebelrebelman said you can NOT join. Just give it up, please!! Melrose by 2 touchdowns!!!!!!! Go Melrose, ummmmm, whatever you all are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The greatest thing about these boards is that all of us on here thankfully play no role in the outcome of this game. We all just have our opinions and biases, thats it. With that said, Henry County fans....we have no reason to believe, based on what the Pats have done every game so far, that they wont win this one too. At this point in the season anyone can have a subpar game and lose, but if they will stay consistent then the odds are in our favor....stay positive and believe.

The players want this game just as bad as us fans, probably more....they have big goals in mind so they will be fine!!!!

Everybody ... have a safe trip to and from Paris, or from where ever you may travel from. I hope the game is injury free.

Go Melrose!

Orange Mound and my Golden Wildcats are anxiously awaiting this contest. Melrose is the big time underdog in this contest and the reasons are not hard to identify. Henry County is bringing an undefeated football team with an enormous amount of talent to da "Orange Bowl". They have dominated everybody who stepped on the gridiron with them this year. 21 points is the closest anyone has come to Henry County all year. Impressive!

However, none of that means anything tonight. Melrose has been a staple in the Tennessee football playoffs for many years. The Golden Wildcats are always competitive. I find it very difficult to see things different tonight.

It was refreshing to see a number of posts in this thread really look at facts when evaluating tonight's contest. Melrose and Orange Mound will show up tonight and be ready to play.

There are very few high school football teams joined at the hip with their community like Melrose and Orange Mound. The atmosphere will surely be off the chain in the stadium.

To my friends from Paris, come on to the Mound, enjoy great food, a rocking atmosphere, and some super high school football.

Orange Mound and my Golden Wildcats are anxiously awaiting this contest. Melrose is the big time underdog in this contest and the reasons are not hard to identify. Henry County is bringing an undefeated football team with an enormous amount of talent to da "Orange Bowl". They have dominated everybody who stepped on the gridiron with them this year. 21 points is the closest anyone has come to Henry County all year. Impressive!

However, none of that means anything tonight. Melrose has been a staple in the Tennessee football playoffs for many years. The Golden Wildcats are always competitive. I find it very difficult to see things different tonight.

It was refreshing to see a number of posts in this thread really look at facts when evaluating tonight's contest. Melrose and Orange Mound will show up tonight and be ready to play.

There are very few high school football teams joined at the hip with their community like Melrose and Orange Mound. The atmosphere will surely be off the chain in the stadium.

To my friends from Paris, come on to the Mound, enjoy great food, a rocking atmosphere, and some super high school football.

Is Eric Watson playing for Melrose tonight?

UGHHHHH! i can't take it ANYMORE! let's get on the bus and GO!

BIG RED: come out firing on all cylinders, hit hard, intercept passes, and kick some butt!!!

NATION: i know we're taking at least 3 buses. i hope the faithful make the long trip to memphis, the guys really REALLY need our support from here on out!

ROLL RED ROLL!!!