Henry County and Melrose

Red Dawn

Orange Mound and my Golden Wildcats are anxiously awaiting this contest. Melrose is the big time underdog in this contest and the reasons are not hard to identify. Henry County is bringing an undefeated football team with an enormous amount of talent to da "Orange Bowl". They have dominated everybody who stepped on the gridiron with them this year. 21 points is the closest anyone has come to Henry County all year. Impressive!

However, none of that means anything tonight. Melrose has been a staple in the Tennessee football playoffs for many years. The Golden Wildcats are always competitive. I find it very difficult to see things different tonight.

It was refreshing to see a number of posts in this thread really look at facts when evaluating tonight's contest. Melrose and Orange Mound will show up tonight and be ready to play.

There are very few high school football teams joined at the hip with their community like Melrose and Orange Mound. The atmosphere will surely be off the chain in the stadium.

To my friends from Paris, come on to the Mound, enjoy great food, a rocking atmosphere, and some super high school football.

Well said, and right on target. I can't wait for the atmosphere, the food, and the game.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orange Mound and my Golden Wildcats are anxiously awaiting this contest. Melrose is the big time underdog in this contest and the reasons are not hard to identify. Henry County is bringing an undefeated football team with an enormous amount of talent to da "Orange Bowl". They have dominated everybody who stepped on the gridiron with them this year. 21 points is the closest anyone has come to Henry County all year. Impressive!

However, none of that means anything tonight. Melrose has been a staple in the Tennessee football playoffs for many years. The Golden Wildcats are always competitive. I find it very difficult to see things different tonight.

It was refreshing to see a number of posts in this thread really look at facts when evaluating tonight's contest. Melrose and Orange Mound will show up tonight and be ready to play.

There are very few high school football teams joined at the hip with their community like Melrose and Orange Mound. The atmosphere will surely be off the chain in the stadium.

To my friends from Paris, come on to the Mound, enjoy great food, a rocking atmosphere, and some super high school football.

Well well well ... if it isn't my brotha from a different motha! ... OMW ... it is good to see your name pop up on the computer screen. I know you have your hands full in Texas and all of that. How's your son's first year of playing football at Purdue going? He getting use to the cold weather up there yet? I know your brothers here in Memphis have been keeping you well informed on the goings on with your old school, just like I know you will be blowing up their cell phones during the game. I still have your cell number and I will probably call you during half time or something like that. My eldest son and I will be at the game tonight. You and I have some catching up to do ... and don't get me started about Whitehaven ... ugh! LOL ... I'm over it now though. I'll hit you in your email.

Again ... good to see you my man!

Oh yeah ... Go Melrose!

Well well well ... if it isn't my brotha from a different motha! ... OMW ... it is good to see your name pop up on the computer screen. I know you have your hands full in Texas and all of that. How's your son's first year of playing football at Purdue going? He getting use to the cold weather up there yet? I know your brothers here in Memphis have been keeping you well informed on the goings on with your old school, just like I know you will be blowing up their cell phones during the game. I still have your cell number and I will probably call you during half time or something like that. My eldest son and I will be at the game tonight. You and I have some catching up to do ... and don't get me started about Whitehaven ... ugh! LOL ... I'm over it now though. I'll hit you in your email.

Again ... good to see you my man!

Oh yeah ... Go Melrose!

Always Good KDub. Call me when you get a moment. I understand the sting from the Whitehaven playoff loss. The tough ones always leave a scar. Everybody is well. My son like's Purdue and has gained 20 pounds. I will email you and give you all the 411. Looking forward to tonight's game. You know I will be blowing up phones at the stadium.