Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the "rage" is trying to start something, I think you will find very little validity to what has been said. I would like to hear from the other region 5-3a teams.

vandy1 knows that I am not a DL fan but I do respect what they do.....but let's be honest....in all of my years we have played them and "lost"....we did not have any problem with them and I think they have a great team just like Giles Co.

If you keep this up "rage"....the DL folks might have to bring back Bombsquad on here.

Dog, I brought up something that was mentioned on another thread and was an issue in the previous game bewtween these two. You need not believe me, check the spring hill thread, Vandy1 knows about it. he discussed it there. You mentioned you played them and lost, is it possible their attitude might be a bit different if you, dare I say it.....won. Perspective can and does have an effect on character. I'll leave it at that.

And another thing! I like most all GC fans players and coaches have the highest respect for the DL football team. We have seen them at their best numerous times. I certainly expect we will see both teams at there best friday night.

I must step in here and comment about the false things being mentioned here. When I played at DL in my three years on varsity one person got a personal foul in three years. I know that Coach Mac's standards and program has not changed. IF someone does take a personal foul penalty then the whole team pays. Lipscomb is not a dirty team I have talked to coaches across the state and they do not believe that Lipscomb is dirty. Those statements are unwarranted. Also we do not need you to comment on Coach Mac taking responsibility for Rogers injury. He did so and his words need to be left at that . Also we do not need you to say that Rogers was not prepared for that situation. You are not at Practice and do not know who practices what. Therefore you cannot make an educated statement there. Also we do not need to to hear you talk about if Coach Mac does not have the needed answers then we will lose. Coach Mac has had the answers every time Lipscomb has played you and though it will be a hard fought battle Lipscomb and Coach Mac answers will prevail. Coach Mac runs the same stuff he always run and nobody this year has been able to stop it yet. Also I would be afraid if the bomb squad comes to town. If the bombsquad does show up then it will be unlike anything ever seen on the Coacht message boards. Lipscomb wins friday, I do not know by how much but they will and Coach Mac will have the answers.

Could someone help me understand as to why, numerous individuals can make claims about a five foot one hundred forty pound kid that are no where near true, but when one quotes your own coaches words about a play, everybody looses it? I certianly hope the whole team plays as hard as he does friday night. I also hope DL plays as hard as they can friday, we wouldn,t want to win any other way.

I must step in here and comment about the false things being mentioned here. When I played at DL in my three years on varsity one person got a personal foul in three years. I know that Coach Mac's standards and program has not changed. IF someone does take a personal foul penalty then the whole team pays. Lipscomb is not a dirty team I have talked to coaches across the state and they do not believe that Lipscomb is dirty. Those statements are unwarranted. Also we do not need you to comment on Coach Mac taking responsibility for Rogers injury. He did so and his words need to be left at that . Also we do not need you to say that Rogers was not prepared for that situation. You are not at Practice and do not know who practices what. Therefore you cannot make an educated statement there. Also we do not need to to hear you talk about if Coach Mac does not have the needed answers then we will lose. Coach Mac has had the answers every time Lipscomb has played you and though it will be a hard fought battle Lipscomb and Coach Mac answers will prevail. Coach Mac runs the same stuff he always run and nobody this year has been able to stop it yet. Also I would be afraid if the bomb squad comes to town. If the bombsquad does show up then it will be unlike anything ever seen on the Coacht message boards. Lipscomb wins friday, I do not know by how much but they will and Coach Mac will have the answers.

Not trying to be smart but that was then this is now. When a player is trying to get up off the ground and someone from the other team pushes him back down I would call that dirty-especially when it happened right in front of an official and no call was made-makes you wonder doesn't it? Unless you are a coach, you are no longer on the team so you don't know what goes on now, do you? So it seems you can not make an educated statement either. You are doing the same thing you are trying to reprimand someone else for doing, making statements that you can not be sure of.

I also believe it was said that was a position that Rogers does not normally play.

Your point is well taken. I am certainly not a coach let me assure you of that. However I can make an educated guess on a few things. Number one Coach Mac and his principles have not changed. If any of his players step out of line he addresses and that is not what de demands and respects. Teams in my opinion that play dirty are ones that are coached to do so. Maybe we have different definitions of dirty conflicting here. Also they run the same kick off return they ran when I was there and I know what it requires. I am going to let Coach Mac' words stand alone on that situation. I feel as though it is a little harsh to call an entire team dirty based on one play in one game. So yes you are right in many ways I did the same thing I was calling someone else on but I think there is some validity to what I am saying and I have some credibilility. Things in the Lipscomb football program do not change much. Again you called my contradiction and I accept your statements. Go mustangs Victory with Honor. By the way I would love to hear some of the bomb squad come out at the end of the post season.

To begin with go back and view the threads with sping hill as well as the one on the first GC game. You know your not the only one to watch the game. They had issues in both games and certianly in the GC game should have been called for at least two more. Could you please document the 12 calls against lipscomb, I am curious to your claim. I know several people whom have played against them over the years and they have stated they are one of the dirtiest teams to take the field.

Don't bring SH into this. That thread was 1-2 posters who are frustrated x-players who are tired of seeing SH losing because they used to win alot.

The Majority of SH fans/current players respect DL for what they do and how they do it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your point is well taken. I am certainly not a coach let me assure you of that. However I can make an educated guess on a few things. Number one Coach Mac and his principles have not changed. If any of his players step out of line he addresses and that is not what de demands and respects. Teams in my opinion that play dirty are ones that are coached to do so. Maybe we have different definitions of dirty conflicting here. Also they run the same kick off return they ran when I was there and I know what it requires. I am going to let Coach Mac' words stand alone on that situation. I feel as though it is a little harsh to call an entire team dirty based on one play in one game. So yes you are right in many ways I did the same thing I was calling someone else on but I think there is some validity to what I am saying and I have some credibilility. Things in the Lipscomb football program do not change much. Again you called my contradiction and I accept your statements. Go mustangs Victory with Honor. By the way I would love to hear some of the bomb squad come out at the end of the post season.

Thank you for being gracious with your reply. I figured I would get a slam back.

I just think getting in those little extras after a tackle are really unnecessary. I do not think Lipscomb is a dirty team, I do think they are very well coached and a very good team. I think they just got a little frustrated that October night because they could not just run over GC like they had been running over all the other teams.

I am looking forward to another great game Friday night

GC controlled the clock and kept Lipscombs offense off the field. When they were on the field GC had a difficult time stopping them especially in the air. So you dont think they through the ball at will. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> maybe we were watching a different game. What I meant by weakness of the offense is not that Bo cant throw the football, heck he can throw it 70 yards, its our ability to run after catch. We just dont have the speed to break the big one when a game like this is usually won by 1 or 2 big plays.

I was at the game,were you watching or maybe you stopped at Franklin by mistake.DL scored 4 tds,

how many times did they score on the ground and who was carrying the ball?Yeah,thats what I thought,

Are you a GC reciever??answer one ???????????for me bud.Tell me who you think can out run Rogers and

the DL secondary.As for the other GC games I think we had plenty of speed.Stick to the volley ball threads,

you may know something about that. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />