Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

That is certainly one definition of poor. There are others. Unfortunately, you are too bitter and narrow minded to look outside of your own pity party to see any others.

So, let's try this definition on for size: pathetic - blaming everyone else for your troubles, accusing entire types of schools of being UNchristian either because you are either jealous or perhaps you were once wronged by them - sure it could happen, they are filled with humans - and bitter because your boys lost. In other words, look in the mirror. You know you should check out your son's teeth grinding, I'm sure it's someone else's fault. Probably a student or teacher at the nearest Christian school. Go volunteer in a children's hospital or homeless shelter - I'm sure you have one of those since you have SO many poor people in your area.

Oh, and here's a quote for you: "Well, lah-di-freakin'-dah" Chris Farley. If you don't understand that, come back and I'll explain it.

In defense of ahapplet your definition fits her in no way, shape or form. Ahapplet is none of the things you described she is actually a very kind and caring person who happens to have strong opinions. Theses two poster got into a simular discussion on another thread. You sound pretty bitter yourself alot of unkind words that are really unnecessary.

Ya our boys lost but DL knew not once but twice that they played a team that is as good as they are. Next year in the playoffs when we see them again it won't be GC going home.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question to anyone who might know, I was told last night that Giles County tried to schedule a game with Lipscomb for next year but they wouldn't do it, WHY? We are willing why aren't they?

I couldn't plainly see if GC got the interception or not but after the game I did hear the comment "It's bad when your cheated by a christian school" and it was NOT from a GC fan!

I am difinitly not a DL fan but they are a class act and their coaches probably prefer to play teams that show equal class.

By the way do you feel that? shake, shake,shake..................shake,shake,shake That should refresh all of Giles Co about what I am saying about class.

That is certainly one definition of poor. There are others. Unfortunately, you are too bitter and narrow minded to look outside of your own pity party to see any others.

So, let's try this definition on for size: pathetic - blaming everyone else for your troubles, accusing entire types of schools of being UNchristian either because you are either jealous or perhaps you were once wronged by them - sure it could happen, they are filled with humans - and bitter because your boys lost. In other words, look in the mirror. You know you should check out your son's teeth grinding, I'm sure it's someone else's fault. Probably a student or teacher at the nearest Christian school. Go volunteer in a children's hospital or homeless shelter - I'm sure you have one of those since you have SO many poor people in your area.

Oh, and here's a quote for you: "Well, lah-di-freakin'-dah" Chris Farley. If you don't understand that, come back and I'll explain it.

Ok now you have gone too far. I don't want a little pint sized (all over) piece of dog mess to think about my son. It really gives me a creepy feeling if you know what I mean. I don't think private schools are Christian and you can handle it. or cry or scream, or cuss or do whatever it is a little bully like you does when someone disagrees with him. You can't call yourself Christian and not let ALL children in. You are poor; poor in spirit, and poor in mind. I know your daddy had to pay big to get you into any private school. if you are an example of what private Christain schools produce, we are in big trouble. I know there are good Christain people who live up to the name of Christian in Christain school. However, I don't think it's good for institutions (besides churches) to banter the word Christian around too freely. Churches have a hard enough time living up to the name. Answer this, but I know you can't because no one has been able to so far......HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF CHRISTIAN IF YOU DO NOT LET THE CHILDREN IN WHO CAN NOT AFFORD THE TUITION. And it's dangerous too, because sometimes these school turn out creeps like you. I am a little bitter because the Bobcats lost, however, but I'm getting over it. We played with more heart and courage than you will ever know anything about. We don't have a private school in our area....it closed because of lack of interest.

I will presume, because it is obvious I live in the real world and you have no idea. You told me a nice story about one family and they seem to be admirable and I certainly do respect what they have been able to accomplish in their lives. We have many such stories and worst. We have boys that work after school with no time for anyone to help them catch up. How many students do you have with learning problems? How many minorities do you have? Why don't you have more? I all ready know it is a low number. How many children do you have who would qualify for free lunch under TN's guidelines? Give me the number and I'll leave you alone. Why don't you use your time and resources to help make all schools better places for all children? It is my business as a Christian and someone who cares about all kinds of children. I'm preaching buddy, and if you don't like it, don't read it and don't respond.

Dude to claim yourself to be a Christian your attitude stinks. To be making such a big deal over private schools versus public is rediculous. Get a life man. Let me put it in more simplistic terms there are no "rich boys" or "poor boys" Everyone is dealt a different hand but one thing never changes and that is we are all children and equal in the eyes of God.

I do not mean to be smart elic in this post I get fired up about my team as well but if you are a Christian as you claim to be and I have no reason to doubt you then shouldn't we behave like one?

In defense of ahapplet your definition fits her in no way, shape or form. Ahapplet is none of the things you described she is actually a very kind and caring person who happens to have strong opinions. Theses two poster got into a simular discussion on another thread. You sound pretty bitter yourself alot of unkind words that are really unnecessary.

Ya our boys lost but DL knew not once but twice that they played a team that is as good as they are. Next year in the playoffs when we see them again it won't be GC going home.

Thanks so much for this nice post. I just posted some unkind words back, but it really made me mad when they mentioned my son.

I will presume, because it is obvious I live in the real world and you have no idea. You told me a nice story about one family and they seem to be admirable and I certainly do respect what they have been able to accomplish in their lives. We have many such stories and worst. We have boys that work after school with no time for anyone to help them catch up. How many students do you have with learning problems? How many minorities do you have? Why don't you have more? I all ready know it is a low number. How many children do you have who would qualify for free lunch under TN's guidelines? Give me the number and I'll leave you alone. Why don't you use your time and resources to help make all schools better places for all children? It is my business as a Christian and someone who cares about all kinds of children. I'm preaching buddy, and if you don't like it, don't read it and don't respond.

You live in the real world? maybe, if your real world is coacht.com. no one who lives on a computer and has 99 posts can ever say they live in "the real world". and you and all the other GC fans need to stop coming up with excuses for getting beat the other night. the game is over and no one can go back in time in this "real world" you keep talkin about. please respond i know you will.

Dude to claim yourself to be a Christian your attitude stinks. To be making such a big deal over private schools versus public is rediculous. Get a life man. Let me put it in more simplistic terms there are no "rich boys" or "poor boys" Everyone is dealt a different hand but one thing never changes and that is we are all children and equal in the eyes of God.

I do not mean to be smart elic in this post I get fired up about my team as well but if you are a Christian as you claim to be and I have no reason to doubt you then shouldn't we behave like one?

Cowboy (good name), I have an opinion and I stated it. The church I attend does not have private schools for children for the reasons that I have stated in several posts. Having an opinion that differs from yours does not necessarily mean I have a "stinking attitude". Thank goodness we are are equal in the eyes of God and basically I was just saying that most (not all) of the children of David Lipscomb have been dealt a better hand than many of the students who attend public schools. I mentioned this on this football thread because I think it is relevant and there are others who share my opinion. But on boy did I rattle some cages! I would shut-up and get off this thread, except the rattled cages keep answering me personally and my Mother taught me to always respond in a timely manner to a personal note or letter. Sometimes, Christian people have opinions, Cowboy. Now you seem like a nice person and I will admit I just answered another poster in a very non-Christian way. I did not turn the other check, but he mentioned my son and sometimes a mama Bobcat will roar. Good wishes to you Cowboy.

I was gonna be done posting, but after reading this garbage, I just had to respond once more, and not in my usual sarcastic tone. Giles County had a great team! They executed great, they played hard, they probably should have won. Bottom line is they didn't, not because of officiating, not because they are a poor public school, but because Lipscomb had some luck and some guts also. Ahapplet, I'm not sure if your even serious about the bs that you post, but you can't be serious that money had anything to do with Friday's game. Maybe Lipscomb has some advantages, maybe not, but whatever advantages they have, sure didn't show for the first 46 and a half minutes of the game. Giles County had every opportunity to win that game. You can get on here and say what you want about Lipscomb, but there are good and bad people that are both rich and poor. And just like being poor doesn't make you a bad person, neither does having money make you a bad person either. As I have said many times, you can't legislate fairness. Get rid of the privates and someone else will have an advantage, it could be open zone schools, or schools that put more money into their athletic budget, or just schools that have better athletes, or get lucky and hire a better coach. As nicely as I can say it, I hope you move on in life and don't dwell on this too long. No one at Lipscomb has made your life bad.

Great serious post edward. This seems to be much "ado about nothing". (Eventhough I was educated at a Tennessee public school, I did learn a little about Shakespeare.) In many years of watching Lipscomb football, they have had very few linemen the size I saw all across this year's Giles County line. Did this give Giles an unfair advantage? No, it is just the way things were. The Giles coaches did a great job of using their line to their advantage. I am sure Lipscomb would like to have some of that Pulaski size when they line up against Mitchell's 300 lb+ linemen Friday night.

Giles played 2 great games against Lipscomb. Either game could have gone to them. The Bobcats should be back in the hunt in 2009.

You live in the real world? maybe, if your real world is coacht.com. no one who lives on a computer and has 99 posts can ever say they live in "the real world". and you and all the other GC fans need to stop coming up with excuses for getting beat the other night. the game is over and no one can go back in time in this "real world" you keep talkin about. please respond i know you will.

You have no idea how fast I read and type. Really fast. Today I have taught Sunday school, been to church, cleaned the house, washed two loads of clothes, (and put them up), visited my Mother, and walked the dog. I even had time for a nap. I could help you learn to read and write faster if you wanted me to. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. It's fun to rattle a few cages and watch the mice run out. Thanks for the fun times, now go clean the pool.

i have sat back and read a lot of comments about how christian schools dont let EVERY kid in... here is an answer for you. how about the fact that our government does not allow the studying of the Bible in public schools. therefore the only way to have this ability would be a private school. such as lipscomb. therefore meaning private christian schools must charge tuition to fund money for the school since the government does not. yes this leaves people out who are not willing or are not able to pay the tuition for their child to attend the christian schools. i agree that it is sad that not every christian kid can not attend a school where they can study the word of God everyday openly with other students.

I was gonna be done posting, but after reading this garbage, I just had to respond once more, and not in my usual sarcastic tone. Giles County had a great team! They executed great, they played hard, they probably should have won. Bottom line is they didn't, not because of officiating, not because they are a poor public school, but because Lipscomb had some luck and some guts also. Ahapplet, I'm not sure if your even serious about the bs that you post, but you can't be serious that money had anything to do with Friday's game. Maybe Lipscomb has some advantages, maybe not, but whatever advantages they have, sure didn't show for the first 46 and a half minutes of the game. Giles County had every opportunity to win that game. You can get on here and say what you want about Lipscomb, but there are good and bad people that are both rich and poor. And just like being poor doesn't make you a bad person, neither does having money make you a bad person either. As I have said many times, you can't legislate fairness. Get rid of the privates and someone else will have an advantage, it could be open zone schools, or schools that put more money into their athletic budget, or just schools that have better athletes, or get lucky and hire a better coach. As nicely as I can say it, I hope you move on in life and don't dwell on this too long. No one at Lipscomb has made your life bad.

Hey Ed, I have missed you and it's nice to hear from you again. It's great that you are writing a serious post, but I enjoyed your others as well. It's not that I don't think there are Christian people at DL at all. I know many kind generous people are affilated with this school. I think it is wrong for institutions that don't allow all children to refer to themselves as Christian and this is only my opinion. I have thought about it a lot and not one person who has written to me has been able to give me a valid reason why this opinion is wrong. I have been attacked personally for my opinion. I talked about it at Sunday School today and my class seemed to understand what I was saying. The advantage that private schools have is that they can choose who is allowed to attend and this is an advantage that translates to the football field. You admitted yourself that DL could have some advantages and yes the Bobcats certainly seemed to be able to overcome them. Remember, though, you did beat lots of other public schools this year. I don't want to "get rid" of the privates, all though I think it would be great if we could all work together to make all schools great for all children. I hope we keep playing DL (but I heard today we can't get a game with you next year). It is a very important part of my life to have opinions and I have enjoyed discussing this issue with the nice people who have replied to me. I still wish someone would answer my question. Your friend, ahapplet.