Gibson Co. @ Henry Co.

GCPioneer

Tuesday night is the first game for the Lady Pioneers. We travel down to Paris to take on the Henry Co. Patriots. Henry Co. lost 3 Seniors off of last years 17-13 team. Gibson Co. lost 1 key Senior off of last year's team in Jennilee Pate, but she is replaced by a better player in Aubrey Reedy. We return back alot of players off of last years state tournament team as well as some great Freshman girls. How will GC do Tuesday night in Paris? I'll take GC by 20+ and everyone on the bench will get to play!

Tuesday starts our road back to Murfreesboro!!!!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not familiar with either team but I did get a chance to see a couple of girls from Henry County play at the Top 100 basketball camp this summer. Jasmine (Sr) and Tianna (So) Porter. Both are very good players. Tianna is one heck of a post player. Good luck to these ladies. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I don't think we'll have much trouble with them. We just scrimmaged Lausanne out of Memphis that features a PG that is committed to Tennessee and they also have a girl headed to SEMO and was told we blew Lausanne out of the water. We also scrimmaged Bartlett who features Jasmine James and she will be heading to the Univ. Of Georgia next year and we beat them by 11-12 points. I'm sure those 2 girls are good, but we have some mighty fine players that allow our team to go 8-9 players deep here at Gibson Co.

You are mistaken about beating Bartlett Bro! GC won 2 quarters and BHS won 2 quarters and we tied the fifth quarter. Bartlett easily had the quarter with the biggest margin of victory (15-4) which was the fourth quarter. Also, Briana Walker did not play the first quarter at all and entered mid-way through the second quarter. Briana missed practice two days prior to the scrimmage (personal reasons) so was not allowed to play the first part of the game.

GC ??“ won first quarter (no Briana Walker)

BHS ??“ won second quarter (1/2 quarter with Bri)

GC ??“ third quarter which included heavy freshmen rotation (for both teams)

BHS ??“ played their first team the whole quarter (15 -4)

Both ??“ 5th quarter was a tie 9 to 9

GC ??“ won the JV 2 quarters matchup.(maybe that is where you are getting your point spread??????)

Regardless??™ of all the above: IT??™S A SCRIMMAGE??¦??¦ Bartlett did not press, run n jump, half court trap, push the break etc etc. Bartlett just worked on their half court sets.

Don??™t let a scrimmage fool you GC. A real game would include the real team and the entire package.

NOW with that said: GC is an extremely impressive team and WELL coached. I love their hi/lo and the double screen offense they run for their shooting guard. They are going to be an excellent team this year and I would pick them to win the AA based on what I saw last year at the state tournament. Good luck this season.

hey dont worryDUKnowDaGame it will be Bartlett and Millington again up in the Boro....

I??™m with you MillingtonFan2007??¦. 14AAA will definitely represent??¦.. We both plan on making the trip back to the glass house??¦.

My previous post was to just let GCP know to not hang his hat on a scrimmage which included 5 freshmen who were trying out for the varsity team??¦..

I don't think we'll have much trouble with them. We just scrimmaged Lausanne out of Memphis that features a PG that is committed to Tennessee and they also have a girl headed to SEMO and was told we blew Lausanne out of the water. We also scrimmaged Bartlett who features Jasmine James and she will be heading to the Univ. Of Georgia next year and we beat them by 11-12 points. I'm sure those 2 girls are good, but we have some mighty fine players that allow our team to go 8-9 players deep here at Gibson Co.

The Lausanne scimmages were held without their top senior, Monica Miller. She was visitng SEMO whcih she subsequently committed to. I would have to agree with DU on this one, Gibson County very impressive and put together well for this early in the year, vs a Lausanne team without their senior leader playing their first scrimmage. Lausanne did not press or show their whole package either. Taking nothing away from GC, but don't go overboard quite yet. You have a great coach and some hard working girls and I'm sure you will have a successful season.

WOW!!! Gibson County is the real deal. This could very well be the best team in all of West Tennessee. If I'm not mistaken, according to Coach Lassiter on the radio, they hit 17 three pointers with a ton of those coming from deep behind the 3 point line. I don't think Henry County has a team in their district who can play with Gibson. At times tonight I though HC looked pretty good especially when they got the ball in the hands of the big kid. The press seemed to bother them but I think the coaches will get that taken care of in practice. I don't post much, but I was very impressed with the Gibson County kids. It could be a very special year down there for the Pioneers. Good luck on a successful season.

Come on Lady Patriots. Let's get back to work and be ready for Jackson on Thursday night. I still think we have a good basketball team......we just played a GREAT basketball team tonight.

There were several big read faithful at the game tonight, especially for the girls game. Looked kind of thin when the boys game began. Come out Thursday night at watch these kids. Get your vocal chords warmed up for the football game on Friday night. ROLL RED ROLL!!!!!!!