Livingston Academy vs. Clarksville NE (Friday)

Overton County Fan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to LA I was told today at the tech game by someone who's watched a lot of LA basketball the past 3o years that this is the best team ever and a former player questioned the coment but didn't disagree. I believe the wildcats have the chemistry to get it done and I plan on visiting to see them play when JC don't have a big game. Good luck but slack up when we come to visit. Now see if the teenessean reconizes the upper cumberland in men's BB Bigdaddy pass the popcorn.

81-82 starters might have been as good as these but could not compare with this team's depth. They got beat in state semis in a very close game by the eventual champs Memphis East. Let's hope this bunch can go all the way!

He would have made a difference. Wish he would have been there. Oh well. Enough of wishing, and talking about it. Score was 42-35 at half. Anderson fouled out. And largest lead was 15. CPA got within 9 in the 4th.

Might get to see these two teams play again at full strength if they get the right draw. I expect both of these teams to return to the Burro without much of a problem. Tonight's game was great, but sadly I don't think it tells that much about either team under the circumstances of being so early in the season and CPA missing their best player. Congrats to LA on the win and hope to see you in March!

Couldn't make the game. Can you give a short detailed report?

What was halftime score?

Did any CPA starters get in foul trouble?

What was the biggest lead?

What was the closest CPA got in the 4th?

Expect to see both LA and CPA in Murfreesboro in March, but Mr. Basketball candidate not in game made a huge difference.

Good luck to LA the rest of the year.

LA may have won, but the measuring stick may favor CPA after this one. They had to play without Mason. LA went 11 deep in the first quarter and CPA looked to be 7-8 deep. Dunn played in foul trouble (maybe played two quarters) as did Anderson. I thought we were a little sloppy and rushed a bit making unforced turnovers, but I do credit CPA's D for forcing a few as well. Miller played pretty well I thought. LA was the better team tonight but things will equal out when Z gets in the line up. CPA is a good team and your right, both should be there in the final eight. Good luck to CPA.

Might get to see these two teams play again at full strength if they get the right draw. I expect both of these teams to return to the Burro without much of a problem. Tonight's game was great, but sadly I don't think it tells that much about either team under the circumstances of being so early in the season and CPA missing their best player. Congrats to LA on the win and hope to see you in March!

Agreed. Hope to see you all as well come March.

All the ifs ands and buts. CPA is very good. So is LA. LA might have played better (more relaxed) if Z had been playing. Maybe not as much to prove. Seemed like we pressed a little too much. Tried a little too hard. Factors for LA have to include playing a very talented Northeast on Friday, then traveling to Nashville in less than 24 hours to play in a hostile environment at CPA. Lets face it. This game had a lot of hype for this early in the season. LA had four players with four fouls in the 3rd quarter....Dunn, West, Ramsey, and Smith all had to sit more than a quarter and Ramsey finally fouled out. That says a lot about LA's depth. Miller played great for CPA. So did Zelnik. This was a great game but it was fairly ugly. LA definitely worked hard but didn't play their 'A' game. I think I like this newfound rivalry.

All the ifs ands and buts. CPA is very good. So is LA. LA might have played better (more relaxed) if Z had been playing. Maybe not as much to prove. Seemed like we pressed a little too much. Tried a little too hard. Factors for LA have to include playing a very talented Northeast on Friday, then traveling to Nashville in less than 24 hours to play in a hostile environment at CPA. Lets face it. This game had a lot of hype for this early in the season. LA had four players with four fouls in the 3rd quarter....Dunn, West, Ramsey, and Smith all had to sit more than a quarter and Ramsey finally fouled out. That says a lot about LA's depth. Miller played great for CPA. So did Zelnik. This was a great game but it was fairly ugly. LA definitely worked hard but didn't play their 'A' game. I think I like this newfound rivalry.

Agreed. CPA is very good. It seems like they play the same style of basketball as LA does. They're very well coached, as is LA. Great matchups won't allow the other team to play their own game. This game made the fans think it was late in the season instead of game #2. "Newfound rivalry" may be the perfect description for these two teams.

Let's hope we both make it back! I see no reason why we shouldn't! I hope Fulton had lots of seniors on last years team though!! That was the worst beating I ever remember LA basketball taking.

Either way.. LA starts their season 2-0.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to LA for a great start to the season. CPA played well last night. If/when these two teams meet a again it will be a great game. Best of luck to CPA for the rest of the season.