BA vs MUS

singlewing

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if injured but he did play against EHS, so I assume that he will suit up for MUS, if not, #28 will get lots of carries

I don't think he took any snaps during the Ensworth game - the load was carried by Caro. I think he was ok to play (when Caro got shaken up on a play he came on the field, but BA subsequently called a time out and Caro came back in), but maybe slowed by an injury. I would think he would be available, but Caro should start.

Ok. Here are the biggest questions of the BA/MUS game.

#1 Can BA's secondary stop MUS passing game.

#2 Can MUS defense stop BA's running game.

#3 Which team plays all 4 qtrs with state championship intensity.

The game should be great to watch.

Answers to Questions:

#1 Probably not, but 40 degree weather will make it harder to catch the ball.

#2 Not totally. Again, the cold will affect execution. The MUS defense does not LOOK impressive, but it is full of smart overachievers. They typify the "bend don't break" concept, and they make big plays. MUS actually is more prone to breakdowns on pass coverage and special teams.

#3 I expect both sides will play with equal intensity.

If you can stay warm, it should be great to watch.

Answers to Questions:

#1 Probably not, but 40 degree weather will make it harder to catch the ball.

#2 Not totally. Again, the cold will affect execution. The MUS defense does not LOOK impressive, but it is full of smart overachievers. They typify the "bend don't break" concept, and they make big plays. MUS actually is more prone to breakdowns on pass coverage and special teams.

#3 I expect both sides will play with equal intensity.

If you can stay warm, it should be great to watch.

I think the only place MUS doesn't look "impressive" is the Dline. However, in the 3-3-5 scheme they run the Dline only has to play their assignments and let the LBs and S clean up. MUS has had some really impressive LBs, a couple who play in the SEC, and I don't think this year is any different. The back 8 for MUS tackles really well and has speed to burn.