BA vs MUS

singlewing

Congratulations, MUS! You deserve to be called the State Champions of the Divsion II AA! Barry Brunetti was incredible and looks like a man among boys! Heck, I think he could be the Tennessee Volunteers right now.... LOL! No doubt, he will earn the Mr. Football award. Anyway, it was a well earned win and a terrific season for you. Congratulations to your team and especially, Mr. Brunetti!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there a game yesterday? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If you win a championship and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

JK congrats.

Tuesday night game. I am out of town for the holidays but paid $5 to watch the internet feed.

Thanks TSSAA for your support of D-II football.

By the way, Why doesn't Alcoa schedule one of the top D-II teams? Maybe "somebody" would see that one. Probably not with the result that you would hope for.

I'm not really sure what I am saying that isn't classy. I have consistently acknowledged that BA and MBA historically rank ahead of MUS in terms of alltime accomplishments. I have also taken exception with the fact that some have said that we didn't play a tough schedule. I think some people just don't like the fact that the trophy is coming back to West TN. All I have been saying in all these threads is that MUS is really, really good. I'm sorry if thats not classy. It's like you people take exception with the fact that MUS has a dominant football team and someone is saying it out loud.

I can't think of anybody who has said at any point that MUS is not an extremely good team. Since you play mostly west Tennessee teams, you're something of an unknown quantity. Add to that the fact that the DII teams from west Tennessee don't seem to have a lot of posters on this board. Familiarity and partisanship are better explanations for the predicitions than any effort to slight MUS, Memphis, or west Tennessee as a whole.

What's not classy? The constant "We get no respect" mantra (the smell of burning martyr on this thread is overwhelming), the "You have to respect us now", and yeah, it comes off as not very classy...a bit like Miami of old. Maybe it's a generational thing, and you're just being contemporary. It's just not what I would expect from an institution of MUS's caliber.

You've been congratulated by pretty much everybody on this board; you've been acknowledged as one of the very best teams in the state, if not the best. The classy thing to do under these circumstances is to be quiet and enjoy it. Omnia gloria fugit.

Congrats MUS. You are the DII AA State champs...hands down.

A great team that wanted it more than BA.

Congrats to BA also.

There will be much needed work in the off season at QB and trying to hold down the fumbles (37 this year).

On the bright side BA players need to remember that there were 10 other DII AA schools wishing they could have played last night.

I think the only place MUS doesn't look "impressive" is the Dline.

They looked pretty impressive to me line dancing down on the field after the win last night! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

What a game...the Owls simply dominated, forcing fumbles like they've been doing all year long. Yes, they lost a couple too, but not enough to make much of a difference. Congratulations to all of the Owls, but especially the seniors, who all of us parents knew back in 7th grade were a special team. When it came time to order their senior rings last year, my son hesitated, saying they were going to get state championship rings this year and he'd rather have just that one. (I made him order it anyway!) He was right.

A few things I took away after last night game:

Starting the game at 6 PM during weekday Murfreesboro rush hour was a mistake due to wrecks and tied up traffic pattern to get to the stadium.

MUS brought more a few more fans than BA. I was little surprise due to BA locality.

Shave ice concession sales don??™t do well at colder temperatures. I would suggest hot coffee and hot chocolate.

One small concession stand (very limited on products for sale) was available on both sides of the field??¦did the TSSAA not expect anyone to show up?

There is nothing like ball on skin to keep the ball from sliding out, regardless of weather conditions??¦leave the sleeves at home and tough it out.

Big is not necessary better when it comes to football lineman play. MUS smaller and quicker lineman on defense easily overcame the advantage of the big guy lineman factor on offense.

When you are playing against the spread and the defensive lineman can??™t seem to get into the backfield to purse the QB, defensive backs and enough of them are a premium.

Congrats to MUS for putting on air show using live missiles??¦see you back at the Vandy 7 on 7 in July for repeat performance.

For everybody else, the bar has been raised by MUS??¦time to reflect and get prepared for 2009.

I think the only place MUS doesn't look "impressive" is the Dline. However, in the 3-3-5 scheme they run the Dline only has to play their assignments and let the LBs and S clean up. MUS has had some really impressive LBs, a couple who play in the SEC, and I don't think this year is any different. The back 8 for MUS tackles really well and has speed to burn.

The word "LOOK" was capitalized for emphasis. What I was trying to say is they are not particularly big or muscular.

But they have speed and we all know speed kills. Their PLAY or PERFORMANCE IS IMPRESSIVE.

The word "LOOK" was capitalized for emphasis. What I was trying to say is they are not particularly big or muscular.

But they have speed and we all know speed kills. Their PLAY or PERFORMANCE IS IMPRESSIVE.

I know...I was just kidding -- couldn't help but laugh at them dancing out there last night! They were very much "into the moment". The MUS defense has been outstanding all year, dominating teams that were much bigger. A friend from the 'boro, who hadn't seen the Owls play this year, came to the game and asked how the defense was able to do so well given that they are not as big as most. It didn't take him long to figure that one out.

Well , maybe seeing as how MUS scraped by Melrose by the skin of their teeth ( 13-12 ), and Melrose couldn't even make it to the final 4 in little ol 4A , maybe we could also say DII was really down this year . Just when Brandon100 has me feeling sorry for you guys for having to play on a Tuesday , ya gotta start with this crap before the games even over . Maybe the guys from DI would be a little more sympathetic to your cause if it wasn't for you guys always wanting to state your superiority over teams you don't even play .

That game was in AUGUST and MUS was playing without Taylor Reed and Michael Folk (and others). If that game had been decided by one point in November then you MIGHT have had a debate.