2009 Huntingdon Football Schedule

PWII

What does a knee injury have to do with be a "Mama's Boy"?????? Do you expect these young men to play on a torn up knee??? What kind of macho man are you anyway............................. You are probably on of our fans that stands on the top row and complains or maybe listens to Kent Jones on the radio!!! Get over those kinds of comments about these young men that are working hard for our enjoyment. Attack me, if you need to, not a bunch of teenagers.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PL.. What did you say about a position change? I was worried about melting on Thursday night and don't remember who you said. No need to put it on here but holler back at me. I saw PL Jr. and he said he was ready to go. I think I'm gonna like the late spring practice. We won't have to worry about snow falling during a scrimmage... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Look to me like the weight room is paying off. Zach Wallce , Tyler Simpson look like they've gained 10 pds of muscle. Went to the baseball game against Gibson Co. and noticed Ben Carter. He looks thicker. Are the baseballers been hitting the weights also?Excitement around here is about as much as i've seen in a long long time. I'm getting antzy. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

PL.. What did you say about a position change? I was worried about melting on Thursday night and don't remember who you said. No need to put it on here but holler back at me. I saw PL Jr. and he said he was ready to go. I think I'm gonna like the late spring practice. We won't have to worry about snow falling during a scrimmage... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Mr. Mustang....................I'll try to come by and talk. You probably need a break at work anyway. We might even get up a fishing trip if you have any experience at slippin' off. I might could give you a few pointers on that!

Mr. Mustang....................I'll try to come by and talk. You probably need a break at work anyway. We might even get up fishing trip if you have any experience at slippin' off. I might could give you a few pointers on that!

More like slipping up /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Mr. Mustang....................I'll try to come by and talk. You probably need a break at work anyway. We might even get up a fishing trip if you have any experience at slippin' off. I might could give you a few pointers on that!

I found out what I needed to know. That would provide some depth for sure. The facilities at Paul Ward Stadium are coming along nicely and the locker rooms for the baseball team should be finished soon. I don't know of many schools that have better baseball facilities than us..

I wouldn't want to fish with you. I'm afraid I'd blow my hand off.. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Redgrange.. Heck man, Red Boilings Springs couldn't beat Houston County's B-team. What's your point?

Since 2000 Huntingdon has a record of 82-32 for a winning % of 72%. Not shabby for teams with no talent. Probably could have that % up to 90% if we scheduled cupcakes. You are correct in saying this is not the NFL and not 1965. I'll give you that.

Don't know what's up with you but all I asked is why schedule Dyer County and you start talking about being a crybaby. Not questioning Coach Swenson because he has his reasons.

Coach Hayes is at Southside now so why not swap them for Dyer County? Think Milan has rather play B.T. Washington or Southside? Same for us.

Everybody knew this would be a tough year because of all the Seniors that graduated last year and many players have never started before this year. All schools go through that. Ever think why Lewis County can't get out of the 2nd round? I don't think anyone has the luxury of seeing the talent down for the next year and then be able to rearrange their schedule accordingly, do you? Huntingdon is Huntingdon. Will they win every game? NO.. Play hard? You bet..

Sure would like to see your proposed schedule for next year. Got to go get my tongue back in place... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I know this is an old post I'm quoting here, but I was just browsing this topic and saw the shot at us here in Lewis County. Look, Mr. Mustang I don't blame you for thinking that, but you don't have any idea how hard it is to schedule people up here and I know for a fact Coach Sharp has tried, to no avail, to schedule bigger and better teams. But thank goodness all that is over, because we got bumped up to 3A whereas yall got bumped down to 1A, and our schedule has no choice but to be tough. So, finally everyone will either be able to say "I told you so" about us or they will have to shut up - just depends on our record. But, if your theory is true, Mr. Mustang, then the tougher competition should make us better in the playoffs, which will be good for us. Sorry to interrupt yall's thread but I couldn't help it just this once. Good luck to yall next year.

I know this is an old post I'm quoting here, but I was just browsing this topic and saw the shot at us here in Lewis County. Look, Mr. Mustang I don't blame you for thinking that, but you don't have any idea how hard it is to schedule people up here and I know for a fact Coach Sharp has tried, to no avail, to schedule bigger and better teams. But thank goodness all that is over, because we got bumped up to 3A whereas yall got bumped down to 1A, and our schedule has no choice but to be tough. So, finally everyone will either be able to say "I told you so" about us or they will have to shut up - just depends on our record. But, if your theory is true, Mr. Mustang, then the tougher competition should make us better in the playoffs, which will be good for us. Sorry to interrupt yall's thread but I couldn't help it just this once. Good luck to yall next year.

Good post. I'm sure it's hard for Sharp to schedule. Moving to 3-A will be a different game for ya'll for sure. Not everybody wants to travel all the way to Lewis County. You'll be playing tougher teams but you'll also have to face tougher teams in the playoffs. Huntingdon has always played "up". This makes it tougher if you don't have the depth you need. You guys will be alright. Still wish they had classified again but with different enrollments and kept the 5 classes though.

Good luck to ya'll next year too. You have a Huntingdon connection on your staff now. He was a good player here for the Mustangs.

Good post. I'm sure it's hard for Sharp to schedule. Moving to 3-A will be a different game for ya'll for sure. Not everybody wants to travel all the way to Lewis County. You'll be playing tougher teams but you'll also have to face tougher teams in the playoffs. Huntingdon has always played "up". This makes it tougher if you don't have the depth you need. You guys will be alright. Still wish they had classified again but with different enrollments and kept the 5 classes though.

Good luck to ya'll next year too. You have a Huntingdon connection on your staff now. He was a good player here for the Mustangs.

bigger,better, faster... coaching staff is expecting much improvement.spring practice is just around the corner! i'm gettin' exitited already .these boys are my boyz. mr. mustang you had a lot of influence on these guys , what do you expect?

From talking to the players i've seen they say the weightroom work has been absolutely brutal. I expected no less. I think we'll see a much more physical team this year.Defense should be very good this time and offensively it will depend on how the qb position comes along. Spring practice will probably be without any baseball players if our team makes its usual deep run so some younger guys could get some valuable playing time.

bigger,better, faster... coaching staff is expecting much improvement.spring practice is just around the corner! i'm gettin' exitited already .these boys are my boyz.

Amen, Hoofbeat. Spring practice will be here in 2 weeks and I expect to see lots of different looks if nothing else, from all the new faces that will get lots of snaps. Lots of inexperienced young men will get an opportunity to play this spring due to what looks like most of the baseball players being missing. At least I hope they are still playing. Those men and Coach Eubanks are building a new tradition for HHS. The bar is being set high!!!

The annual Lift-a-Thon is May 8th, I think. All football supporters in Huntingdon need to get their checkbooks out and be generous with their sponsorship(s). Yeah, Mr. Mustang, that means you too. This is a big fundraing event for the team and each player is expected to raise $200. They are given equipment (shorts, shirts, cleats, etc.) worth at least what they raise up to $500.

I think I'll work some long hours over the next two weeks so I'll have lots of comp time built up when spring practice gets here. That sure is going to mess up a lot of fishing. Maybe I've got enough comp time built up already.

Heard Wambles was leaving to take the HC spot at his alma mater in Alabama. Any thoughts who the "Powers" will hire to take his and coach Eubie's spot? Could someone from another school move into town this summer? We'll have to see... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />