Morristown East Hurricanes

canefan72

No matter what else is said, the issue was carries!!!! I think he had more than enough of a chance to seal the job up but Dee Dee just stood out. I don't think we will miss a backup who did not want to be a cane. I have known him for ages and he is a good kid but I think he may have let a parent decide this for him and it will not really benefit him to move over to west. Love him to death and hate to see him not graduate with the guys he has played with since pee wee but oh well.

72---Do you think most of last year's freshmen are going to be moving up ? I have noticed in the past

few years most of players have been assigned to play in some part of the game ---kick off--returns --punts--

extra points--etc. East players seem to always be in shape and have very few cramps . I hope there are

no more transfers , unless it can't be helped , as moving to another team will cause hard feelings . I hope

the West coach did not encourage this move.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

72---Do you think most of last year's freshmen are going to be moving up ? I have noticed in the past

few years most of players have been assigned to play in some part of the game ---kick off--returns --punts--

extra points--etc. East players seem to always be in shape and have very few cramps . I hope there are

no more transfers , unless it can't be helped , as moving to another team will cause hard feelings . I hope

the West coach did not encourage this move.

I know they are conditioning hard because I have 2 sons that come home exhausted every day from it.

I don't think the transfer was encouraged by anyone at West at all. I know that I was at a game sitting with the players dad and he was mad the whole game and went down to the fence at half time. I do not condone that. Let the coach coach. I may speak my mind here about things from time to time and even have had a few conversations with Hatcher about team issues(never about my kids) but to do something like that in a game is way out of line in my opinion. I have always told my boys that playing time is earned not handed out.

I am excited to see this year approaching. I think we stand a good chance to be competitive enough to win the region we are in. We have a wealth of talent returning for 09'.

08' was a great campaign for our beloved Hurricanes and a 9-3 season while being ranked top ten for most of the ride has put East on the football map. We will have alot of talent return for 09' with most of them being 3 year starters at key positions.

I have found out our non-con schedule and here is how it peices together in no certain order.

Cherokee I assume at home

Cocke co. I assume on the road

Jefferson co. Road?

MoWest Considered a road game

South Doyle Not sure where

Sevier Co. Same

Seymour Same

Austin East @ BT week 0(sat game with west playing fulton in a doubleheader)

@Cleveland

@Anderson co.

I will update this as I get more info on scrimmages,dates,spring practice,etc.

Are you guys 5A or 6A?

2 predictions Cane.

1) you will not beat GHS in 2009

2) you guys might win the league next year. pulling for you.

Good to hear from you, No One.

I agree with your predictions. G'ville will be a major power in their new classification and be battling who (A-E or Fulton) for the semis in the state?

I have heard through a good friend of mine that Tee is moving to Florida. Any truth to this rumor. If so, Jeff. Co. may have caught a break. This kid is good!

Not to my knowledge. i have heard that rumor but I think it is just a rumor. His dad lived in florida for a while but I think he is back here now.

Not to my knowledge. i have heard that rumor but I think it is just a rumor. His dad lived in florida for a while but I think he is back here now.

The freshmen moving up should be in good condition ---last year they were doing

100 yard crawls with no problems. I think the transfer rumor concerned Tee's

brother,who will be a freshman , and what position he will play. Most all these kids

would like to move on to college, if they have the grades, and are good enough at

the position they play in high school .

I think the Austin East game will be harder than Morristown East thinks. Alot of people forget, Austin East should have won the state last year if it wasn't for 8 of their players getting in trouble. They have 3 returners that have already been offered major D-1 scholarships as Juniors, and their freshman team beat the best in Knoxville area by 35 points (literally, they beat farragett, oak ridge, and catholic's JV and Freshman team by an average of 38 points). Heck, their returning wide recievers average 6-4. From what I understand, coach Hatcher paid this team big money to come and play them as if they're going to be a cake walk. Austin East also has one of Morristown's own former standouts on their staff, . Marcus Bragg, who played WR at Morristown East, is the assistant head coach/ offensive coordinator at Austin East. His father used to be the head coach of the hurricanes back in the 90's. He might be looking for revenge (LOL). He's got the athletes to do it. I'm looking forward to see what happens on week 0.

I think the Austin East game will be harder than Morristown East thinks. Alot of people forget, Austin East should have won the state last year if it wasn't for 8 of their players getting in trouble. They have 3 returners that have already been offered major D-1 scholarships as Juniors, and their freshman team beat the best in Knoxville area by 35 points (literally, they beat farragett, oak ridge, and catholic's JV and Freshman team by an average of 38 points). Heck, their returning wide recievers average 6-4. From what I understand, coach Hatcher paid this team big money to come and play them as if they're going to be a cake walk. Austin East also has one of Morristown's own former standouts on their staff, . Marcus Bragg, who played WR at Morristown East, is the assistant head coach/ offensive coordinator at Austin East. His father used to be the head coach of the hurricanes back in the 90's. He might be looking for revenge (LOL). He's got the athletes to do it. I'm looking forward to see what happens on week 0.

Hatcher nor the fan base at east think this will be a cakewalk and no one has said that. Great effort in trying to stir the pot. We also play road games at Cleveland and Anderson Co.. Would you say that we schedule cupcakes or that we schedule good teams to make us better? He also has scrimmaged Bearden the last 2 preseasons and tried hard to line up Maryville as well. Hatcher and cupcake do not belong in the same sentence. He schedules a tough non-con every year if possible.

08' was a great campaign for our beloved Hurricanes and a 9-3 season while being ranked top ten for most of the ride has put East on the football map. We will have alot of talent return for 09' with most of them being 3 year starters at key positions.

I have found out our non-con schedule and here is how it peices together in no certain order.

Cherokee I assume at home

Cocke co. I assume on the road

Jefferson co. Road?

MoWest Considered a road game

South Doyle Not sure where

Sevier Co. Same

Seymour Same

Austin East @ BT week 0(sat game with west playing fulton in a doubleheader)

@Cleveland

@Anderson co.

I will update this as I get more info on scrimmages,dates,spring practice,etc.

I really like the Howell kid.......I'd keep him at QB....I like the fact that my biggest playmaker touches the ball on every play....