Goodpasture @ Milan

CougarBrown

Goodpasture is going to get to see the best back in 2A that got shafted out of MR. FOOTBALL in Gilbert. Williamson Should have been a shoe in for Lineman also. They will find out that it was a fluke in 06.

Sorry but 06 was no fluke. They had one of the best offensive lines in the mid state through out every class. This year it will come down to execution. If GP executes like everybody knows they can then it should be a good one. I really think GP comes out strong on offense. Cunningham is going to be able to get holes, and have some good runs. The only thing that Milan has to do is keep pounding it right back at them. From what I hear Milan is a very good team this year, and what others are saying is they are the team to beat Alcoa this year.

GP 28

Milan 21

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture has beaten three very good teams in the playoffs this year. How can you say that an undefeated team with 2 Mr.Football candidates is not very good? Or a CPA team with a great coaching staff and great athletes which was ranked the #3 2A team is no good? And by the way, all of them have been on the road! So if you are a Goodpasture fan, I would hate to see what they would have to do to get your respect. And you are right about one thing, they are young. Hambrick was out, but one sophomore (#9) and one junior (#28) stepped up big. Also another sophomore (#16) stepped up at corner for him. Hambrick should be ready to go for Milan. There have been alot of posters talking about Benji Cunningham, I have as well. He is our leader, and he is a special talent. But do not think that this team is playing the way they are just because of him. The difference between this team earlier in the year and now is that the TEAM is playing better. Look at the tape, the blocking is much improved, the quaterback play is consistant, and the defense is tightening up. They have a solid field goal kicker, and as usual, Coach Martin and his coaching staff will have them prepared. What we have seen is the development of young players, playing there role, and cutting down on mistakes. Several of these young underclassmen could be stand out players for other teams, but Coach Martin does a great job of preaching TEAM first, and these boys have accepted thier roles and performed. Look at the tape! Benji Cunningham is a difference maker! But only if his teammates are doing there job!

I never said Goodpasture wasn't good. I just think this team is not as good as the last three years, particularly the last two. When I say the teams they played in the playoffs are not that good. Its all relative. Of course the are good teams to make it to the playoffs, there are many that did not. For instance I don't think any team they have played in the playoffs this year are as strong as last years Camden team. Or CPA in first round last year. They are coming together at the right time. I just don't think they have the horses this year. The defense is not nearly as strong, and they are much more one demensional on offense. They are a good team, but you cannot tell me that CPA is as good this year as the last two. Any CPA fans like to chime in. This is the "rebuilding year", and they are in the final four, thats great. I love Goodpasture, its my alma mater, in my it will be a major upset if they win on Friday.

I never said Goodpasture wasn't good. I just think this team is not as good as the last three years, particularly the last two. When I say the teams they played in the playoffs are not that good. Its all relative. Of course the are good teams to make it to the playoffs, there are many that did not. For instance I don't think any team they have played in the playoffs this year are as strong as last years Camden team. Or CPA in first round last year. They are coming together at the right time. I just don't think they have the horses this year. The defense is not nearly as strong, and they are much more one demensional on offense. They are a good team, but you cannot tell me that CPA is as good this year as the last two. Any CPA fans like to chime in. This is the "rebuilding year", and they are in the final four, thats great. I love Goodpasture, its my alma mater, in my it will be a major upset if they win on Friday.

Who cares if this team is as good as 06, or if Milan's team is better than 07, or if the 07 Goodpasture team had a better defense, or if Milans running back is better than there 04 team, or if they had better looking uniforms in 2005, etc............. What does it have to do with Friday's game? Each team is different, each year is different. All any team can do is play the teams they are put up against in the playoffs! So if Goodpasture is your alma mater, support them, and let's see what happens! Good luck and good health to both teams.

It should be a great game, and I just wanted to check with DSM10 if it was worth showing up. I think these young men on both sides of the ball deserve more respect than that. And who ever wins, I will be rooting for them to represent Central and West Tennessee and win the gold ball. And even though we have lost the last three, I think our boys can hold there head high because there was 30 teams in the playoffs each of those three years that did not make it to the state game.

Yes TRADITION it is worth you showing up friday. I was giving you my opinion. If and I'm saying IF Goodpasture were to beat Milan AND IF Alcoa were to beat Marion. Then Goodpasture psyche for that game would be in serious question. Don't ya think?? Milan would have a better chance at beating Alcoa than Goodpasture. THAT's MY POINT! MILAN 34 GOODPASTURE-20

This won't be a blow out. If Cunningham goes off in the first half, I just don't see Milan not coming back. They have too many playmakers. If Milan controls the first half, I see Cunningham returning a kick or a punt and bringing GP back in it.

This will be a back and forth game. Big plays all game. Hope to see a Cunningham vs. Williamson matchup in the hole.

What does GP have other than Cunningham? Any other running backs? QB?

Milan 35

GP 28

Yes TRADITION it is worth you showing up friday. I was giving you my opinion. If and I'm saying IF Goodpasture were to beat Milan AND IF Alcoa were to beat Marion. Then Goodpasture psyche for that game would be in serious question. Don't ya think?? Milan would have a better chance at beating Alcoa than Goodpasture. THAT's MY POINT! MILAN 34 GOODPASTURE-20

I respectfully DISAGREE!

I have no doubt that Goodpasture is a very tallented team and that Cunningham is one of the best backs in 2A. However, from what I have read and what I have heard from people who have seen them play, Goodpasture is one dimensional. Although it is possibe for tallented well coached teams that are one dimensional to make it to this point of the playoffs, they don't fair well against tallented well coached teams that are well rounded. Cunningham is good, but if Milan contains him, what will Goodpasture do?