Goodpasture @ Milan

CougarBrown

So, I went to Goodpasture HS last year at this time with a buddy to go watch Trenton and Goodpasture. It was the worst mistake I'd ever made in my life. Cunningham absolutely made Trenton look RIDICULOUS with his spin moves and jukes! Someone from Milan needs to find Cunningham on the first play of the game and give him a wake up call and let him know he's in Milan. I'm not saying hurt him, but stick it to him one good time and let him know ya'll are for real!!!! Preferably, Avery Williamson. I want Milan to win this and go to the 'boro and knock of Alcoa hopefully! Good Luck 'Dawgs!!!!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I went to Goodpasture HS last year at this time with a buddy to go watch Trenton and Goodpasture. It was the worst mistake I'd ever made in my life. Cunningham absolutely made Trenton look RIDICULOUS with his spin moves and jukes! Someone from Milan needs to find Cunningham on the first play of the game and give him a wake up call and let him know he's in Milan. I'm not saying hurt him, but stick it to him one good time and let him know ya'll are for real!!!! Preferably, Avery Williamson. I want Milan to win this and go to the 'boro and knock of Alcoa hopefully! Good Luck 'Dawgs!!!!

As Coach Morris likes to say... "Facemask under Facemask, Who's the better Man"

Williamson is definitely big enough to give anyone a truck stick.

GCPioneer you have been looking for anyone to knock off Alcoa for the last three years. Hope you get your wish, on MILAN playing Alcoa. As far as this game goes. I believe Milan wins in a very close game. VERY CLOSE! MILAN-28 GP-26 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

GCPioneer you have been looking for anyone to knock off Alcoa for the last three years. Hope you get your wish, on MILAN playing Alcoa. As far as this game goes. I believe Milan wins in a very close game. VERY CLOSE! MILAN-28 GP-26 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

LOL, ain't that the truth.

I am a Goodpasture fan, but I think this is going to be a tough one for Goodpasture to win. They are very young, and have done well to get this far. The teams they have faced this far in the playoffs have not been that good. Lewis was a pretty good team and so was CPA, but I think the CPA teams of the last two years were much better. I also believe the Goodpasture teams of the last three years were better than this years team. However, they are peaking at the right time. Like many have said, Cunningham is the X factor. If he is has a good night, it could be close. If Milan stops him, it will be a long night. Does anyone know if Hamrick will be back for GP? His presence was missed on both sides of the ball.

Goodpasture has beaten three very good teams in the playoffs this year. How can you say that an undefeated team with 2 Mr.Football candidates is not very good? Or a CPA team with a great coaching staff and great athletes which was ranked the #3 2A team is no good? And by the way, all of them have been on the road! So if you are a Goodpasture fan, I would hate to see what they would have to do to get your respect. And you are right about one thing, they are young. Hambrick was out, but one sophomore (#9) and one junior (#28) stepped up big. Also another sophomore (#16) stepped up at corner for him. Hambrick should be ready to go for Milan. There have been alot of posters talking about Benji Cunningham, I have as well. He is our leader, and he is a special talent. But do not think that this team is playing the way they are just because of him. The difference between this team earlier in the year and now is that the TEAM is playing better. Look at the tape, the blocking is much improved, the quaterback play is consistant, and the defense is tightening up. They have a solid field goal kicker, and as usual, Coach Martin and his coaching staff will have them prepared. What we have seen is the development of young players, playing there role, and cutting down on mistakes. Several of these young underclassmen could be stand out players for other teams, but Coach Martin does a great job of preaching TEAM first, and these boys have accepted thier roles and performed. Look at the tape! Benji Cunningham is a difference maker! But only if his teammates are doing there job!

I'd like to see Cunningham and Gilbert line up one on one tackling/running drill. I like Gilberts chances.

And Goodpasture likes Cunningham's chances! Have you seen Benji Cunningham's stats for the playoffs? Wow! Over 600 yards rushing, 1 punt return for a touchdown, 1 kickoff return for a touchdown, 8 TD's total, and he is averaging over 10 tackles a game on defense. And by the way, he runs a legit 4.35 forty!

And Goodpasture likes Cunningham's chances! Have you seen Benji Cunningham's stats for the playoffs? Wow! Over 600 yards rushing, 1 punt return for a touchdown, 1 kickoff return for a touchdown, 8 TD's total, and he is averaging over 10 tackles a game on defense. And by the way, he runs a legit 4.35 forty!

Watching his Youtube highlight reel shows he is the real deal. I hope my Bulldogs can keep him contained just a little bit!!! I know it will be hard because I am sure all the other opponents have been focused on him as well and haven't had much sucess. Sounds like GP will live and die with Cunningham's sucess on friday night.

You may be right on this one Huf. Milan has a great team and should be proud, But remember the looser of this game bows out quietly, the winner faces the beast in the east in which niether team has any chance in winning. book it dano Alcoa 35-7

[/quote

No chance? Whoever wins this Friday they will face a tough game vs Alcoa. But to say they have no chance is a little over the top.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />