White House @ Knox Catholic

chokeonaloaf

larry i like u but Kc was winning this game what would home field have done for white house ? can they only play good at home? i wouldnt think so bc there record but lets be honest they played good for one half but made a bunch of mistakes and catholics wingbone possesion football beat them and kept the ball away also the d steped up in 2nd half please admit your defeats

p.s. white house knew they had one shot and catholic wanted more . go east tn football maryville, alcoa, catholic

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everybody who is saying wh had cheap shots go back and look at film. at the end of the game knox-catholic player pushed one of our players down thats how that started... and we wanted a penalty against them so we can get one more play. thats jus coaching not bad class

Personally I don't think WH had any cheap shots. This is coming from a Catholic fan. Yes, there was some extra stuff going on on the field, but I don't think that was a lack of class, just more of the emotion getting to everybody. By the time the onside kick came around, and all the players were on the ground the clock had run out and the WH players knew they had lost. So that was pretty emotional for them, and I'm sure they just let it get the best of them. As for KC retaliating, I have no idea why that was, maybe it was just a misunderstanding and he was just trying to get the WH player off of him on the ground and the WH player thought he was doing more, I don't know i can't speak for him. But Catholic wins with class. They don't take cheap shots.

I knew it was going to be a great game. Man... Talk about a complete turnaround between halves... The score was 24-21 at half after a 44 yarder by Gossett who imo is one heck of a kicker. The first half for catholic, they were just getting knocked off the ball and could not stick to their assignments. For example, the best play by them i thought was the fake screen go deep. They set a man in motion and faked a bubble pass and threw to a wide open guy down the sidelines-Very smart play. TURNOVERS KILLED THEM. Catholic was lucky to stick with the through the first half. They had some very hard runs and i could not have been more impressed with Dorian, Cody, and Jordan, but we also had alot of losses. Daniel Hood caught another touchdown too.

And then came the second half.....

Biggest turn around in high school football I think i have ever seen. (I have been around it for about 4 years so there has probably been worse) But it was incredible how much of a turn around there was. Jordan Howanitz just put all he had out there on the field. No doubt. The blocking was significantly improved as well. On at least 2 of the 4th down conversions we had, we ran a sweep to the left. Howanitz just lowered his head and kept running. White House on the other hand lost Boone, and the run. When Catholic started recognizing the run, white house became very limited in their offense and Catholic's secondary stepped up to make some big plays.

About the roughness at the end, I don't care who started it or who finished it, it doesn't matter to me. No excuses for it. It was a very emotional game so I think it is expected. Its hard for the losing team to walk off of that field no doubt. Congratulations to White House on a great season. You all played hard and you all were right about the fans! It was like a sea of blue. But I did not particularly like how White House fans were in our student section. But Awesome game. Thanks for going everyone. Go get them next year white house. (we won't be there to get in your way either!)

Good post Irish423. I would hope that all could get past the end of the game junk...You all that keep posting about it are taking away from one of the best high school football games I have saw. White House has an outstanding football team, nothing to be ashamed of. Had you taken care of the football in the first half, I am not so sure KC would be headed to the boro. Nevertheless, Knox Catholic has an outstanding football team and they, IMO, do what good football teams do: That is win football games. Both teams coaches came with great game plans the first half was an offensive/scoring fans dream! But with White House's turnovers in the first half and Catholic capitalizing, this game was just set up for an outstanding second half. Coach Pemberton obviously made the better adjustments and KC was just flat out determined to win. All in all 2 good football teams that would probably split if they play 10 games IMO! Thanks to both teams for a great game. Good luck to KC next week. Conratulations to White House on a great season.

You said station camp lost the game and lost respect; following up the other posts. Does that mean that you will say you lost respect for White House also?

newtoarea, posts like these show that WH people spout off and can not remember what they said. Great memory they have. Oh yeah, that is why they have to keep that 1997 state sign on their pressbox because they have such a hard time remembering. They can talk it but not take it. What time does their football team play next saturday?

Hey Shelia, shut up, I know you are not a white house fan, i have seen you slam KCHS numerous times on here you are from webb or cak, you don't have a dog in the fight, i guess hate is all you have

Proves my point! Real Class hate is not all i have I have honesty and I know that statement is not true.

I could be from anywhere in Knox Co and have the same feelings.

I believe Catholic will move up next year correct me if I am wrong. Just curious how do other sumner county teams match up against catholic? I ask this because all the sumner co. teams except wh and westmoreland could see them next year. Im looking for an unbiased opinion. For example:

Gallatin's team spead

Beech's run game and speed on defense

Station Camp's running game and run defense

We don't get to see much from the east tn teams that are power houses in the large classes bc our current 5A teams go west and so do our 4A teams.

Well i"d like to be the first to say, I personally saw a KC fan push a White House cheerleader...

thats not classy by any means. I understand emotions were going and this was an upsetting game, but that

was very unnecessary. Im proud of WH, we had a great year! Keep up the good work and we'll

see you boy's next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Luck to KC in the boro next week!!!

WHdad2010

Personally I don't think WH had any cheap shots. This is coming from a Catholic fan. Yes, there was some extra stuff going on on the field, but I don't think that was a lack of class, just more of the emotion getting to everybody. By the time the onside kick came around, and all the players were on the ground the clock had run out and the WH players knew they had lost. So that was pretty emotional for them, and I'm sure they just let it get the best of them. As for KC retaliating, I have no idea why that was, maybe it was just a misunderstanding and he was just trying to get the WH player off of him on the ground and the WH player thought he was doing more, I don't know i can't speak for him. But Catholic wins with class. They don't take cheap shots.

Well to inform you, I guess KC can't take one last hit from white house, cuz they decided to keep pushing after the play and liike all refs in TSSAA, they won't call anything they warn you every time about every thing. They tell you "don't do that" kids were pushing and another KC kid came and shoveed him on the ground. From what I saw white house was being held back by the cops, and KC was just taunting.

Great game, white house had too many turnovers, Refs might not know what holding is in East Tn.

Mitchell will be state champs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />