White House @ Knox Catholic

chokeonaloaf

Well to inform you, I guess KC can't take one last hit from white house, cuz they decided to keep pushing after the play and liike all refs in TSSAA, they won't call anything they warn you every time about every thing. They tell you "don't do that" kids were pushing and another KC kid came and shoveed him on the ground. From what I saw white house was being held back by the cops, and KC was just taunting.

Great game, white house had too many turnovers, Refs might not know what holding is in East Tn.

Mitchell will be state champs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Always comes back to the refs, doesnt it?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very proud of the effort our boys in blue put out during the game.

You simply cannot turn the ball over that many times and expect to win.

Bottom line was that Catholic took advantage of the opportunities that arose--end of story.

That having been said, 12-2 is nothing for which any team should apologize.

Good luck Catholic, but I'll pull for Mitchell simply because I love an underdog story.

I'll also root for Milan over Alcoa and Jo Byrns over Trousdale, what can I say--I do love an underdog!!!

Very good HS game. WH is much improved over the course of the season. I watched the Alcoa and the the 2nd SC game, and then last night. Greenwade will play on Saturdays. A few others as well. Tale of 2 halfs. WH controlled 1st, and listening to Pemberton post game, he said they were a much improved team, and that they dominated the 1st half. Caught them off guard. Catholic just took control in the 2nd. They made some nice adjustments at the 1/2 (Getting #3 more involved & reall on defense). I have picked against them all year because of their youth. I read where they lost 17 starters from last year, and have 4 Soph starters on the OL, and 5 Soph starters on D. Guess they are not Sophs any longer. Both teams should be proud. Fulton vs. Mitchell would have been a great game. Guess this wiil have to do.

Your Fulton comment is a JOKE, Fulton could not even make the play offs this year and they would be a could match up for a state contender. I know Fulton has had their time but, have a little respect for the teams that are there and not for the ones that had NO chance to be there.

Take away the 28 points from turnovers that we (White House) rarely make & we are in the Blue Cross bowl & most likely state champs again. That didn't happen though. I would like to thank the Blue Devil team & coaches for a great year - a great last 20 + years. As for the Catholic fans - thay are arrogant. We filled their stands & they were upset off & even tried to start fights. I too saw more than one person try to start stuff with our cheerleaders. As for the onside kick with one second left - what's with a Catholic kid kicking our player when he's on the ground trying to get up? Is that how you always play - are ya'll that dirty all the time or were you upset because we took over your stands & the players knocked the snot out of you? Were you mad because we gave you 28 points & you only won by 7? Memphis Melrose fans & players were more civil than yours & you call yourself a catholic school . Your prep section with all the roudy little boys with their boyfriens numbers painted on their chests - they even spit on some people as they walked to the concession stand - that's real fans - real class. I think it boils down to the parents of these kids. I was shocked when I looked behind the bleachers & saw numerous wiskey bottles on the ground. I've been to many schools & never seen that one before - you are some real tools!!!! Why don't you spend some of that money you have & build some stands on the visitor side & you might have a place to sit the next time a Sumner county team pays you a visit? I usually would root for the East because usually Memphis schools are dirty players, but you all took the cake - GO MITCHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the Catholic fans - thay are arrogant. We filled their stands & they were upset off & even tried to start fights. I too saw more than one person try to start stuff with our cheerleaders. As for the onside kick with one second left - what's with a Catholic kid kicking our player when he's on the ground trying to get up? Is that how you always play - are ya'll that dirty all the time

This is typical KCHScoach and could be said by many fans or many teams. Be honest and back off me!

Well we know danial hood, won't be winning the Mr. Football, Blaine Boone manhandled him

Manhandled???? Hood scored a big TD on a 4th down conversion. Recovered a fumble and returned it to set up another TD. Led Catholic to huge rushing numbers in the second half when the Irish offense ran the ball down their throat. Several big tackles on D. Pretty much dominated the second half in crunch time. Where exactly did Boone manhandle him?

Yup, I call that being manhandled alright. How would you have described it if you had won?/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Take away the 28 points from turnovers that we (White House) rarely make & we are in the Blue Cross bowl & most likely state champs again. That didn't happen though. I would like to thank the Blue Devil team & coaches for a great year - a great last 20 + years. As for the Catholic fans - thay are arrogant. We filled their stands & they were upset off & even tried to start fights. I too saw more than one person try to start stuff with our cheerleaders. As for the onside kick with one second left - what's with a Catholic kid kicking our player when he's on the ground trying to get up? Is that how you always play - are ya'll that dirty all the time or were you upset because we took over your stands & the players knocked the snot out of you? Were you mad because we gave you 28 points & you only won by 7? Memphis Melrose fans & players were more civil than yours & you call yourself a catholic school . Your prep section with all the roudy little boys with their boyfriens numbers painted on their chests - they even spit on some people as they walked to the concession stand - that's real fans - real class. I think it boils down to the parents of these kids. I was shocked when I looked behind the bleachers & saw numerous wiskey bottles on the ground. I've been to many schools & never seen that one before - you are some real tools!!!! Why don't you spend some of that money you have & build some stands on the visitor side & you might have a place to sit the next time a Sumner county team pays you a visit? I usually would root for the East because usually Memphis schools are dirty players, but you all took the cake - GO MITCHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOW.

How much of that did you make up man?

Like honestly... why'd you take the time to sit at your computer and write slams about Catholic that you know arent true? I'm upset that you got on here and said that in such a cowardly way. The prep section wore took their shirts off in support of their tem and your gonna sit there and make fun of them for it? Yes, you all did fill our stands and i had a far better turn out than we did. At our home field. However, if some of your parents could read, and not sit in the section clearly marked IRISH PARENTS, maybe we wouldnt be having any of these arguments. Thats a different story for a different time however. Overall, I was impressed with both your team and your turnout. And every whitehouse fan that i talked to was quite polite and had nothing bad to say, guess your just the coward who's upset about his team losing a hard fought, close game.

See you in the burro... O wait.

What's amazing is seeing these posts from White House fans, who like to see theirselves as a big-time program with that special blue devil pride, and you all are whining about cheap shots, cheerleaders getting yelled at, whiskey bottles in the bleachers, students painted up to cheer, etc. It's ridiculous! Just take you lose and quit making excuses and stop whining. All the things that you're complaining about go on everywhere, every game. Someone needs to run down to Cracker Barrel and stock up on that special BDP. You folks have ran out.

WOOOOOOW.

How much of that did you make up man?

Like honestly... why'd you take the time to sit at your computer and write slams about Catholic that you know arent true? I'm upset that you got on here and said that in such a cowardly way. The prep section wore took their shirts off in support of their tem and your gonna sit there and make fun of them for it? Yes, you all did fill our stands and i had a far better turn out than we did. At our home field. However, if some of your parents could read, and not sit in the section clearly marked IRISH PARENTS, maybe we wouldnt be having any of these arguments. Thats a different story for a different time however. Overall, I was impressed with both your team and your turnout. And every whitehouse fan that i talked to was quite polite and had nothing bad to say, guess your just the coward who's upset about his team losing a hard fought, close game.

See you in the burro... O wait.

First - I am a parent from White House and most of the things that this person said is true. (I didn't see the bottles but did smell the smell and see the evidence of drinking)

1. A parent from KC DID grap the arm of one of our cheerleaders and push her over. We were later told that the mother had been drinking and was carried off the campus. Several times she approached our cheerleaders telling them what to do. KC cheerleaders found this amusing. How would you feel if your child was cheering and a parent from the other side grabbed your child's arm and pushed them over in front of many? In some cases this could be assault. Just think a grown woman assaulting a minor. This cheerleader happened to be a Freshman which puts her at 14 or 15 years old. This woman had to be at least 40ish.

2. Yes, your student section stood on the ramp and if you had blue on, you had to push to get through. Your students also chose to play ball in the parking lot around lots of cars playing music with very ugly words in the songs. I know kids listen to these songs but can't believe that a private school with a religous name would allow this on campus. I would also like to know what would have happened if a student missed a ball and it hit the hood of a car and did many dollars of damage? Who would have been responsible?

3. We arrived two hours before the game. There was a section that was roped off with caution tape. Caution tape normally means do not go in this area. The cheerleading section was roped off which would mean - do not go in this area. NO OFFICIAL from KC game and asked us to move. NO OFFICIAL game and told us the section at the other end was not ours UNTIL 40 minutes before the game. At this point, there were 600 plus fans there. KC did not even fill the section that was supposedly supposed to be ours. IMO all schools should have a home side and a visitor side. The only place we have come across this prior is at another Catholic school - ND - we did not have any of these problems at ND. KC officials had plenty of time to let the WH fans know what was going on from 5:00 - 6:20 and they did not. I was there and no official came to the area that I was sitting in and said anything. They walked in front of us talking on phones BUT never said anything until about 6:20. To the majority of people, roped off sections mean do not enter or in this case do not sit here. Remedy to this problem get a visitor side to your stadium. Are there any public schools like this. I know it would save alot of money for the school systems if we did not provide a visitors section to sit in and then gave the visotrs a small area to sit in and then tell them that they can't sit anywhere but that section and you can bring your chairs and blankets and sit on the dirt. Very Christian like isn't it?

4. Check the film on the post game activity.

5. We lost a game for many reasons and one of those reasons was KC's team. They do have a good team and when given the opportunities that WH gave them, they took advantage of them. That does make a good team. Were our boys upset, yes. Were they frustrated, yes. As would KC's boys had been if the score was turned around.

Now, I am going to get on my soap box, so bear with me. It is very hard for me as a parent to go to a game against a private school that is backed by fundings from a religious organization and see the things that I saw last night. We play schools from many areas during the year. We play good ole country schools and we play intercity schools. After last night, I will take the intercity schools anyday. These schools are supposed to be rough and tough and they are. They use language and gestures that many find vulgar but when you go to a school backed by church dollars and donations and see and hear the same thing, it is very disturbing. I know I am going to be blasted on this forum but I really don't care. Basically what I saw was hypocrisy. I know that no one is perfect. I guess I expect it to be different at these schools. Maybe I am wrong. I don't know. I guess I just didn't expect to see a drunk parent grabbing one of our girls.

Thank you for the compliment on WH fans. Most are very nice people who are passionate about their football team. I did not have the opportunity to speak to any KC fans but I am sure that most of their fans are nice and great to talk to. It is always sad when a few spoild the bunch for many (and I am talking about both sides because I know WH has a few that spoil it for us). I know that KC parents are passionate about their football also. I am very sorry for the seating situation but it should have been taken care of when we arrived NOT 40 minutes before the game. It would have been much easier to move 50 - 100 people rather than 600 plus people. IMO

I will not be pulling for anyone next week. Football season is over for me this year. I am moving on and looking forward to next year. Thank you WH boys for a great year. Hold your head high, be proud, yes BDP proud. I love you all!

I was not fortunate enough to go to the game....But I will watch the replay.

As for any pushing or shoving and who has class....and being called out by a fan of a team who has no dog in the hunt....I believe I posted that WH players have committed unsportmanlike penalties in the past, but it is normally followed by a coach blessing out the offending player and a trip to the sidelines. Good programs who have disciplined teams do not tolerate boorish behavior but it will occur....and it has with every team.

What I witnessed in the WH/SC game were the personal fouls but no SC coach taking exception with the offending player....While some SC fans, before the game on the boards, were calling WH classless....Maybe I was witness to an anomoly and the SC coaches take exception to personal fouls...but they did not the game I watched....So the classless comments before the game, by their fans, didn't seem to hold true.

As for any extra stuff between WH and KC, I've been told it was broken up quickly before anything escalated.The coaching staffs did their jobs. Imo, it does not reflect on the programs at large as the staffs did their jobs, cooled down the emotions of 15-18 year olds. Now, if it was allowed to fester with no coach involvment, then go ahead and throw out the classless claim....I would.

Good game KC. It is obvious your program is managed with class and deserve respect.... It is how winning programs continue to win....they do things right on and off the field.