Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

Dude.......Hillsboro used to be in our region! Most Patriot fans know where your school and stadium is! The only difference is that the Burros weren't nearly as powerful then as they are now! Will yall have your Christmas Tree sale going on Firday?

well congratulations for having that knowledge, and yes, that was a little while ago. i was simply responding to your fellow fans that asked. as for the christmas trees out front, im not sure. someone in nashvile right now should be able to answer that. though, i dont think it is our sale, someone/organization uses/rents the convenient location, if im not mistaken.

crutch is a senior

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach is that fast huh??? Could you see him starting over his brother at UT next year??

Crutcher is a soph., jr. ,or senior?

Yes, he is quite the athlete....breaks down all the stereotypes like Tyler Maples did at Maryville a couple of years ago. I sure hope so...he is better than Austin I believe. Playing with Austin may be the very thing that keeps him committed to UTK too.

Crutcher is a senior, but while this is the first year he has started on offense (was #2 RB behind Jacques Seward the last two years), he was our starting FS last year.

Many of you Hillsboro fans act like because you have some athletes with great speed that HC is in big trouble. I would think that Fairley and Melrose have a little speed too. We just beat them both. Your team is obviously fast and good if not great. Your speed is not going to be a surprise to us because we have seen a lot of it recently. We have seen a lot morre than you have recently against Mt Juliet and Beech.

Many of you Hillsboro fans act like because you have some athletes with great speed that HC is in big trouble. I would think that Fairley and Melrose have a little speed too. We just beat them both. Your team is obviously fast and good if not great. Your speed is not going to be a surprise to us because we have seen a lot of it recently. We have seen a lot morre than you have recently against Mt Juliet and Beech.

I am not nieve enough to think that Henry County beat every inferior opponent they played this year by 30-50 points by accident. That doesn't happen by accident. However, no I don't think Henry County has seen a team quite like HHS this year. Not just the athletes, but the system that we use on both offense and defense. The coaching is very good.

Btw, HHS doesn't have near the number of athletes this year that they have had in years past, but I am more confident in this year's team because they are more of a TEAM than any other HHS team I have seen. This year's team hasn't skated through anything this season. They have earned every bit of success they have gotten.

In summary, I believe whoever wins the game will earn it. There likely won't be a blowout for either team.

GOOD LUCK TO HENRY CO FRIDAY NIGHT...from MILAN.

I listened on the radio to the last minutes of the game. My nerves were shot. Haha.

Hillsboro might not be ready for Teague, Allen and Company. Go Patriots!

Wish us luck back in Milan.

Good luck to ya' in Milan. I imagine Hillsboro will BE QUITE READY for anything we can throw at 'em. They have some pretty good athletes, and get to practice against them every day. Just like we get to practice against our own. I agree with Burroball, whomever wins will earn this one, and rightly so. Good luck to both, but I think Henry County will pull it out.

Good luck to ya' in Milan. I imagine Hillsboro will BE QUITE READY for anything we can throw at 'em. They have some pretty good athletes, and get to practice against them every day. Just like we get to practice against our own. I agree with Burroball, whomever wins will earn this one, and rightly so. Good luck to both, but I think Henry County will pull it out.

How about next week Milan and Henry Co BURN UP I-40 then Exit to the Buro.

How long ya think that line would be? Stand still traffic for 30 miles.

I am not nieve enough to think that Henry County beat every inferior opponent they played this year by 30-50 points by accident. That doesn't happen by accident. However, no I don't think Henry County has seen a team quite like HHS this year. Not just the athletes, but the system that we use on both offense and defense. The coaching is very good.

Btw, HHS doesn't have near the number of athletes this year that they have had in years past, but I am more confident in this year's team because they are more of a TEAM than any other HHS team I have seen. This year's team hasn't skated through anything this season. They have earned every bit of success they have gotten.

In summary, I believe whoever wins the game will earn it. There likely won't be a blowout for either team.

I would agree that HC has not seen a team quite like HHS. I also doubt HHS has seen anyone with the size AND speed of Melrose either. Maplewood is big and physical but has nowhere near the speed of Melrose. Melrose was bigger and had more team speed than HC but we still won. I doubt HHS has faced anyone quite like HC either. This group is a team much like the way you descibe HHS.. This 2008 HC team is MUCH better than the one you beat in 2006 and better than the one Maplewood beat last year. Our defense is better especially the secondary. Our kicking game is better. Our offense is WAY better. We have had the fastest player (Urban Meyer wants him and he has said he wants Florida to be the fastest team in the nation) on the field every game we have played. We have a 255 pound running back who is good enough to play at LSU. We also have another RB who was All State in Missouri and combines speed vision and power in a way that I have not seen in a while. Our passing game is sharp when we need it or choose to utilize it. Our QB has thrown 17 or 18 TD passes with only one interception and we have at least five receivers who possess excellent hands and a couple who can go the distance against anyone. Our offensive line is not big or small but get on you and block you enough to give our backs a chance to get loose. I think this game could be a great one with a great team winning and a great team losing. High school football fans will not want to miss this one.

I would agree that HC has not seen a team quite like HHS. I also doubt HHS has seen anyone with the size AND speed of Melrose either. Maplewood is big and physical but has nowhere near the speed of Melrose. Melrose was bigger and had more team speed than HC but we still won. I doubt HHS has faced anyone quite like HC either. This group is a team much like the way you descibe HHS.. This 2008 HC team is MUCH better than the one you beat in 2006 and better than the one Maplewood beat last year. Our defense is better especially the secondary. Our kicking game is better. Our offense is WAY better. We have had the fastest player (Urban Meyer wants him and he has said he wants Florida to be the fastest team in the nation) on the field every game we have played. We have a 255 pound running back who is good enough to play at LSU. We also have another RB who was All State in Missouri and combines speed vision and power in a way that I have not seen in a while. Our passing game is sharp when we need it or choose to utilize it. Our QB has thrown 17 or 18 TD passes with only one interception and we have at least five receivers who possess excellent hands and a couple who can go the distance against anyone. Our offensive line is not big or small but get on you and block you enough to give our backs a chance to get loose. I think this game could be a great one with a great team winning and a great team losing. High school football fans will not want to miss this one.

If that is all true then we are looking at basically carbon copies of talent. However, I would almost guarantee that Crutcher would take Teague in a 40 yard dash...possibly Jordan too...Teague and Gordon would be probably be an even race though from what I hear.

So basically, I take away from what you've said that this game will come down to coaching, I give Scott Blade and the Burros the edge in that department. Also, HHS has been battle tested a few more times than Henry County this year so I have to give them the edge in having a little more confidence in playing from behind when needed also. I agree should be a great game! Don't miss it if at all possible!

If that is all true then we are looking at basically carbon copies of talent. However, I would almost guarantee that Crutcher would take Teague in a 40 yard dash...possibly Jordan too...Teague and Gordon would be probably be an even race though from what I hear.

So basically, I take away from what you've said that this game will come down to coaching, I give Scott Blade and the Burros the edge in that department. Also, HHS has been battle tested a few more times than Henry County this year so I have to give them the edge in having a little more confidence in playing from behind when needed also. I agree should be a great game! Don't miss it if at all possible!

Is this track and field or football? Who cares about the 40 yard dash times. Give me football speed. Both teams have been tested enough so please stop talking about how many times HHS has been tested. I might add, though, that a couple of those battles HHS came out on the losing end. I would expect a much more loose football team in HC next week. I think last week will do wonders for their confidence. To go on the road and turn it over 3 of their first 5 possessions and still win against Melrose is phenomenal. I am not degrading HHS, but the environment there will feel like a family reunion compared to Melrose.

Is this track and field or football? Who cares about the 40 yard dash times. Give me football speed. Both teams have been tested enough so please stop talking about how many times HHS has been tested. I might add, though, that a couple of those battles HHS came out on the losing end. I would expect a much more loose football team in HC next week. I think last week will do wonders for their confidence. To go on the road and turn it over 3 of their first 5 possessions and still win against Melrose is phenomenal. I am not degrading HHS, but the environment there will feel like a family reunion compared to Melrose.

Okay, you want to talk about football speed. Alex Crutcher doesn't really lose any speed at all by putting on football pads. He is the only kid I've ever seen who really doesn't lose anything substantial from gym shorts to football pads. It is truly unbelievable to see.

Btw, I'm not interested in debating who has more athletes or who has faster athletes or who has beaten who, if that is what this thread is going to consist of the next few days I'll just wait until gameday to post again. I'm only interested in the game on friday and forget the games prior. I was merely making a comparison. I don't talk trash.

I am very impressed by Henry County beating Melrose (you can look back through this thread and see that) I am not trying to take away anything Henry County has done this year, but of course as an HHS supporter I believe HHS is the better team and has better coaches and will win the game, but I'm sure you feel the exact same way regarding Henry County. I'm not out to degrade Henry County. I know it will be a great game from two great teams, but please forgive me if I offend you by thinking HHS is better and won't be intimidated by Henry County beating every opponent they have faced this year except Melrose by 30-50 points. They are embracing the underdog role this year.

It will be a heavyweight fight on Friday night and whoever wins will have earned it. There likely will not be a blowout in either team's favor.