Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a neutral and unbiased fan, I was looking forward to this game all year long and it lived up to the hype for the most part. Two pretty darn even teams. Hillsboro just made more big plays when it counted and earned the win. Also, I have to say it was embarrassing for Hillsboro to be outnumbered at least 4 to 1 in fan support by the folks from Paris. In addition, the 2 (not 1?) PA announcers were pathetic and extremely obnoxious. And they continually played the same CD over and over before the game and at halftime. Could someone please purchase those guys another CD or two? As good of a football program as they have, it's too bad they can't get things together very well up there. It is not a very good place to watch a high school game at all. All that said, good luck to the Burros against the powerhouse from Maryville. I'll be rooting for you and it should be a great matchup.

Burro's did enought to win. Your fans should have stayed on your side.

I went to the game with no dog in the hunt just hoping to see a good game which I did. Got there extremely early 5:20, went in about 5:35 by 5:50 HC side was full and by 6:05 they had taken 1/3 of the Hillsboro side. Man ya'll travel well and love your team that's for sure, and you get loud too. Congrats to HC on a great season and good luck to Hillsboro in the Boro.

I went to the game with no dog in the hunt just hoping to see a good game which I did. Got there extremely early 5:20, went in about 5:35 by 5:50 HC side was full and by 6:05 they had taken 1/3 of the Hillsboro side. Man ya'll travel well and love your team that's for sure, and you get loud too. Congrats to HC on a great season and good luck to Hillsboro in the Boro.

Yea, everyone in HC came to this one...but our seats were all taken too...

I came up from Tullahoma to watch the game. Since we were in the same Region as Hillsboro, I've seen the Burros play many times. Henry Co's coach, Joe Gaddis, used to be the head coach at Tullahoma. It looked like Henry Co was much bigger in size than Hillsboro, but the Burros speed and the kicking game was the difference. For the last 3 years, Henry Co couldn't get past Hillsboro and Maplewood. Hillsboro plays a much tougher regular season schedule than Henry Co and it helps prepare the Burros for the state playoffs. I was impressed with the number of Henry Co fans that traveled from Paris to support the Patriots. I think Hillsboro has a good chance to beat Maryville, if they don't make too many mistakes.

As a neutral and unbiased fan, I was looking forward to this game all year long and it lived up to the hype for the most part. Two pretty darn even teams. Hillsboro just made more big plays when it counted and earned the win. Also, I have to say it was embarrassing for Hillsboro to be outnumbered at least 4 to 1 in fan support by the folks from Paris. In addition, the 2 (not 1?) PA announcers were pathetic and extremely obnoxious. And they continually played the same CD over and over before the game and at halftime. Could someone please purchase those guys another CD or two? As good of a football program as they have, it's too bad they can't get things together very well up there. It is not a very good place to watch a high school game at all. All that said, good luck to the Burros against the powerhouse from Maryville. I'll be rooting for you and it should be a great matchup.

Yep, such is the story for a Metro-Nashville Public School football program I'm afraid. Less financial backing, less fan support, etc. However, on the field, the football program is as good as they come.

Btw, I have to say that the announcers and that PA system did a WONDERFUL job of combatting the annoyance that was Henry County fans taking up half of the home bleachers and that darn air horn!

Congrats to Henry County on the season they played this year. Teague is the real deal and should make a great CB in college. 2008 just hasn't been a good year for football teams (regardless of level of play) named the Patriots once the postseason comes around.

I love that GIF /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GREAT GAME! HILLSBORO YOU ARE A D*** GOOD TEAM. I HOPE THAT YOU BEAT MARYVILLE, BEFORE THE TEAMS GET REALIGNED NEXT YEAR. HENRY COUNTY, GOOD JOB, ALTHOUGH YOU DIDN'T COME HOME WITH A WIN, YOU SHOWED CLASS AND SPORTSMANSHIP ALL YEAR. GO BIG RED/GO BIG GREEN AND YELLOW. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> JW

Well, i'ma play the Hillsboro roll they played against MBA, and say we lost cuz of injuries, because our starting left tackle was out of the game due to injuries! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Either way, Burros off to get raped by maryville in the burro!

LOL! Can you say "bitter"?

Btw, HHS didn't lose to MBA (or Franklin for that matter) "because" of injuries. However, it certainly could have had a different outcome if Corey Jordan (scored 2 TDs tonight against HC) and Alex Crutcher were fully healthy. That is hard to dispute I would think. Also, HHS's starting QB went down with an injury tonight against HC after the first series and didn't play the rest of the way. HHS wasn't exactly playing with a "stacked deck".

Congrats on a great season played Henry County! Teague is the real deal and will make a fine CB in college! 2008 has just been a bad year to play in the postseason as a team called the Patriots apparently....whether you are Henry County or New England.