Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

Well I in no part am trying to be classless and would agree that some of our fans can let their mouth overload there butts. I respected your team and give credit where it is due, but I take offense to the postings of several of your fans on here that call "all" Henry Countians classless just because we sat on your side. I also have not an will not insult your fans. Your facilities are not good but that does not take away from your team or coaching staff. They did a spectacular job. It is you who is throwing daggers. I truly wish your team luck they came to work last night and did what was necessary to beat a great team. Again, good luck in M'boro!

I didn't call Henry County fans classless. A HC fan decided to declare HHS fans classless. I apologized on behalf of those who were disrespectful and then mentioned the taunting from Henry County fans.

I believe the taking over half of the home bleachers was inappropriate though yes. Bring a lawn chair or stand on the track next time please and don't displace HHS fans by filling up a large portion of the home bleachers. HHS knows they have a small stadium.

Tell you what, next time.... maybe we should just sell tickets to HHS fans for Ed Hessey Gymnasium to watch a live video feed of their team play at home while we graciously allow Henry County fans to fill up both sides of the stadium to watch their team get beat by HHS. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure all teams have their share of classless fans but along with the ones that do things right. So whats Teague going to do now? does he play basketball or any other sports? What college is this kid most likely going to?

According to one of my friends that's good friends with him, he's 90% sure it's F-L-O-R-I-D-A... GO GATORS!

I'm sure all teams have their share of classless fans but along with the ones that do things right. So whats Teague going to do now? does he play basketball or any other sports? What college is this kid most likely going to?

I was thinking last night during the game what kind of speed and athleticism a college team would have if they signed Teague, Gordon, and Crutcher. Are you listening UTK? ALL THESE KIDS ARE IN-STATE KIDS! Not to mention, you've already signed Zach Rogers.

beating the HC fans err football team always feels great! i was really surprised with the unfolding of the game last night, expected more from HC given everything i heard about them. teague was great. i expected allen to have success running on a smaller HHS defense, not the case. i dont even know who the third head on the monster was supposed to be, but i didnt see him. this was definitely a one-man team as opposed to a three-headed monster.

teague's return at the end of the game showed great heart, in not giving up. im sure he has a bright future ahead of him.

good job burros. one final chance to take down maryville, it shouldnt be any other way. 4th times a charm!

I was thinking last night during the game what kind of speed and athleticism a college team would have if they signed Teague, Gordon, and Crutcher. Are you listening UTK? ALL THESE KIDS ARE IN-STATE KIDS! Not to mention, you've already signed Zach Rogers.

simple: if they sign on the same team...the team would be hard to beat

simple: if they sign on the same team...the team would be hard to beat

Could ya'll imagine a UTK team with Teague, Gordon, Crutcher, Zach Rogers and Tyler Maples on it? That is some serious athleticism all from INSIDE TN.

TN high school football isn't as good as other southern states overall, but it has it's share of elite players too. UTK just needs to make signing the best in-state talent a top recruiting priority.

I agree that the facilities were absolutely horrible..

I also agree that it's not classless to sit on the other bench when your entire side is filled a little more than an hour before kickoff.

However, I told some of the people around me that I was concerned when I seen about 3/4 of HC players with their helmets off standing around with their hands on their hips during pregame warmups while all of the HHS players had their helmets on and were getting psyched up. To me that just shows they had absolutely no edge.. if I were Gaddis there wouldn't be a helmet off until the game starts and you're on the sideline, and anyone who decided to show otherwise would run some sprints.

Not to take anything away from HHS, they definitely did what it took to win, but I believe 100% that if HCHS played to their ability and like they wanted it, it wouldn't have been a close game. Everything about HC seemed extremely slow last night...from getting the play calls in, to coming out from halftime, to the blockers, everything... I know I sound like an armchair quarterback, and I can only say what I see in retrospect, but it's my perception of what happened.

Also: I hate the horns that some of our fans brought. I hate it when it's at home games, and I agree that they were being especially rude with it for most of the game, and it was even getting on my nerves at some points.

As far as classy fans go? Yeah, I agree that the majority of HHS fans I seen were extremely classless, but some of our guys were embarassing me as well. It's not classy for your students to run in front of our fans with your flag.. at the beginning when ours ran over to your side, he stopped where they HC fans were.. On the other side, I thought it was extremely classless when someone threw a bottle at them.. they're just kids being kids.. Then at the end of the game, a bunch of HHS fans were walking in front of our crowd talking smack (yet again, classless) but I seen 40+ year old grown men from our side yelling obscenities and making comments like "Go on the other side of your field with your 20 fans" (also classless)... The thing that bothers me the most when these people are talking smack is that there are little 5-6 year old kids that pick up these habits and to me that's not the way you need to show kids how to be a good sport.

All in all it was a GREAT game even though we lost... HHS' 4-4-3 scheme worked VERY effectively, especially against the run... I was dissappointed in both fan bases, but at least we made the trip.

Good luck to HHS next week against Maryville.

Very observant comments and would sadly have to agree 100%

well, it's taken me awhile, but here goes...

HC: we didn't bring our A game; B+ at best. if the lines don't hold, have bad decision making, don't wrap-up tackles, throw interceptions, and do not capitalize on turnovers you're going to lose. that's what happened. it's not like we didn't have opportunities to change momentum, we did...but we didn't do a whole lot with it. our play calling was predictable, we didn't utilize a good passing game, and got stuffed running up the middle.

this will be our last chance to reach the finals for several years, i was hoping we'd at least make the game. but, overall it was a great season, record-setting, and showcased the best talent we've probably ever had at one time. i'm wondering if all the pressure was too much and that they got burned out near the end. you can only do something so much before you get tired of it.

as for "who will probably win state"...Maryville is going to be tough to beat. I'm not sure either HC or Hillsboro can beat them. Too much experience, excellent coaching, and tradition.

Good luck seniors, you were outstanding this year. I hope to watch at least two of you on Saturdays next fall.

I was not rooting for either team last night however i did go to the game. HC did not impress me very much and HHS did not have their best game either. I played against HHS this year and they played better against us than they did HC. HHS had 4 interceptions last night and still came out with the win. I believe that even if HC had played their A game. HHS would have still won. They are too fast to control in every position

well, it's taken me awhile, but here goes...

HC: we didn't bring our A game; B+ at best. if the lines don't hold, have bad decision making, don't wrap-up tackles, throw interceptions, and do not capitalize on turnovers you're going to lose. that's what happened. it's not like we didn't have opportunities to change momentum, we did...but we didn't do a whole lot with it. our play calling was predictable, we didn't utilize a good passing game, and got stuffed running up the middle.

this will be our last chance to reach the finals for several years, i was hoping we'd at least make the game. but, overall it was a great season, record-setting, and showcased the best talent we've probably ever had at one time. i'm wondering if all the pressure was too much and that they got burned out near the end. you can only do something so much before you get tired of it.

as for "who will probably win state"...Maryville is going to be tough to beat. I'm not sure either HC or Hillsboro can beat them. Too much experience, excellent coaching, and tradition.

Good luck seniors, you were outstanding this year. I hope to watch at least two of you on Saturdays next fall.

DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT HALF OF OUR "O" AND HALF OF OUR "D" ARE JUNIORS AND WE HAVE ALOT OF TALENTED PLAYERS COMING UP. SO DON'T LET THE FUTURE HC PLAYERS HEAR YOU SAY THAT THIS WAS THEIR LAST CHANCE FOR SEVERAL YEARS TO BE IN THE FINALS. GO BIG RED!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> JW