Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

IMO, we were disrespected with the band playing during "too hype", and during our offensive plays. THAT was classless in an otherwise classy game. Ya'll are the only school that we've gone up against who have lowered themselves to that level. Now, ya'll have a good band and it's loud, but show some courtesy. I was really waiting for the refs to throw a flag for the band playing during the plays (I was under the impression that was not suppose to be tolerated)

As far as I know our band has always played when the other team has the ball, that is part of the game. Heck, they even play when we have the ball sometimes, not always the smartest band, but they are always good. As far as classless goes, maybe they should have shown better judgement than playing during yall's pregame ritual, but I wasn't there for that, and otherwise I didn't see any classless things going on. It was an excellent atmosphere for highschool football and yall answered the bell each time we would pull close, and that is a mark of a great football team!!

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like it was a great game. Marion County had a good year,a little lucky, but a good year. I believe Marion will be a force next year, maybe even going all the way. I think Alcoa's run will end next year. They will beat Milan Friday. It sounds like Marion's fans are back along with the team. This is scary if anyone was around in the 90s. I believe everybody who plays Marion is a little worried now, including SP. Good season Warriors, hope we see you in the first or second round next year. Is #21 for Marion a junior, or a senior?

This will definitely be the end of our 2A run...we'll be 3A during the playoffs next year. We'll also be the 4th smallest school in 3A. It's not going to be easy, but we have a lot of key players coming back, and younger players eager and able to fill the seniors' shoes. The middle school had an undefeated season this year; I think most of the schools they played are much bigger than Alcoa. In the paper a couple of days ago they had pictures of the county all-star middle school football team, and I noticed some younger brothers of some of our players were there. Don't count us out yet! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This will definitely be the end of our 2A run...we'll be 3A during the playoffs next year. We'll also be the 3rd smallest school in 3A. It's not going to be easy, but we have a lot of key players coming back, and younger players eager and able to fill the seniors' shoes. The middle school had an undefeated season this year; I think most of the schools they played are much bigger than Alcoa. In the paper a couple of days ago they had pictures of the county all-star middle school football team, and I noticed some younger brothers of some of our players were there. Don't count us out yet! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Alcoa, no doubt, has a good thing going. I believe some 3a schools will play them better, and match up better. They should have moved up last year. There just isn't much competition in 2a for Alcoa.

Heard the same thing aaabbbooouuuttt 2 weeks ago!!! From these people!!! Just want them to feel the sting like we did!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

LOL glober You need to get your head out the hole from time to time.MC will never feel the sting that you call it. Unlike you we have some class.i would like to say Gratz to the MC men for a great season.As far as glober plz Keep your chin up there big guy ! lol /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Alcoa, no doubt, has a good thing going. I believe some 3a schools will play them better, and match up better. They should have moved up last year. There just isn't much competition in 2a for Alcoa.

We aren't moving up. This is with the reclassification. Here are some other schools who will also be 3A (who are 2A this year):

Happy Valley

Chuckey-Doak

Cumberland Gap

South Greene

Gatlinburg-Pittman

CAK

Loudon

Sweetwater

Tyner

Smith County

York

Goodpasture

Westmoreland

CPA

Lewis County

Milan

Westview

BT Washington

You can go to: http://tssaa.org/allclasses.pdf

for a complete list.

So, it's just a cut-down version of this year's 2A with a few 3A's from this year thrown in. No way should we have moved up this year; next year there are only 3 schools with fewer students: South Greene, Bledsoe (with only 2 less students), Oakhaven (2 fewer students). This is using the multiplier for the private schools, of course.

I for one wanted to see another td, but I knew Rankin would run the clock down and wouldn't run it in. IMO, we were disrespected with the band playing during "too hype", and during our offensive plays. THAT was classless in an otherwise classy game. Ya'll are the only school that we've gone up against who have lowered themselves to that level. Even Maryville (our bitter cross-town rival) had more class than that. The team and fans appeared to have class (other than that sick sounding siren!), it was the band who didn't. Now, ya'll have a good band and it's loud, but show some courtesy. I was really waiting for the refs to throw a flag for the band playing during the plays (I was under the impression that was not suppose to be tolerated), but the refs (for the most part) let the boys play.

And, it wasn't quiet into the half and 4th quarter where I was sitting. When the boys came out it was quiet (I'll give you that one), but that's no different than any other game. The boys come out focused for 2nd half warmups and have just been pumped up by the coaches. You have to remember that we've gotten really spoiled by being up by at least 2 touchdowns going into the 4th quarter. Of course ya'll gave us more than we were expecting; whoever says differently is lying. Definitely gave us a scare and earned our respect. Congrats on a great season! I fully expect ya'll to go at least this far next season if ya'll can keep the intensity up (I suspect ya'll can).

Again, thanks for the best game 2A we've been in all season and congrats on a great season!

AS FOR THAT SICK SOUNDING SIREN YOU CALL IT ......THAT BELONGS TO ONE OF THE FATHERS OF A MC PLAYER

(HE IS HANDICAPPED AND IN A WHEELCHAIR) HE NEVER MISSES A GAME RAIN OR SHINE....HE PROBABLY DOES ALOT MORE TO SUPPORT HIS TEAM THAN YOU HAVE EVER THOUGHT ABOUT DOING....... HOPE THAT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF ....YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT CLASS AND COURTESY ........ AS FOR THE BAND ..IF YOU ASK THE PLAYERS THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHEN THE BAND IS EVEN PLAYING... THEY SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON THE FOOTBALL GAME AT HAND......I MYSELF NEVER HEARD THEM WHEN I WAS PLAYING...........

AS FOR THAT SICK SOUNDING SIREN YOU CALL IT ......THAT BELONGS TO ONE OF THE FATHERS OF A MC PLAYER

(HE IS HANDICAPPED AND IN A WHEELCHAIR) HE NEVER MISSES A GAME RAIN OR SHINE....HE PROBABLY DOES ALOT MORE TO SUPPORT HIS TEAM THAN YOU HAVE EVER THOUGHT ABOUT DOING....... HOPE THAT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF ....YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT CLASS AND COURTESY ........ AS FOR THE BAND ..IF YOU ASK THE PLAYERS THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHEN THE BAND IS EVEN PLAYING... THEY SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON THE FOOTBALL GAME AT HAND......I MYSELF NEVER HEARD THEM WHEN I WAS PLAYING...........

Wow, you act like tornadogold was supposed to know that gentleman is handicapped or something, so don't go saying that he's classless just because he didn't know that he was handicapped. He wasn't being rude, seeing as he congratulated Marion different times for their effort. And, about the band playing maybe you're right the boys maybe couldn't hear it and maybe they weren't distracted by it, but us....you know, the FANS, not the PLAYERS could hear the band and for them to play during our pre-game ritual and continuously play while Alcoa had the ball is classless and I'm sure many fans of many different schools would agree with me, plus I thought it was not allowed. I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing to us if you heard our band playing at full blast the whole time Marion was on offense.

Wow, you act like tornadogold was supposed to know that gentleman is handicapped or something, so don't go saying that he's classless just because he didn't know that he was handicapped. He wasn't being rude, seeing as he congratulated Marion different times for their effort. And, about the band playing maybe you're right the boys maybe couldn't hear it and maybe they weren't distracted by it, but us....you know, the FANS, not the PLAYERS could hear the band and for them to play during our pre-game ritual and continuously play while Alcoa had the ball is classless and I'm sure many fans of many different schools would agree with me, plus I thought it was not allowed. I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing to us if you heard our band playing at full blast the whole time Marion was on offense.

I myself dont go to a football game just to hear the band play........honestly the only times I heard either band play was your band at the run thru and MC band at half time and the run thru........as for your pre game ritual I didnt know that the other teams were supposed to just sit and watch your team come out.... if I recall MC came out first ...while our fans were still cheering and playing ,alcoa came onto the field .....you make it sound like we were just supposed to stop cheering and playing because yall came out onto the field........

just my opinion....everybody has one

I myself dont go to a football game just to hear the band play........honestly the only times I heard either band play was your band at the run thru and MC band at half time and the run thru........as for your pre game ritual I didnt know that the other teams were supposed to just sit and watch your team come out.... if I recall MC came out first ...while our fans were still cheering and playing ,alcoa came onto the field .....you make it sound like we were just supposed to stop cheering and playing because yall came out onto the field........

just my opinion....everybody has one

1. I wasn't talking about when the teams ran out...it should be loud on both sides for that. I was talking about during the warm-ups; during "Too Hype".

2. As for 2old2play's comment: I work with handicapped people every day, and I know that they don't want to be treated any differently than anybody else. The siren sounded sick...if the gentleman is handicapped and can't afford one, somebody step up and buy one for him! I feel fine about myself, thank you very much!