Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whow guys..what a season this has been. Coming from the fan perspective we could not have been more proud last night. The opportunites were there for you to just lay down and quit but the thought never entered your mind. With all the grit and determination you continued to pound away letting the Tornados know that the Warriors were in the house and that you ment business. No the outcome was not what we wanted but also the outcome was not what Alcoa expected. They expected to play a bunch of kids that just got lucky to be there and they were fooled.. They played a bunch of fine young men that worked hard, were determined and were conditioned for such a game. After we got home I had a hard time going to sleep, not mad or upset about loosing, but just thinking about what the guys must be feeling, hoping they were not thinking they let their teamates down, their families or community down. You didn't boys, you didn't. Then my mind got to wondering around the fact of the pressure and stress that they must have felt going into this game. Being compared to the "team of the 90's", the pressure to continue on, do well, to please us the fans..I got to feeling kind of bad. Thats alot for a kid to handle.

Something that I have noticed about our boys is that we played very good team ball. None of this "all about me" stuff was seen this year and I contribute that to our coaching staff. Coach Boeck and staff are the finest in the county, in my opinion, and I am glad that we have someone that is concerned about my kids first and football second. Something else that I think has not been mentioned, but as the saying goes, behind every great coach is a great woman, and Coach Boeck has a fine lady standing by his side. I have never seen Dr. Boeck with a frown on her face, always cheerful, polite and caring about everyone else. You made a fine choice Coach Boeck.

As we hate to see our great ride end it's time to unload from the train and say our farewells. I don't personally know alot of the seniors so please don't take this as I am being selective..just speaking to those that I know. CM, you are a fine young man that I have seen grow and mature. You have no reason to hang your head. You are part of the reason this team as journeyed this far. YOu are more than welcome in my home at anytime for a bowl of chili and games with my kids..you are now know to Trent as "my buddy that plays games with me." Come anytime our door will always be open.

Goat...lord boy have you have grown. You are a good kid and have always played your heart out with everything that you do. You have made your parents and brother so proud. Keep pushing forward but just remember in basketball you can't tackle...that will certainly get you a foul...lol

Helm..u may not know this but I remember when you were born..(dating myself here). You have a great family that loves and supports you, not alot of kids have what you do and I hope that you realize that. I know that you and your family took alot of heat when you made the move here..We are so glad you made the move and never looked back. You are a great athelete, one that never quits and stays pumped. Take time to rethink what your gonna do with the rest of your school year. As Coach said...glad we saw you play a few downs....lol

And to those that I didn't mention....thank you for such a wonderful season. It has been a dream come true for us as well..something that we have wished for a very long time. Just remember, as everyone was talking this season about the past, one day there will be a group of kids come through MCHS and say...You know back in 2008 that team brought life back to Marion County Football. They were not suppose to be top contenders, they weren't huge, have D1 prospects but man they played as a team, they loved the game and played with all their heart and left it out on the field........... and we can do the same.

This year without realizing it...you became legends.

I feel honored that some of you feel comfortable enough with me to lay your head and cry. I have always celebrated with you and I will always be there when you need comfort. I may not be your mama but I love yall like you were my own. If you ever need anything...Ryan and I are always here for you.

Thanks boys....hopefully I will see you in class soon...Kim

WELL IT COULDNT HAVE BEEN SAID ANY BETTER THAN THAT MRS. GB

I THINK THAT ANY ONE THAT READS THIS WILL AGREE 100% .. IF YOU FOLLOW THE PURPLE..... I CANT WAIT TILL MINE GETS THERE TO FOLLOW IN SOME OF THOSE FOOTSTEPS........ HE CANT WAIT EITHER... HE HAS BEEN MORE EXCITED OVER THIS SEASON AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL THAN EVER BEFORE, ONE BECAUSE OF THE SEASON THEY HAD THERE, TWO: BECAUSE OF COACH BOECK COMING OVER AND WATCHING AND LETTING THEM KNOW THAT HE CARES ABOUT THAT PROGRAM ALSO..... THAT HAS MEANT ALOT TO ALL THOSE PLAYERS AND PARENTS...THANK YOU FOR THAT COACH B... I THINK YOU WILL SEE THE NUMBERS OF PLAYERS GO UP GREATLY BECAUSE OF THE EXCELLENT COACHING JOB AND THE CARING OF THE COACHING STAFF........

THANKS FOR A UNFORGETTABLE SEASON..........................................................................

Like he said we played them very hard for most of the game. We just made to many mistakes to win. A play here or there and it could have been a different story. Anyway congrats to Alcoa for playing a great game. I wasn't very happy with their coach trying to score in the end but its what ever. Im proud to have been apart of this 2009 class and I am very proud of our seniors. Yes Martin, MARION COUNTY FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR!!!

We just ran the ball. What's wrong with that? If we wanted to score I believe we could have. Good game Marion!

Hey VF5 - They may be referring to the timeout taken to recognize the seniors.

For those that don't know, the last couple of years Alcoa has painted the seniors numbers on the field along the Alcoa sideline. They stand there with their families during Senior Night. At the end of each of the home playoff games after that Coach Rankin calls a timeout to have the kids go stand on their number and let the Alcoa crowd have another chance to applaud for these kids. I'm sure Coach Rankin means no disrespect for the opponent.

We just ran the ball. What's wrong with that? If we wanted to score I believe we could have. Good game Marion!

I did not post prior to this game because I firmly believe in playing first and talking last. My two cents on your post:

We put in the second unit and ran the ball the whole way the last four minutes. I find it quite funny how they have talked about giving us all we wanted but then cry about the Alcoa SECOND unit driving the ball down their FIRST D's throat while running out the clock. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Teams that "are back to fomer glory" as claimed herein do not ask for mercy. Just as many teams before them, MC learned Alcoa is lot better than they thought....just ask their coach or see his comments in the local newspaper this morning.

To MC fans, good luck next year. You will have a good team to build on next year. But remember, true champions do not cry about the small things...like second units running out the clock. They make sure it does not happen in the first place!

I did not post prior to this game because I firmly believe in playing first and talking last. My two cents on your post:

We put in the second unit and ran the ball the whole way the last four minutes. I find it quite funny how they have talked about giving us all we wanted but then cry about the Alcoa SECOND unit driving the ball down their FIRST D's throat while running out the clock. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Teams that "are back to fomer glory" as claimed herein do not ask for mercy. Just as many teams before them, MC learned Alcoa is lot better than they thought....just ask their coach or see his comments in the local newspaper this morning.

To MC fans, good luck next year. You will have a good team to build on next year. But remember, true champions do not cry about the small things...like second units running out the clock. They make sure it does not happen in the first place!

DONT YOU THINK THE CLASSY THING TO HAVE DONE WITH LESS THAN A MINUTE WOULD HAVE BEEN TAKE A KNEE.... WITH THE GAME IN HAND.... SURE THE SECOND UNIT.. AS YOU SAY .. SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE THE BALL ON THE MARION DEFENSE ..MARIONS DEFENSE HAD PLAYED FOUR TOUGH QUARTERS OF BALL.. NOT STANDING ON THE SIDE LINE THE WHOLE GAME GO FIGURE..........AND I DONT THINK ANYONE IS CRYING JUST STATING FACT.....................

I want to put in my two cents on the class of the Alcoa Coaching staff. A couple of years ago our Coach, Bill Young, was coaching his last game against Alcoa. With the game well in hand Coach Rankin called a time out with about 10 seconds to go in the game. Along with his Captains he presented the game ball to our coach. Peolpe can think or say what they want, my son plays for CAK and I enjoy the fans as well as the level of play that Alcoa brings to the field.