Oakland @ Ooltewah

ImaOWL

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come watch the game this friday and then decide, you can take away at least 14 pts off that 100 point total that were given up by the 2nd team defense at the end of the game against other teams first O

Oakland may not win, but their 107 includes a 4 OT game vs smyrna, plus any points scored against their 2nd team as well....either way, looks like both teams have good defenses. Better football is played in Region 4 however. Go Pats!

Best defense in the state? Region 4-5A is tuffer and Oaklands D dominated and nearly shut out the back 2 back state champs! We have the best defense in the state.Ooltewah has gven up 100 points this year and Oakland has given up 107. Both have great defenses .

Oakland-10

Ooltewah-7

Oakland played one more game than Ooltewah. Both teams are very tough defensively.

YOu can also take away 14 pounts that Maplewood scored on Owls special teams and INT return... Haha..

Special teams and int points allowed are totally different that OT points, on a 10 yard field. come on surely you understand that equals nearly an entire game. 4 possession from the opponents 10. Heck we could talk about defensive points scored too, but not going to. But anyway, we will find out friday night. Region 4 plays the better football, doesn't mean we will win Friday night, but most people around the state would agree with that.

Look Reg. 4 is always a tough region!!!!! No one has said that they are bad... Look Reg. 4 has more state championship rings then reg. 2 so that??™s it.... But as far as this year. I really don't think so... I believe if Farragut was in reg. 4 they would be playing the Owls not Oakland... Oakland beat a tough Smyrna team that has lost 4 games... Saw highlights from the Oakland game and I have had the privilege to watch one of their games. They have a great defense. They fly to the ball very well. I think this will be a close game until one of the two defenses get tired. Oakland has a good size O line and a Good size D line but Ooltewah's D line is NASTY!! Very quick and stunt like crazy. The Oakland QB will have to throw short passes all night bc we will get to him in a hurry.. This year as a fan I have seen some of the best open field tackling for Ooltewah Owls in a long time. It also looks like Coach Henderson and has changed the way the owls play... Their conditioning is out standing.. Years ago the Owls were dead at 4th quarter...now the other team is having trouble keeping up with our O line...This game will be won by the team that makes the least mistakes not by rushing yards or passing yards... Field position will be a key.... Hope both teams are healthy and I would like to see both of the teams A games.... Good luck

Go Owls

Look Reg. 4 is always a tough region!!!!! No one has said that they are bad... Look Reg. 4 has more state championship rings then reg. 2 so that??™s it.... But as far as this year. I really don't think so... I believe if Farragut was in reg. 4 they would be playing the Owls not Oakland... Oakland beat a tough Smyrna team that has lost 4 games... Saw highlights from the Oakland game and I have had the privilege to watch one of their games. They have a great defense. They fly to the ball very well. I think this will be a close game until one of the two defenses get tired. Oakland has a good size O line and a Good size D line but Ooltewah's D line is NASTY!! Very quick and stunt like crazy. The Oakland QB will have to throw short passes all night bc we will get to him in a hurry.. This year as a fan I have seen some of the best open field tackling for Ooltewah Owls in a long time. It also looks like Coach Henderson and has changed the way the owls play... Their conditioning is out standing.. Years ago the Owls were dead at 4th quarter...now the other team is having trouble keeping up with our O line...This game will be won by the team that makes the least mistakes not by rushing yards or passing yards... Field position will be a key.... Hope both teams are healthy and I would like to see both of the teams A games.... Good luck

Go Owls

Won't be that much passing on Oaklands part. They run right at you by committee. They have 4 talented running backs that run the ball so it is hard to key on just one or two.

I look for this game to be VERY low scoring with the D's dominating the game. Anyone who is looking for a high scoring game is out of luck on this one.

Now can anybody tell me why there is two almost identical threads on this one game? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />