Oakland @ Ooltewah

ImaOWL

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look Reg. 4 is always a tough region!!!!! No one has said that they are bad... Look Reg. 4 has more state championship rings then reg. 2 so that??™s it.... But as far as this year. I really don't think so... I believe if Farragut was in reg. 4 they would be playing the Owls not Oakland... Oakland beat a tough Smyrna team that has lost 4 games... Saw highlights from the Oakland game and I have had the privilege to watch one of their games. They have a great defense. They fly to the ball very well. I think this will be a close game until one of the two defenses get tired. Oakland has a good size O line and a Good size D line but Ooltewah's D line is NASTY!! Very quick and stunt like crazy. The Oakland QB will have to throw short passes all night bc we will get to him in a hurry.. This year as a fan I have seen some of the best open field tackling for Ooltewah Owls in a long time. It also looks like Coach Henderson and has changed the way the owls play... Their conditioning is out standing.. Years ago the Owls were dead at 4th quarter...now the other team is having trouble keeping up with our O line...This game will be won by the team that makes the least mistakes not by rushing yards or passing yards... Field position will be a key.... Hope both teams are healthy and I would like to see both of the teams A games.... Good luck

Go Owls

You just summed it up. If your region is "tougher" but our region is getting all the rings what matters in the end? the rings or the tougher region? THE RINGS MATTER MORE and like you said we have more. Not taking anything away from your region but ours top to bottom is tougher. The fact that u think Farragut would come in region4 and win is ludacris. Farragut would lose to WC ,siegel,Smyrna and region champs Oakland. Be realistic and say they would make the region even more tough instead of saying they would win it. Oakland didnt just beat Smyrna , they beat the back 2 back state champs. Yes they lost 5games on the season but for a new head coach to come in and take them to the quarterfinals is rare. You're talking like Smyrna is the worst team in our region. They lost 3games in our region to only two teams(oakland and siegel).

a-Close game until either defense gets tired..

b- Oakland has a good size O line and a Good size D line but Ooltewah's D line is NASTY!! Very quick and stunt like crazy. The Oakland QB will have to throw short passes all night bc we will get to him in a hurry..

First our defense doesnt get tired. Remember our defense on a goal line stand in 4 ot? remember our defense putting siegel away? remember our defense almost shutting smyrna out friday night? They dont get tired and its like pop-pop-pop-pop the way they get to the ball. You will never see one player making a tackle even if its a sack. You will see 2-4 defenders each time. Nasty d-line? cant get much nastier then McAdoo,Amey,Summers,Derrek Barret,Chaz Petrone,and Demarco Boykin.

Actually you making us dump it off to the backs plays in our favor. Giving our backs the ball in the open field is not what you want and we will manage this game just like the Smyrna game. I promise you our d-line let alone our defense wont have a problem keeping up with your o-line. We have three 315 pound guys that clog the holes,swarm the backs, and just sit on the QB and i mean that literally! lol

Well then Lost Old Dad that isn't good for Oakland. Ooltewah has the best run defense I have ever seen at the high school level. Running the ball has worked for no one against Ooltewah, and if thats Oakland's strength, Then I like the Owls.

How is it not? Ooltewah hasnt faced 5 big tuff running backs this year on one team. They might have the best uve seen but u might need glasses. Oakland is #1 in opp yrd per game not Ooltewah. It hasnt worked for anyone youve faced but Oaklands running game is key and is a reason why we won our region. Your region doesnt have a team with 5 running backs and is why Ooltewah shut down the run keying on 1-2 backs. Oaklands strength is our entire team not just one aspect. So plan on stopping the entire offense and blocking the entire defense and punting it out of the hands of B.J Nelson!

Oakland played one more game than Ooltewah. Both teams are very tough defensively.

which makes my point why our defense is tougher. we've played more games!

I don't know about Region 4 but i know that Region 2-5A is pretty dang tough. All of the Region 2 teams beat the Region 1 teams in the first round of the playoffs. Including the 4 seed McMinn County beating highly ranked Dobyns Bennet.

Seems like a pretty tough region to me.

McMinn and others are tough but top to bottom region 4 is the toughest

The key to winning will be the mental game. The physical aspect will take care of itself. Both teams are strong defensively, and if there are no injuries I expect a great battle between the two teams.

Get ready mentally guys, its win or go home. Gonna be a game down to the buzzer. All the Owls fans will be on their feet making some noise.

OHS -----OWLS win by a field goal.

Go OWLS!!!!

By the way, the cheerleaders, dancers, band and Refs have all been doing a fabulous job of motivating the crowd. Keep up the good work! We need more shakers and pompoms this week /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />