Editing Hall of Champions Final Scores

CoachT

I could use some help on this. A few schools count their Hall of Fame losses but the large majority do not. If you KNOW your school does NOT count the losses then here is how PLUS members can edit those scores:

Since the winning team counts them and the losing team does not the game has to show on one schedule but not on the other. To do that, go to the G beside the game on the schedule and click Edit. Then take the losing team out of the pulldown menu selection and TYPE IN the school name in the very next blank. This keeps our database from tracking the losing team but still credits the winning team with the win.

For example, if Team A beats Team B- do not change anything about Team A but select the blank space at the top of the pull-down menu for Team B. Then type in Team B in the space just below that.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches have plenty of time to look at combinations in the summer and in scrimmages. The losses will have no impact on how you play at tournament time, so be men and women about it and take your loss with class! I have little respect for the grandstanders and record padders who don't.

Amen...Coachh17...I certainly agree...

If they play them, they should count them. I believe it is spineless not to count the losses just because the rule says you do not have to.

What about the coaches that WIN and DON'T count them? I know of quite a few that haven't counted them, win or lose, since the inception of the HOF games.

They're are not scrimmages, more like exhibition or preseason games.

Just a way to generate some gate $$$ until the majority of football games are over.

I personally think that noone should count them, but, just goes to show that they really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Many people think because TSSAA originally stated that the games "won't count against your schedule" that the games don't count in the win-loss columns.

If you play 4 quarters, pay the refs, have to put the game on TSSAA schedule, take up admission and sell popcorn.........IT'S A GAME AND IT COUNTS!

And last I heard, the gate goes completely to TSSAA. They won't even let you pay the refs out of the gate receipts.

Many people think because TSSAA originally stated that the games "won't count against your schedule" that the games don't count in the win-loss columns.

If you play 4 quarters, pay the refs, have to put the game on TSSAA schedule, take up admission and sell popcorn.........IT'S A GAME AND IT COUNTS!

And last I heard, the gate goes completely to TSSAA. They won't even let you pay the refs out of the gate receipts.

Most regular season or tournament games won't have a team playing 3 games in less than 24 hours. We played 3 games this weekend in less than 24 hours. We played the 8pm game on Friday, the 12:00pm on Saturday and then the 6pm on Saturday. The team that we played at 6 had 24 hours of rest between games due to a team they were playing saturday morning dropping out. The set up is like a play day during the summer or scrimmage play days. Why so many people get upset over it. To each his/her own. It will not matter in March. Be safe and many blessings to all this season.

It will not matter in March.

I know Bartlett had 3 different starting line ups (5 if you count lineup changes at halftime) in three games in 22 hours and ENDED all three games with different line ups. Most teams (that are incorporating new players) have not put in all their presses, press breakers, last second shot situations etc etc with their newcomers and freshmen.

In addition: on Saturday, BHS had players not in attendance due to their annual Winter Ball (however ??“ BHS still won both games on that day).

My point is this: some teams play under less desirable circumstances to get minutes on the floor but would not schedule themselves in that function if they were not using the event as a pre-season learning opportunity.

I can see both sides of the argument. Maybe we should call the games: PRE-SEASON Hall of Fame and NONE of them should count.

Either way it goes??¦.. NO ONE REMEMBERS PRE-SEASON??¦??¦..

Go 14AAA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have asked a question to one of the TSSAA BOC members: when are they going to build the Hall of Fame? I'll let you know when I get an answer.

HAHAHA......CoachT, we will be long gone before that happens! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> They have been having these games for somewhere around 8 years now. How much does this HOF cost?