DII State Championships Played on a Tuesday

WarriorFan

When the TSSAA saw there was a MTSU conflict to play the game on Saturday, why not call Vanderbilt?

Vandy is out of town this Saturday, great way to promote the university and the athletic intramural department.

The Liberty Bowl would work except of Memphis home game.

How about the Titan stadium this past Saturday?

Heck play the game Sunday night at MTSU after Titan game.

Middle of the week, middle of the day is a disgrace to DII teams.

No TV coverage is a disgrace to DII teams.

Yeap Rodney....."No respect"!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B100 I understand the point you making but most schools across the state are OUT on Wednesday. Gallatin used to get out early for away games that went past the mid state. I do however wish TSSAA would at least broadcast the games so people like me who enjoy High School Football could at least view the game without having to go to the Boro.

I agree, but it goes past the kids not having school on Wed.....what about parents that cannot get off work to go to the game to see their kid? Most folks are out of personal time off at work by November. in hard times like these, some parents may be on the bubble of losing their jobs and it would not be in their best interests to pull a "sick day".

I do have a solution....let the TSSAA pull this stunt on DI schools and see how fast it gets changed. How about it if DI 1A, 2A and 3A plays on the following Tuesday starting at 1pm, then on Wednesday, let 4A and 5A start playing at 3pm.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Equal treatment should be the protocol. If this happened, there wouldn't be any takers for TV rights, as it would be during the middle of a work day!

That being said, wave88....I do wish they would at least broadcast it on the radio.....wait...that is a good question......

Are the DII State Championships being broadcast on the radio?

When the TSSAA saw there was a MTSU conflict to play the game on Saturday, why not call Vanderbilt?

Vandy is out of town this Saturday, great way to promote the university and the athletic intramural department.

The Liberty Bowl would work except of Memphis home game.

How about the Titan stadium this past Saturday?

Heck play the game Sunday night at MTSU after Titan game.

Middle of the week, middle of the day is a disgrace to DII teams.

No TV coverage is a disgrace to DII teams.

Yeap Rodney....."No respect"!

Shakin...I agree...the TSSAA knew there would be a conflict YEARS AGO....college schedules are made years in advance. This decision is totally political. They knew a long time ago what they were doing to DII kids. The TSSAA does not deserve being represented by DII teams. Please go read my post that was bannished to purgatory (public-private debate board). There are plenty of opportunities to play this game on a weekend.

I do have a solution....let the TSSAA pull this stunt on DI schools and see how fast it gets changed. How about it if DI 1A, 2A and 3A plays on the following Tuesday starting at 1pm, then on Wednesday, let 4A and 5A start playing at 3pm.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Equal treatment should be the protocol. If this happened, there wouldn't be any takers for TV rights, as it would be during the middle of a work day!

Be careful you are bumping up on "P" vs "P" discussion.

I agree, but it goes past the kids not having school on Wed.....what about parents that cannot get off work to go to the game to see their kid? Most folks are out of personal time off at work by November. in hard times like these, some parents may be on the bubble of losing their jobs and it would not be in their best interests to pull a "sick day".

That being said, wave88....I do wish they would at least broadcast it on the radio.....wait...that is a good question......

Are the DII State Championships being broadcast on the radio?

Shakin...I agree...the TSSAA knew there would be a conflict YEARS AGO....college schedules are made years in advance. This decision is totally political. They knew a long time ago what they were doing to DII kids. The TSSAA does not deserve being represented by DII teams. Please go read my post that was bannished to purgatory (public-private debate board). There are plenty of opportunities to play this game on a weekend.

Brandon, go to the following website. If I am reading it correctly they will have a free webcast of the DII games as they are being played. http://www.thssn.net/events.aspx?sport=football

Be careful you are bumping up on "P" vs "P" discussion.

Walking on eggshells..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I really want to hear others' opinions, so outside of a little moderation....I am stepping out. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Brandon, go to the following website. If I am reading it correctly they will have a free webcast of the DII games as they are being played. http://www.thssn.net/events.aspx?sport=football

Thank you for posting this THS....You are right.....if you notice, though, all the other games are PPV because of TV. The DII games are free because they have no TV. Not equal treatment for DII. It is amazing the TN High School Network shuns a TV broadcast (really a webcast) for DII teams that are televised nationally on ESPN, with the HIGHEST ratings in the country for games played this year AND are some of the top rated teams in the country....

This just ain't right...... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Thank you for posting this THS....You are right.....if you notice, though, all the other games are PPV because of TV. The DII games are free because they have no TV. Not equal treatment for DII.

That's true but it's better than no coverage at all. Especially for fans and family members that may not be able to make it to the game because of the awkwardly scheduled time. I'm still skeptical on whether or not the D1 games will be broadcast in my area. In Northeast TN will get the regional broadcast of CSS so we may get them or we may get the Alabama games.

I agree, I would like to see the Brentwood Academy and MUS game televised. It appears like someone would be interested in broadcasting it.

Maybe there is a plan at the TSSAA puzzle palace to push DII schools to a NEW governing association.

Maybe they are tired of DII hassles.

If the TSSAA really wants to promote high school football in Tennessee they are surely going in the wrong direction when it comes to scheduling the DII State Championship Football games on Tuesday.

Obviously it is about the $10 admission ticket or the games would be televised.

Televise the games and forget about gate money.

By the way, my kids school starts at 730 Wednesday.

I have a flight to catch at 6am on Wednesday and I'm so looking foward to the I-24 raceway this Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks for the support Ronnie!!!

Maybe there is a plan at the TSSAA puzzle palace to push DII schools to a NEW governing association.

Maybe they are tired of DII hassles.

If the TSSAA really wants to promote high school football in Tennessee they are surely going in the wrong direction when it comes to scheduling the DII State Championship Football games on Tuesday.

Obviously it is about the $10 admission ticket or the games would be televised.

Televise the games and forget about gate money.

By the way, my kids school starts at 730 Wednesday.

I have a flight to catch at 6am on Wednesday and I'm so looking foward to the I-24 raceway this Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks for the support Ronnie!!!

The TSSAA knew about the scheduling conflict YEARS ago, as when they signed contracts for the use of MTSU's stadium, MTSU's games were already planned. College schedules are not done year to year. They (TSSAA) knew of this scheduling conflict 2-4 years ago if not longer....we the people find out about these things year to year. If you put Ronnie Carter on the stand, he would have to say he knew about this WAY before the season began...WE PLEBES find out about it as the playoffs start...... /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />