DII State Championships Played on a Tuesday

WarriorFan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say that I agree with Brandon but I do. It is not a big deal if it doesn't happen to YOUR school.

Also, I have said it before and I will say it again. Televising the D1 championship games in football and basketball and not the D2 games is a travesty.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I hate to say it, but I agree with Indian. The dates were known before the season started. Now at the 11th hour some DII fans want to throw a temper tantrum.

Why wasn't everyone complaining in August????

There was complaining but as soon as the regular season ended the playoff teams knew they might have a Tuesday game. It's not like they're finding out a day prior to the event.

If there was money to be made or sponsors wanting to foot the bill I'm sure the games would be televised.

Some super secret little birdie told me...that all TSSAA really does is sit around and plot the demise of DII sports. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry couldn't help myself, but really some of the posters sound like conspiracy theorist.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I hate to say it, but I agree with Indian. The dates were known before the season started. Now at the 11th hour some DII fans want to throw a temper tantrum.

Why wasn't everyone complaining in August????

There was a lot of complaining in August. Just a little more relevant now.

Brandon100's use of bold, colors and large font notwithstanding, I don't think I'd call this a tember tantrum. I guess when it doesn't effect your team MVM, it's easy to see it as no big deal, but as someone who will be leaving work early on Tueday and fighing through traffic to make kick off, it does kind of stink (and by the way, I think Brandon's use of bold, colors and large font was in response to the topic being moved and he's right - it belongs here)

The championshp game for Div 2 class A & AA should be held at the same time the Div 1 champs are played on the same weekend. George Plaster, Mark Howard or whoever would just have to work a couple of extra games. Sure would beat watching another Crime scene show or reality garbage...

In 2009, Div 2 - A will be increasing from 8 to a total of 22 schools that play football. This will make for better competition both during the season & in the playoffs. I realize that it's because of the current limited numbers of these small privates, but the existing playoff format of being in the state championship game by only having to win one or two playoff games is ridiculous.

If DI State championships were today (Monday) at 1pm and 5pm, then tommorrow (Tuesday) the other 3 games played 1pm, 4pm, and 7pm, this thread would be huge.

Back in August, fans and supporters were worried about week 0 not the State Championship.

As the DII teams edged closer to SUPER TUESDAY, 3 weeks ago, you concentrate on week to week.

Now you are there and it finally sets in.

Again, I'm not going NUTS, I'm just see how the TSSAA treats DII as the "red-headed step child".

DII fans and supporters are going to show up one way or another. They showed up in Alabama, Ohio, Mississippi and other parts of the nation this year

Don't cha know Sarah........Greer has a baseball diamond in the middle of the field.

There is approximately 5 feet from the backline of the endzone into the home dugout.

What "insurance details"? Cheaper to insure on weekday vs. weekend.

Don't cha think the Titan fans would care if the games were changed to Tuesday at 2pm?

What about Vandy playing at 4pm on Thursday next year, don't cha think you would hear from the fans?

I do think the fans care what day?

THIS IS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME(S), play them on nights that normal high football games are played.

I guess the TSSAA offices are closed for Tuesday so WHAT'S the BIG DEAL?

HEY EINSTIEN

GREER is a baseball stadium but Father Ryan calls it home

Hoover High ( Alabama powerhouse,National powerhouse ) play at a minor league baseball field

uhmmm lets see NFL Dolphins, and until few years back Chargers, steelers, Eagles,49 ers played in ball field

I take it you dont know too much about insurance AS I WAS talking about, its not that easy to get up and find a field to host, becasue as we all know each field does require a certain kind of insurance (not to do with tues of Friday game )

ahhh hello you are not the titans not even vandy ,( lets see the music city bowl is played on a non holiday day in the the afternoon...... its a championship game dont ya think any of the high school players whom cleared out thier lockers would love the chance to play for a championship on a tuesday at 400-

call in sick from work if its an issue.....

HEY EINSTIEN

GREER is a baseball stadium but Father Ryan calls it home

Hoover High ( Alabama powerhouse,National powerhouse ) play at a minor league baseball field

uhmmm lets see NFL Dolphins, and until few years back Chargers, steelers, Eagles,49 ers played in ball field

I take it you dont know too much about insurance AS I WAS talking about, its not that easy to get up and find a field to host, becasue as we all know each field does require a certain kind of insurance (not to do with tues of Friday game )

ahhh hello you are not the titans not even vandy ,( lets see the music city bowl is played on a non holiday day in the the afternoon...... its a championship game dont ya think any of the high school players whom cleared out thier lockers would love the chance to play for a championship on a tuesday at 400-

call in sick from work if its an issue.....

FRHS hates playing at GREER, Fans hate it too. It is dangerous for the players, not sure what type of insurance needed for the HOME dugout injury?

Music City Bowl is played during a Holiday week. People are on vacation and kids out of school.

NFL teams could propbably play somewhere else but CHOOSE to play on a baseball diamond due to more money.

You are right about the players, even though there is school the next day.

But since I'm setting the example for my kids, they will be able to call in SICK!!!!!!!!!!!