N2Choctaws

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer Co.

CJ and Yarbrough had 20, Justin WIlliamson had 13, and Jon Hudson had 12

For Union City

Simpson had 29, BJ Marshall had 13, and Antonio Cox had 12....

This is the 3rd straight loss for the Tornadoes the first time thats happened since the 2002-2003 season.....

yankees, I'm not too sure about 3pt %.....if I hear I'll post

DC outscores UC 42 to 23 in the second half. Sounds like DC made the necessary adjustments and shut UC down after half time.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final

DC 30 13 26 16 85

UC 28 21 10 13 72

Dyer Co.

CJ and Yarbrough had 20, Justin WIlliamson had 13, and Jon Hudson had 12

For Union City

Simpson had 29, BJ Marshall had 13, and Antonio Cox had 12....

This is the 3rd straight loss for the Tornadoes the first time thats happened since the 2002-2003 season.....

yankees, I'm not too sure about 3pt %.....if I hear I'll post

Thanks....again, appreciate the updates.

yankees....The Tornadoes hit 7 3's in the first half but was 0-11 in the second half.....I'm not sure about DC...UC cut the lead in the 4th quarter at one time to 71-66 and had the ball with about 5 mins left but missed the 3-ball and didn't get any closer after that...After their perfromance Tuesday night I was pleasantly surprised with their effort tonite, especially in the first half....This team will get better as the year goes on and will not be a fun match-up in the tournaments..They still need more kids to step up with Simpson and Marshall...BJ was way off his average tonite and that didn't help any....

Well...it was interesting. Had a very vocal UC fan behind me the whole game....he favorite phrase was...."Uncoordinated...DC just uncoordinated"....every 5 seconds for the whole first half. Wasn't as vocal the second half /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I see UC getting better as sseason progresses. Same for DC...their youth shows at times. Man Yarborough is something else...gonna be unbelievable by his senior year. CJ...well he just makes things happen. Saw improvements in Big Ced the last 2 games. Hudson played some good defense tonight.Some bizarre reffing at times but all is good. I see the score being different if CJ had been in more...as with Rex. Met chipperjones tonight...good to meet you!!

Congrats to the Choctaws tonite. The turning point in the game was in the third quarter. Dyer County out scored Union City 26-10. Dyer County never looked back after gaining the lead in the third quarter. CJ & Yarbrough had 20 points each for a great night of shooting. Hudson had 12, Williamson 13 and Pierce had 9. Not bad for a team with two freshmen , a sophomore and two seniors. Keep up the good work fellas you are making us proud. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

...So was Rex Pierce for us...that didn't help us any either.

only negative thing i really saw from dc tonight (my first time to see them this year) is that it seemed liked all the players were only concerned with scoring their own points. not alot of unselfish plays... i really expected for cj to have alot more assists than he did but he shot every time he got in the lane instead... he did have one really nice cross though he made one of union city's players fall lol... ha seemed like the refs were just determined to foul out big ced from the beginning... i will say this. i've never seen a player play harder than simpson from union city. half of his points came off of him just flat out wanting the ball more than the other team an getting boards and stuff like that. that kid can really play i hope he plays college somewhere next year.