2009 District 12AA

hsfbfan07

If it is true about spring and the number that showed up, it may be that the players and parents are tired of all the drama that has been going on. It certainly would have and effect. Some might just wait till summer and see if things (adults) have settled down at just get back to the game at hand. This just can't be good for the players. They played two tough years of Varsity and just have gained a lot of experience......but with all this going some might have the mind set of........enough........or lets just get it over with. Hope the new coach and talk to the players and students and get everyone back on the same page of trying to build a program......with positives and forget all the rest. Remember........It is the players that play the game and no one else. Hope everyone pulls together for that reason alone. Let the Seniors having a good memory of their senior year instead of this.

Good luck to all the EHHS players............do it for yourself!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am expecting Spring Hill to finish second in the district. They have had an impressive spring and are poised to carry this success into the regular season. Loveless should have a good year, he was a playmaker last year and should have only improved.

EHHS is a sad story. Something needs to be done down there to get the kids more into the football program.

I am expecting Spring Hill to finish second in the district. They have had an impressive spring and are poised to carry this success into the regular season. Loveless should have a good year, he was a playmaker last year and should have only improved.

EHHS is a sad story. Something needs to be done down there to get the kids more into the football program.

No worse than 2nd. So much experience returning. With the new District it should favor them. With the graduation of so many to the others...ie: Page, Hickman and Lewis and the mess over at EHHS, the district should favor them. Course you have Marshall lurking right there also.

No worse than 2nd. So much experience returning. With the new District it should favor them. With the graduation of so many to the others...ie: Page, Hickman and Lewis and the mess over at EHHS, the district should favor them. Course you have Marshall lurking right there also.

Marshall County always has athletes so they can upset or beat anyone but I do believe that Spring Hill will beat them this year.

Marshall County always has athletes so they can upset or beat anyone but I do believe that Spring Hill will beat them this year.

Springhill has to play at Marshall this year I believe............could be a big game for them both. Agree about Marshall athletes......they seem to always have them. I am guessing Giles

Springhll

Marshall

Page

For the 4A order.

They 3A is really a hard one to pick........But......Lewis/Fairview (tough one...Fairview has the experienced team, but Lewis has the stable coaching)

Hickman

EHHS

Just a good District!

East Hickman will be probably bringing the whole team as 2 year starters,well 95% ,last years Quarterback learned alot and should produce well this year, also Defense will be pretty good.

How many do you think they will end up on the roster this summer? Glad everything is settled down so all they have to concentrate on is the game. They do have some players now with experience, which should help. Tough District this year so its going to take a total effort by every play and coach.

If you had to rank the teams on sheer athletes how would it be. Who has the horses is the question (speed being a hugh factor)

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> GILES COUNTY /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

2.SPRING HILL

3.MARSHALL

4.LEWIS CO OR PAGE

6.HICKMAN OR FAIRVIEW

8.EAST HICKMAN

Springhill has to play at Marshall this year I believe............could be a big game for them both. Agree about Marshall athletes......they seem to always have them. I am guessing Giles

Springhll

Marshall

Page

For the 4A order.

They 3A is really a hard one to pick........But......Lewis/Fairview (tough one...Fairview has the experienced team, but Lewis has the stable coaching)

Hickman

EHHS

Just a good District!

I agree with your order of finish in both classes. I would probably put it like this as a whole:

1.) Giles Co.

2.) Spring Hill

3.) Marshall Co.

4.) Fairview

5.) Page

6.) Lewis Co.

7.) Hickman Co.

8.) East Hickman

Giles has Bo Wallace, Josh Smith, Tobias Houston, and a great core of players returning and they will be hungry this year after getting so close last year. Spring Hill is a team that is expected to do some big things right now. Loveless is a very good player at QB and he has weapons around him led by Xavier Lee. Marshall Co. returns Broaderick Tears and David Tadajewski at receivers but they do have to replace their backfield (in particular Morris & Braden). The loss of Michael Murphy is huge in several ways also. Zach Freeman will take over at QB for Page and he is a good athlete who played some valuable minutes last year. He understands the system and will run the offense well. He will be joined by receivers Capp & Meenach who are both back. Overcoming the loss of Taylor Lankford as a running back and a linebacker will be their biggest challenge. Mihacsi is back and I am sure he will get a chance to be a featured back but whether he is capable of doing so is a huge question mark. Fairview will lead the 3A pack as they are an experienced team. Cassidy is a warrior and like his brother he will be expected to have a big time season this year. Lewis Co. will be well coached and very fundamental. Bobby Sharp's squad is going to have to get used to the change in qualiy competition in a hurry. This is the year that the opening of East Hickman is supposed to really affect Hickman Co. Scott Sowell & DJ Key head a outstanding group of seniors that are now gone and the Bulldogs are going to have to replace them against some awfully difficult competition this year. I wish them well. East Hickman now has a new football coach and he's the one who really needs to be wished well because with the parents calling the shots in Lyles things are off to a bumpy start for that school's football program.

It will be interesting to see how all these teams do with their out of District games. I still feel there could be a few upsets within the district. Schools like Hickman and Lewis with their inexperience might be two of the teams that could pull an upset.......the longer they play together their confidence will grow and make them more dangerous. I still think that it will be very important that Fairview.......and expecially Hickman and Lewis get off to a good start to build the confidence to play in the district. ddaddy can probably tell you more about the speed factor at Lewis (seems to have the inside info. on Lewis). Haven't seen much info on Hickman, know what Fairview has.....experience and talent. EHHS is the unknown right now. They have the players over there with experience the past couple of years. Giles, Springhill and Marshall......and most likely Page probably are deeper in athelets ie:speed. Big step up for all the old 6A schools this year. They will be tested week in and week out. Injuries to the smaller schools such as Lewis could play a huge roll in the success of the season. Not sure of the depth of talent. From what I have read and talked to people.......the starters sound to be solid and could probably start at a lot of schools. It is sprinkled with Soph. Jrs. and Seniors. The lack of experience is the biggest question I think facing Lewis. One thing that might help Lewis is the senior group is a very close knit group. Which might help with the younger players.

ddaddy.......BTW......how is the attitudes coming along.......improving?

Well Stat, I realize you asked ddaddy, but I'll answer this one,as long as it's alright with you. I see the guys everyday.It's not that the guys attitude was ever bad in anyway. . just more or less stuck in a junior mentality until Christmas, looking for someone to follow.They now are complete SENIORS. . .nothing but leadership and hard work coming out of these guys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />