Is Temple the best team in Chattanooga?

shortballer10

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt the assistant coach get thrown out of a game last year? You would think after that, they would know the rules but I guess it could have been an honest mistake.

Geez! I love the competiveness and stature that Temple brings to the region but they are starting to get a bad reputation as cheaters and renegades who have a total disregard (or ignorance) of the rules everyone must abide by. What's the deal?? These actions taints the perception of an otherwise great program. I hope there is a resonable explanation for what is going on. Its similar to the perception of the program at U of Cincinnati when Coach Hudgins was there. Btw - programs have been put on serious probation in the NCAA for ignorance of the rules. Temple needs to get it together!

You dont even know the situation....geez. Lets all jump on the bash Temple bandwagon now. Lets talk about ball man! Watch out Temple it could be a long night Friday????

Temple got into trouble before for not following the rules. Either Temple is choosing not to follow the rules again or they are ignorant of them again. Indian should get his principal to check on this since he is on the TSSAA Board. The rule as Legend put it is simple and straightforward......$250 and the next two games, not pick the ones you want.

If "govols78" has the facts straight and Marcum failed to abide by the policy, it saddens me, as a Temple fan that after the junk the school went through last year Marcum doesn't seem to be making strict adherence to the rules his number one priority. It's obvious that Temple has a reputation to rebuild, and any kind of neligence like this only postpones it. IMO a coach shouldn't get ejected from games in the first place. It sends a bad message to the players, is a bad representation of the school, costs the school money, and sometimes hurts your chances of winning. I love Marcum's intensity and desire to win, but if he doesn't learn to control his anger with the refs, he is going to cost his team more games and do further damage to the school's reputation.

If "govols78" has the facts straight and Marcum failed to abide by the policy, it saddens me, as a Temple fan that after the junk the school went through last year Marcum doesn't seem to be making strict adherence to the rules his number one priority. It's obvious that Temple has a reputation to rebuild, and any kind of neligence like this only postpones it. IMO a coach shouldn't get ejected from games in the first place. It sends a bad message to the players, is a bad representation of the school, costs the school money, and sometimes hurts your chances of winning. I love Marcum's intensity and desire to win, but if he doesn't learn to control his anger with the refs, he is going to cost his team more games and do further damage to the school's reputation.

Dad; for me and Marcum we do not see eye to eye on alot of things, but the ref. was out of line. Marcum would not break the rules for you or anybody. So lets help this young men because he has grown alot in the last year. And the rule is one of his #1 Priority with all due respect.

Dad; for me and Marcum we do not see eye to eye on alot of things, but the ref. was out of line. Marcum would not break the rules for you or anybody. So lets help this young men because he has grown alot in the last year. And the rule is one of his #1 Priority with all due respect.

I don't believe Marcum would deliberately break any rule. I've got a lot of respect for him and know that he is a man of integrity. I just hope he is learning all the rules, backwards and forwards, so that his department can avoid further embarrasment.

As for whether or not the ref was "out of line", I was there when he was thrown out. His style is to question almost every call, and when you do that I think you're asking for trouble. A coach demands self-control and discipline from his players. He needs to show a little more himself, IMHO.

I do not know anything about the Temple coach as a person either good or bad so I cannot make a judgement about his integrity or anything else. What I can say is that this is unfortunate because it shows perhaps his inexperience as a liability at a school that should really have NO MARGIN FOR ERROR after the things that have gone on the past couple of years. Not knowing the rule is not a good answer and if it was ignored for the benefit of the program that is even worse. Either way someone needs to be knowledgeable and in charge at Temple and it appears that is still NOT the case.

I don't believe Marcum would deliberately break any rule. I've got a lot of respect for him and know that he is a man of integrity. I just hope he is learning all the rules, backwards and forwards, so that his department can avoid further embarrasment.

As for whether or not the ref was "out of line", I was there when he was thrown out. His style is to question almost every call, and when you do that I think you're asking for trouble. A coach demands self-control and discipline from his players. He needs to show a little more himself, IMHO.

Seriously, I'm not a Temple fan but people need to stop comparing this incident to what they've been through the past couple years. This is in no way close to what happened and when you look at the rules it never clearly states how many games under the coach's ejections. Under player ejections, football is the game you were ejected plus one more. In other sports it's two. They've paid their fine and it's over. Stop relating this to an entirely different incident a couple years ago. It's an honest mistake, he sat out the next game, its over and move on. Still don't think they are the best team in Chattanooga though!