Good Young Coaches

bigAsports

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i forgot his name but i talked to him and heard a lot about him.they lost a lot but still have what it takes to go a long way with johnson, henry, alred who was sixth man last year with lots of skill and exp.,and davis who has been out a couple years and is back on the court,he is probably one of the best all-around athletes in the region.

• 2 weeks later...

My pick on the best coach has to go to David Phillips from Marion. He has a different way of getting to his players. He doesnt have to come up to players and get in their face when they are doing bad,even though he can, he realizes that they are teenagers and will not always hit all their shots but he expects you to leave your heart on the floor every night.If you didnt, and you have one ounce left, you didnt do your job to him. Sure he hasnt had a team go win a state or anything, but he'll get there one day. His coaching ablility goes past just the court. He is there for the players when they need it. I guess to some kids he could be the so-called "dad they never had". Motivational. So I am here to say, good luck to Coach Phillips on his future. He'll be at the top one day. And thanks to him for the 4 great years he has given me on the team.

GO WARRIORS!!!

i agree with david phillips. he has some of the best coaching potential i've seen. granted he's not had outstanding years but he is still young in his career. i believe that if his boys will work hard for him this year he could have a career year in marion. also if the people in marion co would get off of his back and let him coach he might bring some attention to the valley that you all have been wanting and whining about for a while now. good luck david and to this years warriors, the LOO is with you and still bleeding purple and white basketball.

• 4 weeks later...