Good Young Coaches

bigAsports

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricky Norris~Oak Ridge...top notch coach...all around probably the best young one around this area.

Chris Lockard~Clinton...dad was a coach, he was always around basketball, and knows the game well...full of energy.

Derek Wallace~Anderson Co.'s assistant...great knowledge of game, excellent in organization, and totally for the kids. He could be a great head coach one day if he wants to be. Coach Eldridge down there has a good one with him.

Marsh~Aloca Very very birght future ahead of him. it's going to be nice to see his teams in the future as he continues to show his hard work ethic and study of the game.

I've always been a fan of Jason Burleson. He's the new boys assistant coach at Lawrence Co. He's tough but fair. He's one of the younger coaches who still believes in discipline and has always had the respect of his players and parents. I'm sure the Bulldogs are going to miss him but I'm proud to see him take the next step.

Guest lionbasketball

well i dunno about you guys, but BRYANT DRIVER @ south fulton is a good coach, he works hard and he has ethics. You never see his team with tattoos, or piercings, or baggy clothes or any of that NBA crap. His team has ethics and they play hard and earn what they get.

I have known Jason since he was 5. In fact I probably know him better than anyone other than his imediate family. I will tell you why Lawrence Co. High has a good assistant in Jason. Basketball is like the game of life and so often this is forgotten or left out of the coaching aspect. So much can be learned from sports that can be used in life. Respect, team work, dedication, comittment, beleiving in ones self, these are all valuable tools to be used in life. Jason has installed all of these qualities in his coaching. You don't study or make the grades you don't play, you do not respect teachers, faculty, parents, or other students you don't play. This is why in my opinion Jason is a great young coach. Not only is he producing good ball teams but he is also producing quality, respectful students. Oh yeah the guy can freaking coach also. I know Lawrence Co. High made a smart move by hiring Jason.

Of course the great Gene McBee may say he taught Jason everything.

[Edited by theenforcer on 8-29-02 4:45P]

I think Pete Froedden at Harding Academy is one of the best coaches in the state, if not all states. He has consistantly had good teams. Before Harding Academy he was at Hillsboro. He did good things there. I remember his guys beating state champs Pearl Cohn when they had John Henderson and Ron Slay. Watch out for his guys this year, I watched them this summer at camp and they can compete with anybody.

Greg Bibb is a great coach who knows the game, but more than that he knows how to get kids started the right way in life. He doesn't only teach basketball. He teaches the right ways to go in life. I beleive that the van burean h/s will be a big powerhouse in single A if he ever stays long enough to turn the program around.

GOOD LUCK BIBB!!!!!