Good Young Coaches

bigAsports

Guest bbinthehole

He is very dedicated to and knowledgable of the game. He gets the most out of his players I have seen considering the level of talent that he has to work with. Clinton is borderline AA school, but plays BB at AAA with the best year in and year out. Chris brought in a new press that rivals most because it is unique to Clinton. Since Chris has taken over as head coach from his father, Don, he has improved his record each year. Stresses defense and the offense will come. I look for a break-out year this time around...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best young coaches that I have seen at the high school level is Aaron Green at Cleveland High School. Cleveland was fortunate enough to hire him as their head coach right out of college and he immediately began making an impact. He has the heart, passion, and knowledge that it takes to do BIG things and that is not easily found in most coaches (young or old). He has played and been successeful at the highest level in high school as well as in college, and he carries that over to his coaching. Anyone that watches him coach can see that he relates so well with his players. He gets the most out of them because he puts so much in. Cleveland High School is very lucky to have him!

Posted by ritz22:

One of the best young coaches that I have seen at the high school level is Aaron Green at Cleveland High School. Cleveland was fortunate enough to hire him as their head coach right out of college and he immediately began making an impact. He has the heart, passion, and knowledge that it takes to do BIG things and that is not easily found in most coaches (young or old). He has played and been successeful at the highest level in high school as well as in college, and he carries that over to his coaching. Anyone that watches him coach can see that he relates so well with his players. He gets the most out of them because he puts so much in. Cleveland High School is very lucky to have him!

How did Clevland do last year? Record? What are they looking like for this year.

How did Clevland do last year? Record? What are they looking like for this year.

Their record last year was 21-11. For two years Coach Green has played young guys, which only makes him strong now. They return every starter from last years team with all the key reserves as well. They went undefeated this summer in camps. He has been preparing these guys for the past two years for this year and next. This year has the potential to be a BIG year...this is when the hard work will pay off!

Posted by ritz22:

Their record last year was 21-11. For two years Coach Green has played young guys, which only makes him strong now. They return every starter from last years team with all the key reserves as well. They went undefeated this summer in camps. He has been preparing these guys for the past two years for this year and next. This year has the potential to be a BIG year...this is when the hard work will pay off!

Sounds like hes really done a good job with those guys! I wish him and his guys well.

Posted by ritz22:

Sounds like hes really done a good job with those guys! I wish him and his guys well.

Earlier I posted that Al Cooper had a good track record and I may have been incorrect but what he teaches his players and the knowledge of the game is there..He is a great teacher of the game of basketball..His Floor coaching is what I dont know how good he is but I know for a fact he teaches the game and yes, he got it from playing for Don Meyer.

There are alot of Coach Meyer coaches around the midstate that seem to be doing pretty well...Pete Froedden(Harding Academy),John Wild(Lawernce County),Billy Mooney (Smyrna),Jerry Meyer(MBA),Keith Edwards(Goodpasture),Al Cooper(Northeast),Gary Waller(Franklin), Troy Allen(Hillsboro). Mike Roller(Lipscomb)....not to mention all the schools around that use a similiar style of play or terminology because of his influence..many, many, more coaches who are assistants or are coachhing out of state can thank Coach Meyer for his influence.