4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bladerunner is from Oak Ridge and he jumps on Maryville threads and trys to stir things up. I can assure you that Maryville has all the respect in the world for Hillsboro and nobody from Maryville expects to run over anybody. It should be a hard fought game between two good football teams.

See you saturday

Rebel86

You apparently you did not read the post from MHS82. A lot of respect there.

hhsfootballan 22,

Have you seen Maryville play? I have not seen HHS play so I won't be so presumptuous as to make any predictions other than my desire for a Maryville win. I think you must know a great deal about Maryville based on your astute observations about Maryville's size and lack of speed.

Praying for a great game with no injuries.

never said they lack speed im just saying that Hillsboro's very fast. 5 guys 4 guys with 4.4 speed and 7 with 4.5-4.6 speed. This is Hillsboro's fastest team yet. Look up Corey jordan, Alex Crutcher, and big time recruit Eric gordon on Unapproved Website or ESPN.com recruiting section. ESPN is your best bet for Eric and Alex. but i didn't intend for what i said to mean yall lack speed. yall won 74(?) games for a reason. I just think this game will be alot closer than most people predict and I will not be making a prediction on this game either. I do have great confidence in Hillsboro and i know they're very capable in winning this game, as are yall.

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The fans from Hillsboro and Maryville are saying basically the same thing. It will be a close game. Hillsboro has great speed and Maryville will have to corral it. IMO..Past history says that Maryville will make adjustments but it will be difficult. Some believe it will be a trackmeet and others believe it will be a defensive battle. Looking forward to another Rebels/Burros game!

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The fans from Hillsboro and Maryville are saying basically the same thing. It will be a close game. Hillsboro has great speed and Maryville will have to corral it. IMO..Past history says that Maryville will make adjustments but it will be difficult. Some believe it will be a trackmeet and others believe it will be a defensive battle. Looking forward to another Rebels/Burros game!

But what about 2002. 2003 & 2006?

any videos online of maryville that i can see? my buddy went to a camp at vandy that yalls QB was at and said that he's big and is very good.

Not sure about which QB he was referring to. Philip Juhlin (#15, junior) is our starting QB and Mark Young (#14 senior) has played a lot this season. Juhlin is smaller than Young. Juhlin is more of a running threat than Young, both throw well. Juhlin is probably 5'11" 180, and Young around 6'1" 200. Just guessing on height and weight...pretty close. Before the season, it was unknown who would start. Juhlin has really become a good QB this year.

But what about 2002. 2003 & 2006?

What about 2001, 2002, and 2006?

HHS has different (and I believe better) coaching than in 2001 and 2002 and a more unified team than in 2006.

Maryville has some different players starting for them than 2006 and HHS has some different players starting for them too.

All history says is that Maryville beat HHS in 2001, 2002, and 2006. I guess the good thing for HHS is this is 2008 and things could turn out a little differently. We'll find out on saturday in Murfreesboro.

What about 2001, 2002, and 2006?

HHS has different (and I believe better) coaching than in 2001 and 2002 and a more unified team than in 2006.

Maryville has some different players starting for them than 2006 and HHS has some different players starting for them too.

All history says is that Maryville beat HHS in 2001, 2002, and 2006. I guess the good thing for HHS is this is 2008 and things could turn out a little differently. We'll find out on saturday in Murfreesboro.

This is going to be a long week...I can't wait until Saturday. It should be a great game. If memory serves me right, you all ran the wing T with your former coach. Is that still your offense?