4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

Yeah, Blade brought the spread to HHS in 2006, but the 2006 team didn't trust each other or the coaches very much at all. The 2008 team has finally begun to buy into what Blade has been preaching. That could prove to be the difference this year. This team has quite a bit of heart.

Getting a team to buy in to the program is the key assuming the coach has a good program. It sounds like Blade is doing a good job at Hillsboro.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Henry County had played as poorly as they did in the Hillsboro game as they might have against Maryville, then definitely so. You cannot expect to win a game when you do not execute and make that many fundamental errors. We deserved to lose that night.

As someone who was at every single Henry County game, home and away, I have to say that Friday night's attempt was one of their weaker games, if not weakest. It was so eerily odd to see them not execute like they had all year long. Even after a rough start against Melrose (a team I thought Hillsboro greatly resembled, imo) and Fairley they started clicking again. I just stood in disbelief all night that they couldn't get on track.

I don't think what you saw was an off night or lack of execution. What I saw was "speed kills". H.C. was very talented, make no mistake, but your rb's were a non factor for the most part....because HHS was way too quick for your o line. It was as plain as the nose on your face. Allen never got going because the HHS d line was on him either before or at the line of scrimmage on many occasions. Many times when the other team has a distinct speed advantage, it makes it look like you are not executing, when in fact you are just being beaten to a spot.

Getting a team to buy in to the program is the key assuming the coach has a good program. It sounds like Blade is doing a good job at Hillsboro.

Exactly! That's why Quarles is so successful despite never really having more talent than the coaches he's faced in the State Championship the 6 times he's won. That's all it is. I believe if Quarles actually had HHS-level talent at Maryville also...Maryville would be legitimately challenging De LeSalle High School's historic win streak. I mean, 74 straight wins and not nearly the talent and athleticism as some of their opponents.

I don't think what you saw was an off night or lack of execution. What I saw was "speed kills". H.C. was very talented, make no mistake, but your rb's were a non factor for the most part....because HHS was way too quick for your o line. It was as plain as the nose on your face. Allen never got going because the HHS d line was on him either before or at the line of scrimmage on many occasions. Many times when the other team has a distinct speed advantage, it makes it look like you are not executing, when in fact you are just being beaten to a spot.

You are accurate in your assessment, jimac4. But,not making excuses, I would like to add the following for perspective. Our starting center,arguably one of our best and quickest blockers, sustained a high ankle sprain at practice on Tuesday, which he played on with dramatic effect on his performance. Our left tackle severely sprained his ankle on Thursdsay and didn't dress. A freshman who had never played the position before played there the whole night. In effect 40% of our offensive line wasn't what it has been all year. I feel that these misfortunes affected dramatically our performance. Did it cause us to lose? I doubt it, but who knows----

My instinct tells me Hillsboro. My brain tells me Maryville. That equals a very close heartbreaker. I feel the weather will be the Devils advocate or a blessing from above. I am pulling for Maryville being from NET. One thing I cannot stomach is how Middle TN will carry on if they win. It's bad enough already.

Believe me, I'll carry on because I know what a HUGE accomplishment it would be. Maryville is the best football program in the state of TN and doesn't have an "off night". HHS beating them will require HHS playing their best and playing TOGETHER as a team. It is no small task to beat Maryville.

I would relish the victory for a long time if it occurs. I would love HHS to one day have the level of program Maryville has with the community support to match. I know I may be dreaming heavy on both counts, but that is still my hope.

The wrong Rebels are playing. Sullivan South is who should be playing Hillsboro. But, Greeneville robbed us of that by paying the refs off in the quarter finals. Everyone knows it. Its just a shame how something like this can happen.

Wah, wah, wah. Are you sure you're not in elementary school still?

You're saying it's a given you'd be in the state championship if you hadn't been robbed by the referees in the quarterfinals. Okay, I'll take your word for it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

This Alcoa fan will be in the Boro to cheer on Maryville again. Hillsboro is fast but Maryville seems to negate speed, as they have in previous years as well. Alcoa is not a slow team, or a poorly coached team but Maryville eliminates the big play and dominates games. I think it will be a hard fight for Maryville but they will win 21-14. With Maryville stopping a final Hillsboro drive to tie. Bring another ball back to Blount! I can only hope Catholic brings one to Knox as well. I don't know much about HHS, but I do know about Maryville.

Score by quarter

1st

MHS 7

HHS 0

2nd

MHS 14

HHS 7

3rd

MHS 21

HHS 7

4th

MHS 21

HHS 14

I don't think Maryville could have beaten Henry co personally

Who cares

What about 2001, 2002, and 2006?

Can we all agree to ignore bladewhiner? He's not from Maryville, nor is he a Maryville fan. And while we're ignoring bladewhiner, lets forget about the Henry Co & Sullivan South and get back to the 4A title game in this thread.

On that note:

MHS: 24

HHS: 12

Who cares

Can we all agree to ignore bladewhiner? He's not from Maryville, nor is he a Maryville fan. And while we're ignoring bladewhiner, lets forget about the Henry Co & Sullivan South and get back to the 4A title game in this thread.

On that note:

MHS: 24

HHS: 12

This was just my opinion- no need to get all testy about it- i have seen all three teams play this year- Just reporting what I saw.