4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

The Rebels first team defense has allowed only something around 5.3 points per game. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only team to score double digits on the first team D was Alcoa.

I know everybody west of Loudon is going to jump on this thought the wrong way - but I wonder if Alcoa doesn't turn out to be a more athletic team than Hillsboro. Plenty of athletic marvels have come out of Alcoa in the past, and played for Alcoa this year.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BurroBall, eye'm moore like a dumbacre..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />....See, eye left out one....7 GOLD bawls thiz deckaid..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As impressive as the 7 total are...I'm more frustrated about the 3 that HHS has in their trophy case that are silver instead of gold because of Maryville. Maybe, redemption will finally come on Saturday.

I know everybody west of Loudon is going to jump on this thought the wrong way - but I wonder if Alcoa doesn't turn out to be a more athletic team than Hillsboro. Plenty of athletic marvels have come out of Alcoa in the past, and played for Alcoa this year.

If that is the case, Alcoa should begin playing above 2A.

Another great challenge for both returnees. Wish I could be there for this one! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The annual curiosity has the brain cells exploding in measuring thought. How much psych-hype is there from both teams seasons as well as this pre-game discussion? Has Maryville really played "better teams" than Hillsboro?

Has Hillsboro played "Better teams" than Maryville? (okay, the headache is starting now)

Ain't High School football fun? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Sure, I'm a long time Red Rebel fan/supporter and like the Black Swarm by 16 pts. but that's just what I believe for this year. Of course the game will appear to be played much closer than the final points on the scoreboard.

Plenty of respect for the Boros from this fan.

Note to Starz: Did you get the "Mole-under-the-side-line" play plans to Coach Q on Monday? Iz momma Starz agonna stomp on de turtee-phyve yahd line wen dee Boros' treyes two run byee? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MHS 42

Hillsboro 28

Safe travel/game for all.

(Go Tornadoes!.....by 24.....at least!)

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Another great challenge for both returnees. Wish I could be there for this one! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The annual curiosity has the brain cells exploding in measuring thought. How much psych-hype is there from both teams seasons as well as this pre-game discussion? Has Maryville really played "better teams" than Hillsboro?

Has Hillsboro played "Better teams" than Maryville? (okay, the headache is starting now)

Ain't High School football fun? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Sure, I'm a long time Red Rebel fan/supporter and like the Black Swarm by 16 pts. but that's just what I believe for this year. Of course the game will appear to be played much closer than the final points on the scoreboard.

Plenty of respect for the Boros from this fan.

Note to Starz: Did you get the "Mole-under-the-side-line" play plans to Coach Q on Monday? Iz momma Starz agonna stomp on de turtee-phyve yahd line wen dee Boros' treyes two run byee? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MHS 42

Hillsboro 28

Safe travel/game for all.

(Go Tornadoes!.....by 24.....at least!)

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No one has scored this many points on the burro's all season.

No one has scored this many points on the burro's all season.

Looked through Hillsboro schedule - one of three teams to score more than 20 on Franklin with the others being McCallie and Brentwood. That's impressive. The offense really seems to be clicking since about week 8 as well.

Looks like Maryville's D will be facing the best offense they've seen all season - Alcoa included.

Their defense doesn't look too bad either. I don't know, but my guess is that Maryville's offense is comparable to Franklin and Henry Co.

Barring one team having excessive turnovers, I see this one being a one TD game or less either way with both teams in the 17-28 point range, just nto sure which way I think it will turn out yet.

Yep, similar in talent maybe...did you notice why Henry County wasn't executing...HHS didn't allow them to. HHS has heart that Melrose apparently didn't have. HHS had their starting QB get injured in the 1st quarter and overcame the adversity and refused to let Henry County win.

Btw, as a Henry County supporter, I'm surprised you wouldn't prefer your team lose to the eventual State Champions if they have to lose, but to each his own I guess. I guess we'll see ya'll next year.

Exactly; most of the time fans find it hard to just say that the team that beat them is just better and just put it on them playing bad or whatever. The fact is when most of them say a team does not look as they normally do and make un-common mistakes it is b/c 99% of the time the team you are playing is making you look that way and was forcing mistakes. I could tell from the guys 1st post that he picked MH out of pure bitterness.....

Exactly; most of the time fans find it hard to just say that the team that beat them is just better and just put it on them playing bad or whatever. The fact is most of them when a team does not look as they normally do and make un-common mistakes it is 99% b/c the team you are playing is making you look that way was and forcing mistakes. I could tell from the guys 1st post that he picked MH out of pure bitterness.....

this is so true Kev do you know how many teams Maryville has played in the last 74 games that "played the worst they have all year"? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />