4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillsboro will be faster then Maryville, but I think maryville has the size advantage and they will be very disiplined like they always are. This game will be alot closer then the Maryville fans think. The O's will both out up points its up to the defenses and Hillsboro's Defense is very fast. Teague couldnt move around the pocket and run around like he always does. only run he had was1st play for 64 yards, after that nothing.

No disrespect to Gordon but he was outplayed by Teague all night. They went head to head twice and he lost both battles. First time was on Teague's long run from scrimmage and he left Gordon standing still at the safety position and the 2nd time Teague was covering him downfield and came away with the int. Marsalis outplayed Gordon all night long and was the best and fastest athlete on the field! 3 TD's for Teague 1 run, 1 pass, and 1 kick return. By the way, the pass he threw beat Gordon also because Gordon was covering the reciever. The main reason he didnt do more damage than he did was due to poor blocking. With that being said, I believe Gordon to be a tremendous athlete and game changer and HC came with a game plan to limit his touches. HHS has tremendous team speed and their D recovers fast. They also do a great job of wrapping up at point of contact. I do not think they are the hardest hitting team HC faced but they are the fastest and best tackling team on a whole. Have not seen Maryville play this year but you have to give them due respect! A team just doesnt roll off a record of 72-0 and have a lack of talent. Great coaching can only get you so far. You have to have talent on the field! Good luck to both teams, you have both "EARNED" the right to be where you are. Please dont take this post as being sour grapes or sore loser I am just stating what I observed. Like I said, you both "DESERVE" to be in the Championship Game! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No disrespect to Gordon but he was outplayed by Teague all night. They went head to head twice and he lost both battles. First time was on Teague's long run from scrimmage and he left Gordon standing still at the safety position and the 2nd time Teague was covering him downfield and came away with the int. Marsalis outplayed Gordon all night long and was the best and fastest athlete on the field! 3 TD's for Teague 1 run, 1 pass, and 1 kick return. By the way, the pass he threw beat Gordon also because Gordon was covering the reciever. The main reason he didnt do more damage than he did was due to poor blocking. With that being said, I believe Gordon to be a tremendous athlete and game changer and HC came with a game plan to limit his touches. HHS has tremendous team speed and their D recovers fast. They also do a great job of wrapping up at point of contact. I do not think they are the hardest hitting team HC faced but they are the fastest and best tackling team on a whole. Have not seen Maryville play this year but you have to give them due respect! A team just doesnt roll off a record of 72-0 and have a lack of talent. Great coaching can only get you so far. You have to have talent on the field! Good luck to both teams, you have both "EARNED" the right to be where you are. Please dont take this post as being sour grapes or sore loser I am just stating what I observed. Like I said, you both "DESERVE" to be in the Championship Game! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Teague definitely is the real deal. As for the fastest kid in the field, I still don't know about that....Crutcher is awfully fast (Gordon is the 3rd fastest on HHS behind Crutcher and #8 Corey Jordan), but Teague certainly had the best individual game for either team's offense. It would have been fun to have pregame entertainment of Teague, Crutcher, Jordan, and Gordon running a 40 yard dash.

Teague definitely is the real deal. As for the fastest kid in the field, I still don't know about that....Crutcher is awfully fast (Gordon is the 3rd fastest on HHS behind Crutcher and #8 Corey Jordan), but Teague certainly had the best individual game for either team's offense. It would have been fun to have pregame entertainment of Teague, Crutcher, Jordan, and Gordon running a 40 yard dash.

Dont know if Teague would have beat them all in a 40, but if you put a football in his hands and open field, he wont get caught!

I wouldn't say he outplayed gordon at yall, Both played very good. other than teagues long run and kickoff when the coverage broke down he didnt much at all. The best athlete on the field was Corey Jordan who had over 100 yards recieving and 2 td's and Aaron Bryant the LB who had over 15 tackles. Gordon had 4 BIG TIME 3 down catches to continue the drive and ran the ball 5 times on 3rd down to move the chains, sounds to me he was doing alot. both Teague and Gordon played good IMO. We've got alot more playmakers then HC so we didnt exactly have to use him as much as yall thought. Now for Maryville who are yalls playmakers and what can i expect to see come gameday? do yall have any videos or highlights online that i can watch?

MVL has always found a way to beat better talent. They play solid football and usually do not give opportunities to opponents that are not earned. QB play by HHS will be the key to winning against MVL. Poorly advised passes for ints will be what MVL will need to win and take HHS out of the game.

I'm pulling for HHS.........but think MVL will find a way to win. Hope I'm wrong...luv to watch MVL play though.

Now this is the type of Maryville fan I am used to hearing, tell us more.. Only two touchdowns?

THat Maryville fan was from Henry Co and very much like you bladewhiner....his team is out and just trying to rile some folks up. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Shut up dude! LOL! Let Maryville fans think we run the Wing-T still...they will be VERY surprised when we score on a TD pass.

Please let your coach know that Maryville has changed their offense over the weekend. We will be running the wishbone. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Please let your coach know that Maryville has changed their offense over the weekend. We will be running the wishbone. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh goodness! The other side of that coin is just go 5-wide shotgun the entire game! The Burros will likely be ready whatever it is! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yeah, Blade brought the spread to HHS in 2006, but the 2006 team didn't trust each other or the coaches very much at all. The 2008 team has finally begun to buy into what Blade has been preaching. That could prove to be the difference this year. This team has quite a bit of heart.