4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

First of all....Congratulations to the players from MHS for a great season. You made your community just as proud tonight in defeat as you ever did in victory. I was very impressed with the way you battled until the last click and held your head up and congratulated HHS for a great game.

To the Seniors...Thank you for all your hard work and committment to the program. You have represented your school, community , and family very well. What a run!!!

To Hillsboro High School....Congratulations! You have an excellent team and played a great game. I wish I could blame penalities, turnovers, referees,or the weather, but the fact is you were the better team tonight and deserved the win.

Proud to be a Maryville Rebel!!!

Hillsboro--

MOVE THEM CHAINS!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple more thoughts.....

I hated to see Chris Jordan not be able to compete at the level he normally does. He is a very determined young man and made it back in the game but it was obvious he was not at 100%. He was greatly missed tonight. He is fine young man and I know he wanted to contribute more than he was able to tonight.

Maryville Defense....great job! You kept a very strong HHS offense to 10 points. Not many people outside Maryville predicted that....most thought we would give up 28 or more points. No one else held them to 10 points this season.

CONGRATULATIONS HILLSBORO ! If the streak had to end , I couldn't think of a better team to end it . Hillsboro has been our biggest Rival this past decade , and you guys have a very Classy Program , Coaches and Team . The Hillsboro fans on here have always been Classy too , and I feel we have always had a mutual respect for each other . Just like some others have already said , I'm just as proud of this Team as any Team we've ever had . They have played with so much Heart & Determination this year It has been amazing . These kids have heard about the " Streak " every waking moment this year , and the pressure they have been under would have been hard on older adults , let alone young men . I am always proud that my old school Maryville has always focused on being Classy in defeat , as well as In Victory , and these young men showed a lot of Class in Congratulating Hillsboro in their awesome victory . As bad as I felt for our young men , everyone there had to feel happy for the sheer Joy and Excitement that the entire Hillsboro Team , Coaches , and Fans were showing as the seconds ticked away . Years of frustration melted away as those seconds ticked off . That was probably the most excited I've ever seen a team get to win the State Championship , and with all the things that the win meant , I could definitely understand why .

Congratulations once again Hillsboro , and hopefully Maryville will get to watch you guys win again several more times in the next few years , right before we go out and win a few 6A Gold balls!

Bldrunner , are you mocking a young man who just lost his Mom on purpose , or just by sheer Ignorance ?

CONGRATULATIONS HILLSBORO ! If the streak had to end , I couldn't think of a better team to end it . Hillsboro has been our biggest Rival this past decade , and you guys have a very Classy Program , Coaches and Team . The Hillsboro fans on here have always been Classy too , and I feel we have always had a mutual respect for each other . Just like some others have already said , I'm just as proud of this Team as any Team we've ever had . They have played with so much Heart & Determination this year It has been amazing . These kids have heard about the " Streak " every waking moment this year , and the pressure they have been under would have been hard on older adults , let alone young men . I am always proud that my old school Maryville has always focused on being Classy in defeat , as well as In Victory , and these young men showed a lot of Class in Congratulating Hillsboro in their awesome victory . As bad as I felt for our young men , everyone there had to feel happy for the sheer Joy and Excitement that the entire Hillsboro Team , Coaches , and Fans were showing as the seconds ticked away . Years of frustration melted away as those seconds ticked off . That was probably the most excited I've ever seen a team get to win the State Championship , and with all the things that the win meant , I could definitely understand why .

Congratulations once again Hillsboro , and hopefully Maryville will get to watch you guys win again several more times in the next few years , right before we go out and win a few 6A Gold balls!

Bldrunner , are you mocking a young man who just lost his Mom on purpose , or just by sheer Ignorance ?

I'm sorry? What are you talking about? I said move the chains.. What do you mean?

I'm sorry? What are you talking about? I said move the chains.. What do you mean?

The young man who initiated the "move the chains" cheer this year during the playoffs lost his mother this week to cancer. He stated earier in a post that his enthusiasm this season was "cheering for his mom". She was a lifelong fan. He was not able to attend the game tonight.

Congrats to Hillsboro on their state championship victory. They played a great game.

I am proud of how Maryville played tonight. I never saw any quit in any of them. I am also proud of how our guys carried themselves in defeat. I watched the recorded game with a few of the players tonight. They were heartbroken, but they didn't make excuses. They also didn't turn on each other about the mistakes that were made. I think that speaks volumes for the character of the team.

I would also like to thank the Seniors. They gave their all and showed true leadership. Losing only one game your High School career is quite an accomplishment.

I looked forward to next football season. I think the team will take what they learned from this defeat and will become that much stronger. The ability to take an honest look at your weaknesses and to improve is the real value that the boys get out of this program. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Spanky Smith was the "Move them chains guy". He is from Maryville and helped coach Maryville Middle School when many players of this team went there. His Mother has been sick for a while. Towards the end, he was by her side except for the games. She wanted him to go to the games because she couldn't get there herself. She finally passed away this week.

I really don't think you had any idea about this. However, when your main goal is to spread hate and discontent you will eventually go to far (intentionally or unintentionally).