Knoxville Catholic vs. Mitchell

playoffsarecool

#10 is not Lequinton Hall ( I know it say it on the roster) however it is none other than Andrew Franklin. Andrew Franklin who is originally #5 had that jersey cut off of him when he knocked his self out hitting a player from Trezevant and was taking to the hospital by ambulance. So he wears #10 instead. So now, so much for the players faking injuries to get timeouts. We hit and we hit hard at all cost. The unfortunate part is that we sometimes knock ourselves out. Our DB #8 had a concussion Friday night as well. We will be more than ready come Saturday, so I am not going to type my fingers off saying this and that, all I will say is that we will be more than ready !

#10 does "bring the wood" when he makes a tackle. He was fun to watch last Friday night. Good luck to Mitchell in the finals this Saturday. You earned the right to be there.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic by 7. Maybe More.

Catholic-21+

Mitchell- 14

As a fellow Mphis poster (Kwc) stated earlier, Knoxville Catholic absolutely will not hold Mitchell to a mere 14 pts!

That simply ain't happening!

-------------------------------------------------------

Look, Kwc knows his Mphs HS football. He knows Mitchell football..... I, myself, am very familiar with these same two things, albeit to a lesser degree.

When we tell you that KC will not hold Mitchell to 14pts or less, then--rest assured, there IS a reason for such a bold statement: It has NOTHING to do with arrogance or braggadocio; it has EVERYTHING to do with Mitchell's offensive capabilities, to which we've both been eyewitness.

Additionally, I doubt very seriously that KC's defense (no disrespect) is anywhere near as good as Melrose's (and Melrose's defense was actually "down" this year). Yet, Melrose barely held Mitchell to 14pts...

Enough said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day (win, lose or draw), Knoxville Catholic is likely in for a contentious, higher-scoring "knock-down, drag-out," with Memphis Mitchell!

TraderB I'm sure that MM is no fluke , you dont make it to the big dance by FLUKE, and far as win-loss record it doesnt matter, believe me (LA 5-5 in 05 won state). This is high school football anything is possible and I dont know what anyones feelings about MM is but I'm sure that KC (the only one that matters)will not over look MM. I would say TraderB that if any team in the state,undeafted was beat by a 9-5 team, it would be an upset. Congratulations to both teams and good luck. KC bring that gold back east.

ScoFeild,

Although I suspect that you're correct about KCs respect of Mitchell, I sure hope that you're wrong!

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping against all hope that KC actually overlooks Mitchell, and has already begun making a place in their trophy case for the 3A Gold Ball. This way, it'll make it a bit easier for Mitchell to sneak up on 'em, catch 'em flat-footed, knock 'em out and grab the Gold Ball, before KC even realizes what hit them! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Anyway, hopefully this will be a clean game with no major injuries.

-------------------------------------------------

Go Mitchell. Bring that Gold Ball back to Mphs!!

When we tell you that KC will not hold Mitchell to 14pts or less, then--rest assured, there IS a reason for such a bold statement: It has NOTHING to do with arrogance or braggadocio; it has EVERYTHING to do with Mitchell's offensive capabilities, to which we've both been eyewitness.

This reminds me of something I heard last year around the time of the Super Bowl. I remember a Giants player (Plaxico Burress) predicting to win the game 21-17 over the Patriots. This didn't sit well with Tom Brady who became upset because Burress didn't give the Patriots offense enough credit. He said, "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points." The final score, as we all know, was 17-14. It appears as if he had given their offense a little too much credit.

Knox. Catholic is a very good team and are very capable of winning this game and holding Mitchell to 14 pts or less. I'm not sure if they will or not, and there's really no reason to get all upset about predictions. Whichever team shows up and plays the best will win. The score could be high or low, all I know is I'm rooting for the Irish!

This reminds me of something I heard last year around the time of the Super Bowl. I remember a Giants player (Plaxico Burress) predicting to win the game 21-17 over the Patriots. This didn't sit well with Tom Brady who became upset because Burress didn't give the Patriots offense enough credit. He said, "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points." The final score, as we all know, was 17-14. It appears as if he had given their offense a little too much credit.

Knox. Catholic is a very good team and are very capable of winning this game and holding Mitchell to 14 pts or less. I'm not sure if they will or not, and there's really no reason to get all upset about predictions. Whichever team shows up and plays the best will win. The score could be high or low, all I know is I'm rooting for the Irish!

[/ ]

Hello catti I sure hope the KC bunch dont make me eat crow for saying this but I believe that MM is about to get a taste of ol region2. Oh ya, traderb and kwc has already sealed the deal ,so I guess KC yall should probably go ahead and start bball practice tommorrow. And yes I have had to eat crow before and actually have my own recipe for Crow Pie mmmmmmmmmm good. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />