franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

We got really lucky on one of those fumbles as it bounced out of bounds.

Prayers for Trevor Hornsby, a great young man who has ice water in his veins. He straight up won 2 of our early wins for us in the final tics with his leg and focus. He is one tough young man and a credit to Oakland. Hope he recovers quickly! MAMA, keep us posted on his recovery, please!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All year long, Oakland fans and myself included have showed nothing but respect to each and every one of our opponents. Its idiot like you that make people have to draw the line. Oakland loses 19 seniors, but they return quite a bit of starters and kids that played a considerable amount this year, this is not a one year fluke.

I was going to be quiet but,

This year wasn't a fluke but the game was. I know that your school has a good football team and history. I was going to be quiet about how oakland barely got by that game and that THE GAME was a fluke but, I was just tired of seeing your player, and your fans saying that oakland just killed Franklin. So you drawed the line.

This year wasn't a fluke but the game was. I know that your school has a good football team and history. I was going to be quiet about how oakland barely got by that game and that THE GAME was a fluke but, I was just tired of seeing your player, and your fans saying that oakland just killed Franklin. So you drawed the line.

So one fan says Oakland physically dominated Franklin and you automatically lump them in with everyone? Everybody knew this game was going to be a struggle, and Franklin is indeed a very worthy team and a part feels some sympathy having come up short once again. But that sympathy evaporates quickly when you try to wrongfully snatch away any credit that Oakland deserved in winning this game. This win for Oakland was truly something that transcends athletics, and you would know that if you would have seen the scene at Oakland High School after the last 2 games.

we also have #54 Ben Woodall who was a huge part of our defensive line last year, #81 danny Kibler at receiver who caught a short pass and turned it into a huge gain during the game on saturday, and #2 Sean Dye who was a sophmore last year and really came on strong towards the end of the year and had a few games where he was the leading rusher, including (if I remember correctly) the hendersonville playoff game.

all i did is just listed starters. they contributed alot but didn't actually start

What about Sellers? He was a true STUD on D. Hopefully he is graduating. Ford is as tough as they come too. Please tell me that Nichols doesn't have a little brother coming up.

I have so much respect for DONNIE WEBB as a coach and a man that you will NOT hear me drag Franklin through the mud no matter what anyone one else on here says. You have to be good to make it as far as BOTh of us did.

Since you are so hung up on websites, here is one. TSSAA.org. It will say the Oakland Patriots are the State Champ #1.

wait do you have short term memory lost. the only thing that says is who won. You winning was a fluke. TSSAA is not ratings. It the out come of the play offs. i know that is what really matters the out come. I am just saying that the out come was a fluke. how many times or different ways do i have to say it for you to really get it? If you don't have an IQ of average don't even post on here. if you want to find out if your average go to

www.highiqsociety.org/iq_tests/

dont even reply telling me a lie about your iq being above average i can tell. and because i miss typed works and have bad grammer skills don't even mean im below average.

Franklin is loaded for next year,, all the starters and backup played great all year,we could name the whole team,everyone of them had a great year. we got silver thats better than every team in 5a except 1 who knew they were in a game. good luck to all seniors, get 'em next year under classmen

Man you are right!!!!!!!!!!! You know Franklin is better and so do the polls!!!!!! I think Oakland should give up the state title.

BUT.....I guess you forgot to tell Franklin that they were better and you also forgot to tell Oakland not to get off the bus!!!

way to go!! You cost franklin its state title!!!! Its all your fault!!!!! How could you do that to your team??? do you even sleep at night?

Oh well Oakland won!!! they played four quarters...not 5 thats good for oakland right buddy? Maybe you should petition the TSSAA for one more quarter for both of franklin's losses this year..that way you can be undefeated!!! Oh and maybe the finals should be best of 3.

Does all this make your little heart feel better??? I'm sorry you didn't get your way little boy!!!!

wait do you have short term memory lost. the only thing that says is who won. You winning was a fluke. TSSAA is not ratings. It the out come of the play offs. i know that is what really matters the out come. I am just saying that the out come was a fluke. how many times or different ways do i have to say it for you to really get it? If you don't have an IQ of average don't even post on here. if you want to find out if your average go to

www.highiqsociety.org/iq_tests/

dont even reply telling me a lie about your iq being above average i can tell. and because i miss typed works and have bad grammer skills don't even mean im below average.

"Doesn't mean I'm below average." Not don't even mean im below average. It is your opinion it was a Fluke, the fact is Oakland won.

I'm done with this,

Good luck to all.

Well here are my thoughts on the game. First, Franklin is the better team, but they did not deserve to win. Oakland came out in a double tight, 3 back set almost all night long. So what does Franklin do on defense? Keep two safties ten to twelve yards off the ball all night. Why? Oakland said screw Franklin, we are going to tell you what we are going to do and you stop it. Franklin got outcoached Saturday night and lost their players the state championship. Also, why wouldn't Franklin pass the ball more? They were effective all night when they threw. They could have thrown screens and slants all night.

I was impressed with how physical Oakland was, but I think the Franklin should have one the game with some game plan adjustments. The turning point in the game was when Franklin missed the PAT to take the lead. If they make the PAT, I believe the defense holds on.

What about Sellers? He was a true STUD on D. Hopefully he is graduating. Ford is as tough as they come too. Please tell me that Nichols doesn't have a little brother coming up.

I have so much respect for DONNIE WEBB as a coach and a man that you will NOT hear me drag Franklin through the mud no matter what anyone one else on here says. You have to be good to make it as far as BOTh of us did.

no but there is a freshman that looks just like he is a young nichols lol. and Sellers is graduating this year

It blocks the website it max(put this to get passed the blocking)preps.com and in rankings Franklin is above Oakland. Remember this ok congrats to Oakland winning the state championship but y'all know the better team lost because of the flukes on the players and the refs. PS. Oakland didn't cause any of the flukes. And to Mr knowitall you don't care how oakland does next year? What a try fan. Just to make it clear erase the ranking. I just wish there was another quarter to go because Franklin would have won it like they should have. Don't5 care about Oaklands Fans because everyone else know who should have won. Just to make it clear. I know Franklin didnt' win. That doesn't make the worst team. Before the season started people didn't even think Franklin would make it far as they did they year before.

Next year I see Franklin doing pretty good next year,

I can't say the same for Oakland Oh dear

Franklin is looking pretty fine ,for the year 2009

but Oakland is looking kind of sad, i don't care im no where near mad,

I could continuosly rhyme , but i don't have the time,

Franklin go win it all, this time i know you will win that brawl

you lost fool, shut your whining