franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

my opinion is Franklin #1 in state Fact. They are really #2. Fact Oakland is #3. Fact. unapproved website determines who is actually the best team by seeing how they face their opponent and how their opponent faces their opponents from the same or different regions and divisions. Fact. u think your a genius and every is dumber and more less than u.

Fact: Opinions are like arm pits.

Fact: Everyone has arm pits.

Fact: Many armpits, like opinions, stink.

Fact: Oakland won the game.

Fact: Oakland is the state champion, not Franklin.

Opinion: Franklin is a very good team. On any other day, who knows what would have happened. But the only day that counted is a certain Saturday at MTSU. But, Franklin did not win the only game that counted. Did the referees possibly make a missed call? Probably. Were they biased or paid off? No. Did the missed extra point by Franklin possibly make a difference? Possibly, but Oakland also missed one. Did Franklin stop Oakland from marching down the field and score the winning touchdown when everyone in the stadium knew that Oakland was going to attempt to man-handle Franklin and run it down their throat? No.

Fact: The score says is all: Oakland 20, Franklin 13.

Franklin fans and Oakland fans, please show some class.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here are my thoughts on the game. First, Franklin is the better team, but they did not deserve to win. Oakland came out in a double tight, 3 back set almost all night long. So what does Franklin do on defense? Keep two safties ten to twelve yards off the ball all night. Why? Oakland said screw Franklin, we are going to tell you what we are going to do and you stop it. Franklin got outcoached Saturday night and lost their players the state championship. Also, why wouldn't Franklin pass the ball more? They were effective all night when they threw. They could have thrown screens and slants all night.

I was impressed with how physical Oakland was, but I think the Franklin should have one the game with some game plan adjustments. The turning point in the game was when Franklin missed the PAT to take the lead. If they make the PAT, I believe the defense holds on.

Well either you are a college coach that was watching the game or a "dumb as usual parent", or a coach such as me that was watching from the stands. Someday I hope to be there and get to coach in that game, but I was watching in the stands with several other coaches. We all would have done different things after a play is already decided upon and ran!!! The better team won on Saturday. Leave it alone and don't get on here to bash coaches!! I guess you got outcoached earlier in the year or in the playoffs and that is why you were watching the game!!! (unless you are "dumb parent" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well here are my thoughts on the game. First, Franklin is the better team, but they did not deserve to win. Oakland came out in a double tight, 3 back set almost all night long. So what does Franklin do on defense? Keep two safties ten to twelve yards off the ball all night. Why? Oakland said screw Franklin, we are going to tell you what we are going to do and you stop it. Franklin got outcoached Saturday night and lost their players the state championship. Also, why wouldn't Franklin pass the ball more? They were effective all night when they threw. They could have thrown screens and slants all night.

I was impressed with how physical Oakland was, but I think the Franklin should have one the game with some game plan adjustments. The turning point in the game was when Franklin missed the PAT to take the lead. If they make the PAT, I believe the defense holds on.

Well either you are a college coach that was watching the game or a "dumb as usual parent", or a coach such as me that was watching from the stands. Someday I hope to be there and get to coach in that game, but I was watching in the stands with several other coaches. We all would have done different things after a play is already decided upon and ran!!! The better team won on Saturday. Leave it alone and don't get on here to bash coaches!! I guess you got outcoached earlier in the year or in the playoffs and that is why you were watching the game!!! (unless you are "dumb parent" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Why are you bashing 'Gerry Bertier' and worst off, bashing all parents as "dumb as usual parent"? Gerry post was simple observations and opinion, not bashing coaches. Yet your rant is totally uncalled for and belittling parents as dumb. If you are a coach, you didn't prove it by your post.

Yours truly,

Dumb as usual parents

ok, how u got power but no class. They way i remember it is Franklin had more yards on O then Oakland did so, u do your thing and Franklin will do theirs. oh and coach how many of your starting players are returning for yall. Franklin has #4 Alec Ford #5 Keylo Lee # 28 Hunter Nall #30 Michael Constantine # 55 John Gentry # 58 Timmy Wilson # 78 Isaiah Anderson not encluding the backups that were very good. I know that doesn't mean anything about this year. Im just wondering about how good Franklin looks for next year

as long as Oakland has Coach McDaniel and staff returning, they should be the hands down favorites every year, even going into the dark unknown cave that 6A ball will be this upcoming year. that staff could've switched sidelines with your coaches and made Franklin beat Oakland. McDaniel is your next legendary coach in Tennessee high school football. i bit my tongue on saying that before the season started, but he has proven himself to everyone including many who doubted. what an amazing turn around, 11 more wins and some golden hardware.

hats off to the staff (including the lesser known unsung heros who werent former riverdale coaches) and the players, enjoy those rings...and congratulations to alumni like OaklandPatriots and guys around the program like 2Priceless /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

as long as Oakland has Coach McDaniel and staff returning, they should be the hands down favorites every year, even going into the dark unknown cave that 6A ball will be this upcoming year. that staff could've switched sidelines with your coaches and made Franklin beat Oakland. McDaniel is your next legendary coach in Tennessee high school football. i bit my tongue on saying that before the season started, but he has proven himself to everyone including many who doubted. what an amazing turn around, 11 more wins and some golden hardware.

hats off to the staff (including the lesser known unsung heros who werent former riverdale coaches) and the players, enjoy those rings...and congratulations to alumni like OaklandPatriots and guys around the program like 2Priceless /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are right tdntn, 2P and OP has stood by their Patriots over the good and bad years, congratulations Oakland.

Now Oakland has changed from the hunter to the hunted in 2009.

I've never heard so much whining about a game. It's not about the polls, the only outcome that matters is the final score of the championship game. Oakland is the champion. Period. They earned it, they deserve it. Congratulate them and move on. If you're an adult, try to set a better example for your kids than continuing to whine and make excuses. Part of playing the game is losing.

Dumb Parent?? Where do you "Supposedly " coach...I would like to know , as many others on here...If you are man enough to call players parents "Dumb" ...Man up and identify where you coach.

Maybe it explains WHY you were in the stands instead of a Championship game. Obviously you'll need many many more years to mature .

We all would have done different things after a play is already decided upon and ran!!!

Coaching is about making adjustments, once I saw Oakland come out in a double tight 3 back set, as a defensive cordinator you have to do something to match it. Franklin kept 2 safties deep all night. Why? Oakland let them know we are not throwing the ball. Its not about saying on this particular play, I would of changed this. It's about watching game film and drawing up a scheme to help my team win. It seemed Franklin had too much pride to bring more men in the box. I would of made Oakland beat me through the air.

Oh ok well first of all .Franklin wasn't favored to win a playoff game at the begining of the year. This years team as the least atheltic ability sense 2004. The only reason Franklin got this far is because of hard work, focus, and coaching staff. Franklin wasn't out coached.Franklin has the famous Donnie Webb, the best defencive coach in the state. Oakland's O out weighed Franklin's D by at least 500 pounds. If anything Franklin was just out weighed.

Franklin has had their coaching staff from 2005 to now. From 2005 to present this is Franklins record 30-9 in regular season. i don't know all of the playoff win and loses.

Oh ok well first of all .Franklin wasn't favored to win a playoff game at the begining of the year. This years team as the least atheltic ability sense 2004. The only reason Franklin got this far is because of hard work, focus, and coaching staff. Franklin wasn't out coached.Franklin has the famous Donnie Webb, the best defencive coach in the state. Oakland's O out weighed Franklin's D by at least 500 pounds. If anything Franklin was just out weighed.

Franklin has had their coaching staff from 2005 to now. From 2005 to present this is Franklins record 30-9 in regular season. i don't know all of the playoff win and loses.

thats whats up, no harm intended towards your staff...just what i believe. thats cool you have some coaches on that legendary status, i just wanted to let you and the rest of the state know in advanced that there are coaches on oakland's staff who will achieve that status as well. there is already a large collection of rings between them all.

rankin certainly has set the bar much higher since he went to alcoa, but it wouldnt surprise me to see mac go above and beyond one day. he definitely has youth on his side. with the realignment of the regions i think that opens up more slots for non region games (correct me if im wrong) and i would pay good money to see the 2 square off in murfreesboro this fall. LOL cause i know both would whoop riverdale already /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Do you honestly think that Oakland, 3-7 in '07, 4-6 in '06 and 2-8 in 05 & '04, was picked by ANYBODY to be in the playoffs in 2008? Oakland probably worked as hard if not harder to get to this point in the season and you just can't let it go that they actually outscored Franklin. I am sure that nobody on here would disagree with me in saying that neither team just slid into that game on Saturday by not working for it. Both teams very much deserved to be there and I have the utmost respect for both coaches that obviously were able to inspire their respective young men. Please stop belittling Oakland's incredible journey with your posts about how they were not the better team and that they didn't deserve to win. They did. It was amazing. Franklin has nothing to hang their head about, either. Can't wait until next year so we can do it all again!

On another board, I previously posted that I wouldn't discuss the extent of Trevor Hornsby's injury because it wasn't my place. His parents have asked me to update everyone with the real story now. In the first round of the playoffs against Warren County, Trevor completely tore his left ACL. The DNJ reported it as a season-ending injury the next day. His doctor braced him up and after missing only 1 game, he came back and kicked throughout the rest of the playoffs and in the championship game. He had surgery to replace the ACL yesterday morning and is doing very well right now. Please remember Trevor in your thoughts and prayers as he continues to recover. My son had the same surgery in Sept. and I know that this week will be pretty tough and painful for him.

Nobody can say that this is not one tough kid! 2P, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he missed one field goal attempt and the one PAT on Sat. even with a torn ACL!

Just so the record is correct, Trevor went 7 for 9 on extra points after the injury. He also made a 32 yard field goal against Smyrna (Patriotmama, he didn't miss, remember as that tied the game at the time). The injury probably hurt his accuracy and distance, he wanted to be part of a state championship football team, so he went to rehab, braced himself up, and scheduled the surgery for the Monday after the championship game. While he may be down because of the surgery, he is looking forward to the championship ring. He is a junior and has said he will kick next year (based upon this year, I wouldn't put it past him).