Oneida in 09

remade28

There have been several coaches that have never played any sport and have been very successful as a coach. Just off the top of my head ........... Bruce Pearl was a manager at Boston College during his college days. Charlie Weis at Notre Dame never played football to my recollection. And the list goes on.

And their have been several players that were the best at their sports and made terrible coaches. Isiah Thomas - Bill Russell to name a few.

What makes a good head coach ? Discipline - Knowledge of the game - a good Motivator - Leader and Optimist would have to be a few characteristics.

Apparently Coach Lambert has stressed these things throughout his life as a person and a coach, because every time I hear his name I only hear how great a person and coach he is.

I wish the best for Coach and his family on their move to AC.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been several coaches that have never played any sport and have been very successful as a coach. Just off the top of my head ........... Bruce Pearl was a manager at Boston College during his college days. Charlie Weis at Notre Dame never played football to my recollection. And the list goes on.

And their have been several players that were the best at their sports and made terrible coaches. Isiah Thomas - Bill Russell to name a few.

What makes a good head coach ? Discipline - Knowledge of the game - a good Motivator - Leader and Optimist would have to be a few characteristics.

Apparently Coach Lambert has stressed these things throughout his life as a person and a coach, because every time I hear his name I only hear how great a person and coach he is.

I wish the best for Coach and his family on their move to AC.

He was a fine man and still is a fine man and coach.

well first off you need to get your facts right, Tony played at Scott High School

and he played his senior year and was a very outstanding player on the first

and only district championship team. he also played 4 years of baseball

i am sure you can ask any of his former coaches how hard he worked.he did

walk on at cumberland and played through spring and he and his wife found

out they were having their 2nd child that why he left the team. so dont

get on here talking about something you have no clue about! : : /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Facts are facts T.L. is a a great coach, but a even better human being, as writing on the walls knows and the people of AC, Oneida and Scott all know. If you don't know this then you don't know T.L.. T.L. has moved on and Oneida will move on, We now look to the future and wish him well and will support him when we can. Oneida football was there before TL and will go on long after his departure. If you want to talk about TL go to the AC thread. We have a team that is getting ready for the spring, and a great run this fall.

Facts are facts T.L. is a a great coach, but a even better human being, as writing on the walls knows and the people of AC, Oneida and Scott all know. If you don't know this then you don't know T.L.. T.L. has moved on and Oneida will move on, We now look to the future and wish him well and will support him when we can. Oneida football was there before TL and will go on long after his departure. If you want to talk about TL go to the AC thread. We have a team that is getting ready for the spring, and a great run this fall.

Yep...I hope most of the Smith Co team is on the field. Man, what a great opportunity! Should be some really good players to knock heads with. It's gonna be a fun year!

From what I understand the Oneida/Smith County spring scrimmage has been changed to an AC/Smith County spring scrimmage.

Any details on this to back it up as 100% true?

Golly Day...no one tells me anything! It will be pretty tough for the new coach to schedule anything at all. We might be having an orange and white game, boys! Man, I was looking forward to watching Smith Co...even if it was a scrimmage. Oh well, just part of the deal I guess.

Unreall Tony Lanbert only played 1 year of JV football and at age 26 walked on to Cumberalnd College well that tells me he works his players hard but never did him self. what did he do when he was 15-17 years old sell pop corn at the games.

You weren't there you don't know. I was I know. I know what kind of person tony lambert is. you don't. He was a key part of that '84 district championship team. he worked hard every day. I know I was there. I question you 1734 have you ever buckled it up? I doubt it. I'm gonna miss Tony @ Oneida. I wish him all the best at A C.

Back to the Indians. Have they began the process to find a new coach. Time is running short for Spring ball. Will they appoint an assistant for the spring and then bring in a new coach or use it as a trial period to see if an assistant can handle the job? It will be interesting to see what they will do. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Golly Day...no one tells me anything! It will be pretty tough for the new coach to schedule anything at all. We might be having an orange and white game, boys! Man, I was looking forward to watching Smith Co...even if it was a scrimmage. Oh well, just part of the deal I guess.

Just talked to someone today that verified that the Oneida/Smith County scrimmage has been changed to an AC/Smith County scrimmage.

Just talked to someone today that verified that the Oneida/Smith County scrimmage has been changed to an AC/Smith County scrimmage.

Yeah...very disappointing! But, what's done is done! It can't be changed and I really can't be sad. The future is very bright for Oneida.

The Indians have a very strong class of seniors this year, luckily with lots of experience. We also have a bunch a young talent coming up! Heck, Cheetah is only in the 7th grade. (by the way, we dont call him Cheetah cause he has stripes). I have heard that there are 5 candidate for the job. Thats a pretty good field to compare.

I hope the school board and Mr Bagget will work quickly but use their wisdom. All the Indians need is a guy who will be Fired-Up to coach Oneida. Not build a resume or wait for another job opening. Choice is pretty easy in my mind but we will have to wait and see.

No sense in looking back. TL left the program in outstanding shape. Time to make it even better!