Centennial Football 2009

ambiguousrock

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaz is gone, which means a couple of less wins for the program.

Beg to differ...lot of talent still on the team and Coach Mat and his coaching team are amazing at bringing the players' best out! I would imagine those juniors and sophomore who are anxious to play are already hitting that brand new, well equipped weight room! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is next year's schedule:

Week 1 @ Antioch

Week 2 @ Franklin

Week 3 Smyrna

Week 4 Independence

Week 5 @ Overton

Week 6 Brtentwood

Week 7 Lawrence County

Week 8 @ Ravenwood

Week 9 @ Columbia

Week 10 Hilsburo

Difficult way to start their season with 2 away games against difficult teams. Finishing up with Hillsboro isnt going to be an easy task either. What starters does CHS have returning?

I expect CHS to be down quite a bit. Losing some amazing talent!

I think that is a very valid point. Now I do agree what Coach Mat is doing is a good thing and overall the team is improving, however with the loss of Chaz that hurts and is irreplaceable. When I think of the best skill position football players to go through Centennial I think of Curtis Steele, Philip Bates, and then Chaz Scales.

I would put Bates in front of Steele, only because Bates did EVERYTHING for that team.

That schedule is definitely tough, and will be a measuring stick for the Cougars.

Anyone know who will be replacing the departing seniors?

I agree. Bates was huge for the cougars. Steele was crucial as well but not to the extent of Bates.

Here is next year's schedule:

Week 1 @ Antioch

Week 2 @ Franklin

Week 3 Smyrna

Week 4 Independence

Week 5 @ Overton

Week 6 Brtentwood

Week 7 Lawrence County

Week 8 @ Ravenwood

Week 9 @ Columbia

Week 10 Hilsburo

If that is the schedule, then I will predict Centennial to be 5-5. Although that prediction might be a tad bit to generous for a team starting a questionable sophmore at Quarter-Back and placing him into an offensive system that thrived on broken plays this past year.

Also, if I properly understand the new system...If and when Centennial looses to Hillsboro (and they will) then they do not go to the play-offs. The Hillsboro game is the only game that "really matters" and I do not see them beating Hillsboro High anytime in the near future

Another season done, and what a season it was.

So what do we have to look forward to next year? Schedule, new starters, etc. Please add your two cents!

Lots of holes to fill including o-line, linebackers and other than Kemp, playmakers. Freshmen team showed promise by beating both Franklin and Brentwood but that translates into a ton of inexperience for 2009.