News from District 9-A

ecu

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, thats the ticket! It must be the point guard. But which one? Get a grip! A team that went through the ringer for two years and has a new young coach in his second year experiences some ups and downs. This is a surprise to anyone? The consistency problem is shared by all of the boys; each has been on a rollercoaster, a solid game followed by a slack game followed by a great game. The mental toughness required to have all of the boys put in a solid game at the same time is the key to this team's success. If they pull it together it will be their year. If not they will have a good but unspectacular year. I believe they will get it done. Go Vikings.

Yea, thats the ticket! It must be the point guard. But which one? Get a grip! A team that went through the ringer for two years and has a new young coach in his second year experiences some ups and downs. This is a surprise to anyone? The consistency problem is shared by all of the boys; each has been on a rollercoaster, a solid game followed by a slack game followed by a great game. The mental toughness required to have all of the boys put in a solid game at the same time is the key to this team's success. If they pull it together it will be their year. If not they will have a good but unspectacular year. I believe they will get it done. Go Vikings.

I think our district is stronger than some people are giving it credit for. Forrest is 1-3 in the district, but went to Wayne County and beat Collinwood.

I think our district is stronger than some people are giving it credit for. Forrest is 1-3 in the district, but went to Wayne County and beat Collinwood.

Collinwood came off a lose to Summertown and were down they got them on a good night.

Culleoka dominated Cascade twice already this year and held them to 7 points in one half last night.

If Cascade is the best team in this district then district 11a is way above this district because Huntland played Cascade down to the wire a three point game tonight at Culleoka Christmas Classic is was a good game but Cascade dosn't have enough scoring besides 22 and 4 outside thats just my opinion though.

Eagleville hosted Page, Tullahoma and Forrest

Good games - Tullahoma beat Eagleville by one - Forrest lost both. Hadn't seen them play much but don't understand why they have the 6'2 guy(tallest on team) playing outside??? The subs came in and did a good job

Not sure how the Page/Eagleville game turned out - I know Eagleville girls won

I think Eagleville could pull it off and go all the way if they PASS THE BALL im pretty sure there are only 2 players on that team and if you've seen them play you know who im talking about!!! Makes me angry /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

ds123 what you call domination by culleoka over cascade was what game? I was at both of them and watched Cascade LEAD after one quarter at home before falling to a team with two dominant post players that are 6'6 and should dominate. My family and I then went to Culleoka and watched Cascade play terrible in the first half and yes only score 7 points but it wasn't like Cully blazed the nets, they scored 26 in the first half.....BUT WAIT wins and losses arent' awarded after just ONE half and late in the fourth quarter Cascade had Cully's lead to nine with trips to get closer but missed shots. Coach Pope tipped his hat to them as just a better team and I agree to a point.....they have two post players Cascade doesn't have. As for the Huntland game, Cascade led by 15 at the end of three quarters and relaxed and to Huntland's credit came roaring back behind some streaky three point shooters who had remained silent most of the game. Bottom line, District 9-A could be won by several teams, Community, Eagleville, Cascade and you CAN NOT count out Forrest, Coach Mac does a great job and always seems to have his teams ready for tournament time. Should be fun to be a fan like me, good luck to everybody!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Big game between Forrest and MTCS. This is a game which could determine a first round home game. The other big game is Community and Cascade. Community is in a must win situation after disappointing early losses to non-contenders. Cascade can take control of first by winning another road game. What is going to happen?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Big game between Forrest and MTCS. This is a game which could determine a first round home game.

All games including the first round of this year's tournament are being held at Eagleville at "neutral" site. There will be no first round home games based on seeding.