Fastest guy in the state????

BABILL

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mr. SoddyDaisey. Whatis your problem. I mean you must be a lineman are something. Cause you sure seem jealious. Why don't you just hush and let them talk. There is no need for you to interrupt everytime that they say someone is fast. They could have hit these speeds. That is not saying that they do it everytime. I mean you aren't at every practice of every team and i doubt that you are all the great camps either. So to tell you the truth I don't think any one wants your opinion

One possible explanation is that many of the "world class" sprint times you see are electronically timed.

Most H.S. 40 times are done by hand held stop watches. USA track and field requires that all hand held sprint times have .24 of a second added to them to allow for the slower reaction of a human's eyes vs. electronic timing.

No matter what the case, a 4.5 hand held is still fast.

In response to people saying that guys weren't running a 4.2 or 4.3, please look at this article about matt shelton. He ran a 4.4 apparently after his ACL injury.

http://www.uhnd.com/articles/2002/7-10-124915.shtml

If more memphis people or collierville people got on here, they would confirm what I am saying...it is truly unbelievable to even fathom

i agree with mrsoddydaisy, i don't believe that any high schoolers are breaking 4.4. nfl scouts get excited when they see a reciever run hand held times of 4.35. jabar gaffney of florida was timed at 4.5. donte stallworth was the fastest man in the draft(ashley lellie was a close second) and donte ran with many coaches using hand-held stopwatches. the range for one run was 4.29 to 4.19. i do not believe a high schooler is that close to donte's forty times.